Newbies To Thaivisa.......

theblether

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am home now, SC has a home one mile from mine, that may account for a similar outlook on things.

Split my OP into two....the first part was an appeal to stop bullying newbies, the second part was a reference to the social aspect of Thaivisa.

If some of you would stop treating TV as a war zone and treat it as a social medium then you would get a big surprise as to how sociable and hospitable your fellow members are. Smokie will confirm that we had truly magical days visiting TV members and outstanding nights too.

So yes I have made a fuss about leaving, I am delighted to make a fuss about saying thanks for the hospitality, it made my trip memorable. I wish I had more time as there were plenty more invitations that I could not take up, I will do next time though.

So less bullying and more blethering would make TV a more enjoyable place for everyone.

You see its just this sort of agressive, vindictive posting that gives newbies a bad name.w00t.gif

And you don't even live here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some days I just pray for a long power cut.....

• Like 1

I am home now, SC has a home one mile from mine, that may account for a similar outlook on things.

Split my OP into two....the first part was an appeal to stop bullying newbies, the second part was a reference to the social aspect of Thaivisa.

If some of you would stop treating TV as a war zone and treat it as a social medium then you would get a big surprise as to how sociable and hospitable your fellow members are. Smokie will confirm that we had truly magical days visiting TV members and outstanding nights too.

So yes I have made a fuss about leaving, I am delighted to make a fuss about saying thanks for the hospitality, it made my trip memorable. I wish I had more time as there were plenty more invitations that I could not take up, I will do next time though.

So less bullying and more blethering would make TV a more enjoyable place for everyone.

You see its just this sort of agressive, vindictive posting that gives newbies a bad name.w00t.gif

And you don't even live here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some days I just pray for a long power cut.....

biggrin.png No need to pray mate, power cuts are part of day to day life on Samui. Just to make your day, apparently were in for loads this month!

Now, let this be enough of all this bile and hatred you and theblether have been dishing out! laugh.png

• Like 1

My attempts to take the Chiang Rai sub forum down a broader path, including social media and interaction in addition to what was already there, was met with heavy resistance. They seem to see it as an either/or, while I think there is room for the traditional as well as the new. Apparently some felt so strongly they went off and started a completely new forum. I guess some people just find it difficult to play well with others when they don’t agree about everything.

You have managed to influence a portion of the posts here on TV and that is all anyone can expect.smile.png

Oh, eh, I forgot to mention, me and Smokie are coming to see you at Christmas,

Just sayin'

( at this point vf makes devious last minute plans to flee Chiang Rai this Christmas :-) )

My attempts to take the Chiang Rai sub forum down a broader path, including social media and interaction in addition to what was already there, was met with heavy resistance. They seem to see it as an either/or, while I think there is room for the traditional as well as the new. Apparently some felt so strongly they went off and started a completely new forum. I guess some people just find it difficult to play well with others when they don't agree about everything.

You have managed to influence a portion of the posts here on TV and that is all anyone can expect.smile.png

Oh, eh, I forgot to mention, me and Smokie are coming to see you at Christmas,

Just sayin'

( at this point vf makes devious last minute plans to flee Chiang Rai this Christmas :-) )

Already booked my flight.tongue.pnglaugh.png
  • Like 1

one thing I'm tired of is people asking whether they should move here and how much money is needed.

we are not here to coddle or offer financial/investment advice.

if your looking to move make your own decision, then come back for advice, man.

Edited by jacktrip

one thing I'm tired of is people asking whether they should move here and how much money is needed.

Thank you for your weighty reply.

I've almost stopped reading such threads; except I'm irresistably drawn by the opportunity for scurrilous misdirection.

I should set up an investment company and profit from my poor advice

SC

BUT, that is what the forum is for. How many guys did not ask/inquire and made a mistake ?. LOS is a different world to live in and l wish l had done more homework with knowledgeable long time forum members. sad.png Edited by transam

BUT, that is what the forum is for. How many guys did not ask/inquire and made a mistake ?. LOS is a different world to live in and l wish l had done more homework with knowledgeable long time forum members. sad.png

What sort of homework do you wish you had done Transam?

BUT, that is what the forum is for. How many guys did not ask/inquire and made a mistake ?. LOS is a different world to live in and l wish l had done more homework with knowledgeable long time forum members. sad.png

The stuff l advise on now. huh.png

Hows your tyre pressures. laugh.png

The stuff l advise on now. huh.png

Hows your tyre pressures. laugh.png

Bit bouncy. Might be over inflating

Edited by BookMan

As a newbi, I agree with the OP.

We have feelings ya know.

We can be sensitive in a new environment and easily offended.

We are susceptible to bullying.

is that every time u come back?

I gave him a like...if he posts again I'll hit him with anothet! :lol:

As a newbi, I agree with the OP.

We have feelings ya know.

We can be sensitive in a new environment and easily offended.

We are susceptible to bullying.

is that every time u come back?

I do not understand your question.

• Like 1