Extension Of O-A Visa One Year

Aforek

Hello, because every immigration office seems to act differently for the story of visa, I need to know exactly how it is in Huan Hin to have an extension of O-A visa because it will be the first time for me

I need pictures; how many ? TM 7 form needed : not TM 47 ?

my passeport expires on march 2014; can I have my extension this year ( november ); no need to have one year and half left ? my ambassy says 6 months is enough

do they ask a plan from home to the immigration office ?

I choose the combo solution ( money in bank and pension )

Is it better to ask the extension a few days before the end of the 90 days report , and do they managne all the things in same time ( I mean, if 90 days finish on october 1st, they give extension the same day ? )

Is it easy to have the paper from the bank which says how much money you have ( BTW , how do you call it in english ? )

I have heard that there is tea money asked for "thai wife vis" ; tea money also for O-A extension ?

I forget something ? thank you for your help smile.png and sorry for so many questions .

Maybe my O-M experience will be helpful

>my passeport expires on march 2014

My understanding is that any extension, permission, expiration date, etc. can not be past the expiration date of the current passport.

>Is it easy to have the paper from the bank which says how much money you have ( BTW , how do you call it in english ? )

If there is a short name for the minimum balance letter, I don't know it.

Easy? Depends on the branch, in my experience. One K bank branch knew exactly what I wanted, one didn't and screwed up the first one. Next time I go I'm bringing a request written by my thai landlady just in case. HH immigration wants the bank letter done the same day as requesting the extension.

>I choose the combo solution ( money in bank and pension )

HH imm wants the embassy verified income letter done very close to the extension request. When I asked an immgration person 'how close?', she said I could do it the day before. Don't know if that was necessary, but that's what I did. HH imm requires # months seasoning on bank funds when using the combination bank balance and income letter method. I don't remember what if # is 2 or 3 but it's been discussed on this site.

Remember - all info about how immigration works is history. What they do today may be different.

I will confirm that if you are using the "combo method" (i.e. savings + income = B800k), Hua Hin Immigrations requires that the savings be in the account 60 or 90 days prior to application. If I understand your situation correctly, this is your first-ever retirement extension, so my guess is that they will only require 60 days. For subsequent (i.e. not first-ever) extensions, it will be 90 days prior.

I got blindsided by that last year (my first retirement extension in Hua Hin.)

>my passeport expires on march 2014

My understanding is that any extension, permission, expiration date, etc. can not be past the expiration date of the current passport.

HH imm wants the embassy verified income letter done very close to the extension request. When I asked an immgration person 'how close?', she said I could do it the day before. Don't know if that was necessary, but that's what I did. HH imm requires # months seasoning on bank funds when using the combination bank balance and income letter method. I don't remember what if # is 2 or 3 but it's been discussed on this site.

Remember - all info about how immigration works is history. What they do today may be different.

Fresh news , because I came this morning to HH immigration for my 90 days report

your understanding is good, my new extension will finish on november 2013 and my passport expires in 2014, so no problem; I" need to have a new passeport in october next year

for the story of letter from the embassy, if letter dates from this year ( 2012 ), it's ok

for 2 or three months before, he told me three months, but I had a multi entries visa , or may be he doesn't kow the rule of firts time extension ; may be an other story in three months