Where Are The Best Hamburgers In Bkk?

profidamus

Hey jing jing masterful dude, did ya have to go and mention the Apple Pan? OMG those are the best burgers worldwide hands down and their coffee aint too shabby either. For those who do not know, there is but one Apple Pan and it is located in LA. In N Out also grrrrrreat. Tommy Burger has those hour long lines for burgs at 1AM for good reason.

How could you forget Fat Burger, 'The World's Last Great Hamburger Stand,' where they fix it up for you while you watch and give instructions? If only somebody would...uh, borrow the concept (it ain't brain surgery) and open one in Bangkok.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all so much !!!!

I looked at my post the other day and not one post, today so many I'll be eating burgers for the rest of the month.

I dont think my enable email is working as I did click it, anyway I did find it.

Now out to Lunch

Thanks,

Bob

• 5 months later...
Rustler's Steakhouse had what a thought to be a pretty good burger. Not sure how many outlets they have around BKK, but there's definitely one in Seacon Square.

(bump)

What floor is it on? Near... ?

:o

I would guess 4th floor near Narai Pizza ....

I know this is the BKK forum and I'll be checking smoe out ....

But ...

Fatty (or Fatties?) in Pattaya across the road from Big C plaza .... They do LOTS of burgers ... had the 1/3 pound chili burger there not too long back ... Yummmmmm

Owned by an yougish American from New Orleans (the home of the best food in the USA) ... good stuff!

I've eaten at fatties, they have a rather large burger. one time I ate there the beef tasted not fresh. my brother was worried he was going to get poisoned and stopped halfway thru. I ate mine but beef was not fresh. I wont be going back

A few words on those burgers outside of nana plaza. I am concerned about cleanliness issues among others. the preparer is taking money, making change and preparing burgers. I used to work a lot of retail and know how filthy money is. after a short time of collecting cash, one's hand turns dark with dirt. also I dont like how the uncooked burgers sit out in the bangkok heat for hours. burgers are meant to be pulled from refridgeration and then cooked. I've eaten these burgers and they just dont taste clean. needless to say,

I dont eat them anymore

Thanks Mono! 2 negative posts in a row .. with not one good reccomendation! You never let us down!

Fatties is faboo! great food ... always fresh ... but is it worth going that far JUST for a burger?:o

I was gonna stop at Seacon today when the maids came ... but since they didn't show up ... it'll have to wait til next Mon :D

Believe Family Mart still do a "burger"for around 13bt each and sometimes I have even managed to buy one and get one FREE.

Just make sure that you tell them to give "em another 30 secs in the microwave otherwise they dont taste so hot.

Might not be the best in the place but TIT and for 13bt. :D:o

MAN, are you CHEAP or what? Your health can't be good if you eat that kind of food, No offence,Dude

Thanks Mono! 2 negative posts in a row .. with not one good reccomendation! You never let us down!

Fatties is faboo! great food ... always fresh ... but is it worth going that far JUST for a burger?:o

I was gonna stop at Seacon today when the maids came ... but since they didn't show up ... it'll have to wait til next Mon :D

I call em like I see em. Fatties is fine if they use fresh beef but I suspect there are times it aint too too fresh like when my bro and I were there a while back. no suggestions cause I haven't found any decent burgs here. Best bets are the 2 fast food giants and that aint saying much. Old Asia hand is right, someone outta open up a fat burger over here

Edited by monochaser

I am surprised no body mentioned the Hard Rock Cafe near Siam Square...not exactly the same genre as In n Out/Apple Pan/Fat burger/Tommy's or Chano's (31st and Figueroa by USC)....but it worked for me when the craving hit.

Bacon

cheese

onion rings

bbq sauce....

yum :D

Cant talk about burger in the kingdom without giving a shout out to MIKE's in Chiang Mai :o

I was gonna stop at Seacon today when the maids came ... but since they didn't show up ... it'll have to wait til next Mon :o

Let me know if you find it. On the fourth floor there is a Narai, Santa Fe, Bella Pizza, Oishi Express, Shabushi, Heng Everyday (no relation), KFC, Hachiban, Krua Thai, Skylark, and another Thai noodle place, and of course the food court. Would be great if there is a burger place I'm somehow missing.

:D

I have not tried them, but have been told that the new Tony Roma's counter in the Emporium Park Food Hall has good burgers.

I tried this burger not too long ago and I would have to disagree. I didn't enjoy it much at all. There is wway too much bread/bun and not enough meat. It was like eating only two pieces of bread with some ketchup. You can't even taste the meat!

How could you forget Fat Burger, 'The World's Last Great Hamburger Stand,' where they fix it up for you while you watch and give instructions? If only somebody would...uh, borrow the concept (it ain't brain surgery) and open one in Bangkok.

Fatburger? They are ok but compared to In N Out, it isn't even close. In N Out wins hands down and the constant line at the drive-thru at In N Out when Fatburgers line is usually empty proves it.

Woodstock in Nana, second floor or the right is good but beware the " bangkok burger " it is HOT .

I gather you haven't been to Bangkok in quite a long while......

About 4 months . Why is there something else you want to say ?

Woodstock in Nana, second floor or the right is good but beware the " bangkok burger " it is HOT .

I gather you haven't been to Bangkok in quite a long while......

About 4 months . Why is there something else you want to say ?

Woodstock has moved to 44 Soi Thonglor 13 and that location on the second floor of Nana, is now Rainbow 4 Go Go Bar. They moved out over a year ago.

Im no expert on burgers but O'Neills on Sukhumvit between Soi 3 +and 5 is pretty good for me

My wife says "Thanks." :o It is O'Brians though, next to Tony Roma’s Most days over 100 hamburgers are eaten, that and the spaghetti meatballs are very popular. Its all in the meat. For the hamburger, the bun as well. It is BIG.

Thanks for the heads up Greg . I was going to go there next week . It would have been a little funny walking in to a restaurant where the food was still wiggling :o

To be honest when I was in NEP last , I never made it upstairs . It was a nice oasis for a break there.

• 2 weeks later...
Haven't tried the beef burger but Larry's Dive Bar do a good Chicken Burger and Club Sandwich

Don't bother.

Last time I tried it, Larry's burger was just a formerly-frozen slab of something warmed up on the grill.

No flavour.

No texture.

Nothing to recommend a second bite.

Good fries, though.

And the Coca-Cola was fine.

Woodstock has moved to 44 Soi Thonglor 13

Indeed, but it's not worth the trip to Tonglor for a Woodstock burger.

I went there last week, just because I was craving a good burger and had read suggestions that Woodstock could provide that.

What a disappointment.

Good service.

Nice food presentation.

Large, fresh, tasty bun.

Fresh, crispy lettuce and plenty of onion to layer on top.

Delicious fries served piping hot.

But the burger?

Bland at best -- standard, restaurant, packaged, burger patty with no flavour.

I suspect must have been frozen a long, long, time.

II won't be returning to Woodstock, not for a burger like that.

I agree with Toklong, I think Nana Hotel puts out an excellent Burger, and for the price, you can't beat it...

Here's another vote for the hamburger at the Nana Hotel coffee shop.

Not the best burger I've ever had, but darn good.

I was surprised at the big size and the good quality -- but Cheap-Charlies won't be happy with the price.

High marks for the fries, too.

Plus, Nana coffee shop open 24-hours.

But that said, I have not yet tasted the burger at Big Mango across the soi in NEP.

Maybe that is really the best burger in Bangkok.

After reading this thread for the last couple of weeks I was inspired to go out and do a bit of research!!

Went to the Big Mango a few nights back had the burger and fries and Beer Lao. The burger was nicely seasoned and well cooked. I found the fat content a little bit high for my liking, it all seeped into the bun which made it a bit soggy and greasy. French Fries were fine but I do prefer fat chips. Beer Lao was great though :D The bar is fine with good pool tables and great cues. The music was awful, too loud and the usual Thai dance/techno..dissapointing. The service was fine but I didn't appreciate the repetitive screams every time a member of the staff potted a ball.

The Dubliner Irish pub on Sukhumvit at the corner of Washington Square (opposite soi 33) has a wide selection of Burgers (amongst other things). I guess you could call them gourmet burgers as they come with a variety of more exotic toppings such as red onion marmalade and blue cheese, tomato salsa etc etc. The burgers are good and you're also asked how you'd like them cooked. Not as nicely seasoned as the big mango but with a lower fat content. They are also very large. The buns are nice but no sesame seeds. Big Chips as standard here rather than French Fries (but you can swap). Also a bit pricey starting at 210bt. Music is more classic rock not too loud and quite a nice atmosphere. Good service somewhere between a restaurant and a bar. In the UK we'd call it a gastro pub :o

The burger menu is here http://www.dublinerbangkok.com/index.php?id=49

The Bulls Head pub on Sukhumvit soi 33/1 also has a burger on its menu. I took a couple of friends there one an American from Venice California and the other a Thai who had lived in the States for a while. The burger is a real homemade affair well textured meat with a slice of cheddar and sliced dill pickles with salad on the side. Again asked how we wanted it cooked. Big chips only no French fries. Bun was nice and had sesame seeds on it. Both my fellow diners commented how nice it was. My Thai friend was very impressed. Good value at 140bt. Really nice service and basic but good presentation. General pop/rock music in a real English Pub setting.

The Londoner on the corner of Sukhumvit soi 33. This was really awful. The burger was a factory made affair. About a quarter inch thick and fried rather than grilled, no flavour, terrible texture. Soggy tasteless bun, floppy anemic looking chips and tired salad. Expensive at 250bt. Cavernous basement bar. Ok Service, terrible presentation. Avoid!

These are my findings so far, yet to try the Hard Rock Cafe in Siam Square.

The search continues....

I am looking for a big fat, juicy hamburger, with onions and pickles, mustard and ketchup, a slice of sharp cheddar cheese, and a toasted bun.

:o:D:D

No thanks. Each to their own though.

Are you as hungry as I am?

No!

Must be a Yank thing!!!

I am looking for a big fat, juicy hamburger, with onions and pickles, mustard and ketchup, a slice of sharp cheddar cheese, and a toasted bun.

:o:D:D

No thanks. Each to their own though.

Are you as hungry as I am?

No!

Must be a Yank thing!!!

yeah...just like oatmeal and haggis are scots things...

I agree with Toklong, I think Nana Hotel puts out an excellent Burger, and for the price, you can't beat it...

Here's another vote for the hamburger at the Nana Hotel coffee shop.

Not the best burger I've ever had, but darn good.

I was surprised at the big size and the good quality -- but Cheap-Charlies won't be happy with the price.

High marks for the fries, too.

Plus, Nana coffee shop open 24-hours.

But that said, I have not yet tasted the burger at Big Mango across the soi in NEP.

Maybe that is really the best burger in Bangkok.

I had mentioned on another TV burger thread (there are many, a testament to the disguised loathing of thai food by many posters) that the first open sided beer bar down soi nana on the right hand side has a catering arrangement with the Nana Hotel and they get their burgers from there...maybe prepared in the coffee shop kitchen?

an outstanding specimen but folks don't pay much attention to burgers in beer bars when tryin' to get laid...tutsiwarrior defies local customs when it comes to a good burger...

('say darlin'...how would you like to have a burger with ol' tuts while I try an' guess your weight?'

('unhand me you beast...tutsi falang bah'...)

if I haven't said elsewhere on this thread the Big Mango at NEP gives the all the 'best burger' contenders in BKK a run for the money...