Do U Feel Safe In Bangkok?

Belfastboy

You'll be fine in a taxi travelling together. There are some cases of taxis drivers with muggings or rapings, but these as usual, occur to women on their own.

I agree with BKK - highly unlikely. The worst thing that can happen to you during late hrs w/taxi is being over charged. Always ask how much before you get in!! :o

You'll be fine in a taxi travelling together. There are some cases of taxis drivers with muggings or rapings, but these as usual, occur to women on their own.

I agree with BKK - highly unlikely. The worst thing that can happen to you during late hrs w/taxi is being over charged. Always ask how much before you get in!! :o

Sorry to disagree Brit, but don't ever get into a taxi and ask the price, coz they'll give you one and it'll be higher than the meter!

Always check the meters on though when you get into a taxi and if he says 'don't work' or any of that claptrap take another taxi.

If you get in the taxis that are parked up outside the entrainment areas you might have a harder job finding one with a 'working meter' because they generally have to pay the police a charge to be able to get such a good spot where they can find all the farangs that are often easily overcharged, so do yourself a favour and walk a little up the road and flag one down that's driving past.

Sorry to disagree Brit, but don't ever get into a taxi and ask the price, coz they'll give you one and it'll be higher than the meter!

Always check the meters on though when you get into a taxi and if he says 'don't work' or any of that claptrap take another taxi.

If you get in the taxis that are parked up outside the entrainment areas you might have a harder job finding one with a 'working meter' because they generally have to pay the police a charge to be able to get such a good spot where they can find all the farangs that are often easily overcharged, so do yourself a favour and walk a little up the road and flag one down that's driving past.

Well suppose you are right, I was more thinking in line with if you already know what roughly the fares should be....

Correct about E-Zones, couldn't get correct fare from HRC to Soi 4 for the correct fare - ending up paying way more than it should have been. (couldnt be bothered look for another taxi)

Ah, ok, not one of my hangouts. In fact only ever heard bad things about the place ie. overpriced drinks, crap music and full of freelancers that think too much of themselves! :D

All true Brit or not? :o

But a perfect example of the kind of place where you will find taxis without 'working meters' and yeah a bit of a walk to to the street to get one that does work especially after a few bevys. :D

Ah, ok, not one of my hangouts. In fact only ever heard bad things about the place ie. overpriced drinks, crap music and full of freelancers that think too much of themselves! :D

All true Brit or not? :D

But a perfect example of the kind of place where you will find taxis without 'working meters' and yeah a bit of a walk to to the street to get one that does work especially after a few bevys. :D

Dunno always met mates there - not bad cover band. Drink prices are crap, but mega tourist place in the end. (luckily havent been there for eons) Hmmm never been approached by any ladies there either, perhaps I'm not a handsum man??? :o

Yeah, if you ever come out of Pat Pong, Silom Soi 4 or anywhere else in that immediate vicinity, you'll find that all the taxis on side of the road nearest to you will refuse to put the meter on, but if you simply cross over to the other side (easy to do late at night, only traffic around is taxis, mostly stationary anyway) then all taxis are legit.