Thaksin Kicks Off U.S. Trip With Cheers And Jeers

webfact

Not sure I am reading this correctly, however, the Pantomit (Yellow supporters) have apparently blocked his entry apparently forcing a phone in.

Story. (Sorry - in Thai language)

There's now an article in English in the other English-language paper.

It speaks of 2,000 yellow shirts showing up at the eatery and that Thaksin's car circled the area before eventually cancelling.

Thaksin then phoned in to the venue and apologized for not coming and said that the yellow shirts had prevented him from entering the Thailand Plaza restaurant (Thai Cuisine On Second Floor).

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a city with the largest population of Thais in the world outside Thailand.... and in a metropolitan area numbering 13 million,

Thaksin packs them in at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Thailand Plaza restaurant (Thai Cuisine On Second Floor)...

421.jpg

Siam Town USA News

http://www.siamtownu...08000080-1.aspx

Now I understand why Amsterdam insisted that he had nothing to do with the US visa. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

The infamously famous Hollywood Boulevard... August 12, 2012

420-2.jpg

Siam Town USA News

Apart from your mildy creepy knowledge of Thaksin's intinerary, I'm not entirely sure what the point is here.I doubt whether Thaksin has much of a following in the U.S: his support is here in Thailand which is why parties associared with him keep on winning elections.Until recently you were suggesting that he would only be able to visit third world dumps.Is the fact that you have been proved comically wrong the reason for this rather sad series of posts?

Apart from your moderately creepy flaming, you display a rather alarming lack of knowledge of how to simply follow a news event with updates without requiring any creepy knowledge.

The glaring point you seem to miss is that, by all accounts, his Grand Tour of Backstreet Thai Eateries in the USA is a laughable PR disaster.

Until recently, with few exceptions, most of the places he visited were third world dumps.

He circulated around them for years in his self-exile. I was not wrong during that time. I was absolutely correct in saying so at the time.

It's patently ridiculous for you to now try and insinuate that I was wrong then because now, things are different. It was wholly valid then. To reinforce that, in case you missed it, he hasn't been to the USA for six years.

When he was no longer going to 3rd world dumps almost exclusively, I stopped saying he was going to 3rd dumps almost exclusively. Yet you still try to misrepresent my stance as "until recently"....

Show us a post of mine that says what you say that was recent. It ain't happening, because it's not true.

< Previously deleted post removed from quoted post >

I personally don't think there's nothing wrong with Bucholz's posts on Thaksin's movement throughout the world. There are some of us who are interested in his movement and trying to keep up with his PR stunts and whether or not we've fallen victim to his master plans or not we don't really know. But it's the persistent info gathering and not the 'whatever' attitude, that may one day turn up to be valuable information -especially- for this fugitive who many believe is a conniving businessman.

What might this valuable information pertain to, I'm not sure myself but it might do something with the publicity stunts. It's pretty obvious that Thaksin is performing some publicity stunts to show people around the world some message, depending on how you feel about him. Let me tell you one thing though, Thaksin has definitely affected people and businesses in the US(try mentioning the Pro-red restaurant names to an Anti-thaksinist) and can't ignore it like something didn't happen. We might be able to infer that this popularity is increasing famously or famously, but at least we're keeping tracking of it.

To conclude, there's nothing with following this man's every move. If we weren't aware of opposition in his US visit, we might be led to believe that he's welcomed by everyone in the US. For those who is relieved to know that there is this opposition, might further motivate them to keep opposing him. Of course, this could've been avoided if this stunt wasn't executed in the first place.

Edited by metisdead

Not sure I am reading this correctly, however, the Pantomit (Yellow supporters) have apparently blocked his entry apparently forcing a phone in.

It speaks of 2,000 yellow shirts showing up at the eatery and that Thaksin's car circled the area before eventually cancelling.

Thaksin then phoned in to the venue and apologized for not coming and said that the yellow shirts had prevented him from entering the Thailand Plaza restaurant (Thai Cuisine On Second Floor).

somna na

somna na

Bet he can´t wait to get home to Dubai.

I really hope it´s downhill for Thaksin from now.

Thanks for the nice images Bucholz. Keep them coming. Let's hope this anti Thaksin movement by Thais (and foreigners) abroad will take off from here. It always amazes me how little respect TS has for others. Just keeps hiding behind democracy and a bad constitution in order to whitewash his crimes and rob this country empty.

Just can't image the US being happy with this divisive criminal spreading propaganda in their country. Probably they didn't have much of a choice this time but if one day they have…

+1 wai.gif

+2. It's excellent to see that thai's all around the world are calling the convicted fugitive criminal for the scum he is. Loving the attention like this that he is getting on the world stage.

Nice that the US doesn't tell foreigners to stay out of political protests.

Long weekend. Eating, drinking, relax, watching nice movies, etc. I may have missed developments in the real world, sorry.

'political protests'? ermm.gif

Convicted criminal and fugitive from justice, Thaksin Shinawatra was forced to cancel a dinner and talk with red shirts on Sunday night in Los Angeles after 2,000 yellow-shirts blocked his entrance. 60 people had to buy tickets for dinner with him, lol. Cheap bugger

post-46292-0-12054500-1344898603_thumb.j

post-46292-0-63976500-1344898619_thumb.j

post-46292-0-84953400-1344898632_thumb.j

post-46292-0-99156900-1344898650_thumb.j

Edited by waza

Convicted criminal and fugitive from justice, Thaksin Shinawatra was forced to cancel a dinner and talk with red shirts on Sunday night in Los Angeles after 2,000 yellow-shirts blocked his entrance. 60 people had to buy tickets for dinner with him, lol. Cheap bugger

The other paper said "A makeshift stage was prepared in the car park of Thailand Plaza"

Is Thaksin turning in to a "Cheep Charlie"?