I'Ll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours.......

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...good on Jothram for creating something he is happy and content with and can make a quid from eventually......also good on him for getting back on topic after IA's derailment.

So why did YOU start all the negativity? I reacted to your petty, childish comments. Now I am the cause, Duck off

All of the land I have was cleared decades ago and was used in the rainy season for rice and chillis. You couldn't get water to the rice paddies every year so the land wasn't very productive. The purpose of the farm has always been for profit, it just took us a while to figure things out. The purposes of the post were hopefully to see some of the farms of other posters and possibly network with folks in my area or within 5-7 hours drive. It's not organic and it's not permaculture. It's just a farm, but it's my farm and it's makes me (and the family) happy. If you're in the neighborhood and I'm around, you are welcome to visit.

A nice farm Jotham, it looks great,the pudsa growing intrigued me, last year a brother-in-law recommended we plant some, I could only find one tree at the local nursery at the time so we planted some lychee and tamarind instead. In Issan you see wild pudsa growing along the roadside everywhere, they have extremely sharp thorns, I even used some cut down ones as an addition to a barbed wire fence. But the cultivated ones are obviously worth some money. I guess they're hardy.

All of the land I have was cleared decades ago and was used in the rainy season for rice and chillis. You couldn't get water to the rice paddies every year so the land wasn't very productive. The purpose of the farm has always been for profit, it just took us a while to figure things out. The purposes of the post were hopefully to see some of the farms of other posters and possibly network with folks in my area or within 5-7 hours drive. It's not organic and it's not permaculture. It's just a farm, but it's my farm and it's makes me (and the family) happy. If you're in the neighborhood and I'm around, you are welcome to visit.

The mango farm, 300 trees; sometimes a handful, we forget about it at harvest time.

post-14625-0-87247800-1341571818_thumb.j

Edited by soidog2

Yes...good on Jothram for creating something he is happy and content with and can make a quid from eventually......also good on him for getting back on topic after IA's derailment.

So why did YOU start all the negativity? I reacted to your petty, childish comments. Now I am the cause, Duck off

If you read it again...YOU started the negative jibe about me saying stuff I did not even mention....go look..go on.

Good to see you agree at least.

IA ... Sam's a great bloke ... I'll vouch for him.

Just don't bite ... he'll go fishing somewhere else.

Also don't underestimate him as he has a lot to contribute.

Solid advice oh hooded silencer I will sit back and enjoy the natural beauty of our fellow members farms.

• Like 1

IA ... Sam's a great bloke ... I'll vouch for him.

Just don't bite ... he'll go fishing somewhere else.

Also don't underestimate him as he has a lot to contribute.

Solid advice oh hooded silencer I will sit back and enjoy the natural beauty of our fellow members farms.

Artificial...or manufactured beauty...but not natural.

I have met some pratts and a few trolls but mate you take the cake. YOU WIN DUCKWIT! So tell us all what you think we should be doing! You have my undivided attention......

I think we should be admiring other peoples beautiful farms.

I have met some pratts and a few trolls but mate you take the cake. YOU WIN DUCKWIT! So tell us all what you think we should be doing! You have my undivided attention......

THATS IT? That is your definition of natural? That is how to work integrating farming operations to eliminate chemical degradation? That is how you rebuild degraded soils and the biology that makes them that way? No, No, you have to do better than that!

THATS IT? That is your definition of natural? That is how to work integrating farming operations to eliminate chemical degradation? That is how you rebuild degraded soils and the biology that makes them that way? No, No, you have to do better than that!

If you ignore him, you will deprive him of an audience & satisfaction, he will go look for other threads in self perceived need of smart *ss comments.

If you ignore him, you will deprive him of an audience & satisfaction, he will go look for other threads in self perceived need of smart *ss comments.

Will not.

Phew! I'm glad that's over......I thought I was still in the General section there for a while.

OK just over 24 hours, wonder if the under the bridge Troll meter has expired or not?

probably cannot find his way out of the weeds to post.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder as the well known saying goes,

i like to see nice neet rows of trees and cucumber chillies ect, but thats just me,

let every man do as he likes, i love to see my chickens just roaming round, but it isnt very practical but i still like to see them doing what they like,

jake

You are correct....everyone views things differently.

But, if everyone was allowed to do whatever they like.....then all the real natural beauty spots would be gone and replaced with IA's version of such.

You are correct....everyone views things differently.

But, if everyone was allowed to do whatever they like.....then all the real natural beauty spots would be gone and replaced with IA's version of such.

Or perhaps my version?

I have a poultry farm in Phetchabun, currently 18,000 chickens, also have about 7/8 rai of spare land to grow crops on, but I cannot use any kind of weedkiller, whilst housing the chickens, so the 7/8 rai is wasted really, Would be good to do something with it, also I have three ponds with year round water, one pond is approx one rai, 4 metres deep which I have some Nin, Sawai, duk, and tabtim, feed them occasionally with chicken crap, My farang friends come fishing often, the biggest pla duk caught is around 12 kilo, also have a 2 year old son, to look after , as the missus is currently looking after the chickens.

Anyway if anyone wants to visit your welcome.

• Like 1

i would love a bit of the fishing, and ithink my wife has relatives there, ill have to ask her, i love my fishing,,lol, 18,000 hens, ive got about 60,,lol

take care jake,

and getting back to beauty, i live near the national forest jungle it will allways be there for me to look at, even still has a great number of wild elephants, ive never seen them but my wifes uncles lives very close and they see them often,

it is a beautiful place and the wild orchids are something else,

• Like 1

I have a poultry farm in Phetchabun, currently 18,000 chickens...

Man that's a serious op!

You could do a thread all your own just on the Farm.

Have you considered that option?

Are they meat chickens or layers?

Monkey Pants,

At last you return. Every now and then I think of those that have had the temperature raised too high by some PRAT and have stopped posting. God knows it happens to most of us. Hope all is well, would love to visit one day.

To everyone else, doubt he is going to post any more pictures. Just leave it at that and take up the invitation if you can.

IA

Monkey Pants,

At last you return. Every now and then I think of those that have had the temperature raised too high by some PRAT and have stopped posting. God knows it happens to most of us. Hope all is well, would love to visit one day.

To everyone else, doubt he is going to post any more pictures. Just leave it at that and take up the invitation if you can.

IA

You are of course referring to to andycrosby (the prat) and khonwan (who has stopped posting) whom I do hope will return at some stage

Monkey Pants,

IA

You are of course referring to to andycrosby (the prat) and khonwan (who has stopped posting) whom I do hope will return at some stage

Wrong on both counts.

Monkey Pants,

IA

Agreed....AC was a nasty piece of work after a PM he sent me.

Monkey Pants,

IA

Agreed....AC was a nasty piece of work after a PM he sent me.

Yeah I got one too.

Thanks IA.

You are more than welcome to visit, we have a guest room too, so no problem there,

The farm is producing big profits now, and with the EU lifting the ban of importing fresh chicken from Thailand, we are busier than ever

You could do a thread all your own just on the Farm.

Have you considered that option?

Are they meat chickens or layers?

We raise broilers, (chickens for meat)

I may start a thread on it one day, but it will not contain to many personal details, been there done that, didn't like it.

. If I did it would be a general overview of a chicken farm operation, but do you think farmers in this forum are particularly interested ?

I doubt that it would help anybody really, as I don't know any other chicken farmers on here, and if someone wanted to start this kind of business you would need about 2 million baht spare for 1 shed, plus land costs etc etc.

I would post pics of the operation, but no personal pics of me or family would be included,

But it's not up to me, its up to you guys to decide .

Anyway as I say, anyone is welcome to come have a see what we do.

• Like 1