What'S Your A/C Setting ?

JeffreyMcCollum

Time and time agian I hear of people complaining of their electrical cost per month and say they run their A/C all the time. So I wonder what Temp. it is set at ?

I come from Hawaii and find 27 is very nice for me, Just takes the edge off, but most of the time it is not needed. I leave windows open, and have ceiling fans when needed. My home is well insulated so I get no heat from above.

What do you do ? and do you think it is partly because where you come from ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been using the aircon in the bedroom lately, in the afternoons the inside temp is 34 and not comfortable for my nanna nap. I set the aircon to around 24-25 for around an hour then back it off to about 27 as it feels too cold.

My mother likes 17 degree or less, I like 20 degree.....We have some very nordic blood....

My 70 year old mother walks in winter at minus 20 degree without shoes in the long shirt for sleeping without underwear thru the garden to pick up the newspaper in the morning.

(since 50 years they tell her she will get sick on the female parts....).

Every time she visits me in Thailand he almost dies from the heat......I, now after 1o years, have no problem without aircon on the day. Just in the night I have set it to 21.

My apartment is reasonable for heat, previous was terrible, when i run it 26deg and thats normally when i cook or entertain, i prefer the fan and its on 24/7, when gf stays over bedroom is set at 23 deg for the exerciser period once we settle down to sleep the aircon goes off and the fan on.

0, as in zero, 24/7. We have lots of fans in our place, no A/Cs at all.

Thanyaburi Mac, Pathum Thani

Mine is the same except when the family ime it was on was at songkran.come up from Bangkok and the odd couple of hours 2 or 3 times a year to cool my son down when he has a high temperature.

The last time it was on was Songkran.

I actually used 16 units of electricity less last month but my bill was 199 baht more. Inflation I guess.

Edited by billd766

My gf set the one in the living room to 24 which drives me crazy ,I ge very hot and bothered ,in the bedroom it's 17 I'd go lower if the unit allowed ,zircon bill is huge ,but I like it cold

How do you tolerate the outside temps of 34 degrees if you like it as cold as that? I'm quite happy with a fan 99% of the time.

stock-photo-5242806-arctic-cold.jpg#frozen%20arctic%20coldcold.gif

Seems a bit over dressed for -40C :)

When I was just finished with highschool I did one job with my dad on the northslope, construction, it was so cold the power tools would stop working (-60F + windchill). Had to wear a warm pile jacket under the down parka.

When I'm in Thailand I keep the aircon at 22, at home right now and it's 14 outside so I just opened the windows...

Only when I sleep, and 18c. I like it cold when I sleep. Nice and warm under the covers, but cold on the outside. smile.png

18c works fine for me all the time. Just two air cons in the house but they keep most of the place cool. Our electric bill was less than ฿1800 with the air cons running much of the day and night

Seems a bit over dressed for -40C smile.png

Had to walk from the parking lot to the office at 40 below, best to run.smile.png Oh and have a long, knee length coat as when you sit in the car the seat can be a tad chilly at first. Tires take a few blocks to get "round". Office had a bank of warm batteries on a "starter trolley" for the odd people who's car battery was not quite enough. wink.png

Nighttime only 16/17 smile.png

16/17? My god, that's bloody freezing. How can you adjust to the outside temp after sleeping with it that low?

Nighttime only 16/17 smile.png

My fridge won't go down to that.

No problem adjusting in the morning. Big thick duvet on the bed but need to sleep in a cold room. Even the Mrs is use to it now. :)

I have it but don't use it. I prefer open windows with a fan. Try it sometime, learn to like it. Your in Thailand. While your at it, have you tried doing your own laundry or cleaning your room? That is a good still to have also. Builds character.