Thaksin Kicks Off U.S. Trip With Cheers And Jeers

webfact

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks really happy to be back in the USA: blink.png

That's because they spared no expense with his belated happy birthday cake.

P80-12.jpg

Notice it says PM Thaksin...!!!

yes it does,blink.png Soutpeel you have sharp eyes.thumbsup.gif

Also very good at reading documents upside down....useful skill in business...tongue.png

• Like 1

P-16.jpg

"Funny, I always thought the UN-Assembly would be bigger, than this ?"

"I'm worried about the bars on the windows !"

"When will the mutton-grab be served ?"

"A population of 300 million, but only 30 turn out to greet me, get me the hamster on-the-phone right now !"

"I'm really looking-forward to the karaoke."

"Why are 'has-beans' on the menu ?"

"Is my 'best friend' George Bush here yet ?"

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 1

Oh good I do hope that is the case and you're not being sarcastic because you're upset he did get a visa for the USA. People show it in different ways but generally it ends up coming out as some petty bitterness about the size of venues he's gone to and how tacky they are or people blaming the present government for helping him with such a visa. I actually find those kind of people amusing in a small way...............

Ah, that old chestnut of being annoyed but feigning amusement.

• Like 1

P80-12.jpg

and, it's in English... giggle.gif

The 17 year-old pimply-faced minimum wage worker doing the cake lettering over at the discount Walmart bakery in Jersey doesn't do Thai.

Edited by Buchholz

P80-12.jpg

and, it's in English... giggle.gif

Aha.... That´s why K. Thaksin is bent over the cake, he is trying to read the text.......Silly me thinking he was smelling the roses.cheesy.gif

Wonder what the gratuity each of the attendees gets from T for showing up. Could not have been much or more would have been there.

Really brings to mind the old adage the bigger they are the harder they fall. Anyone with even a degree of compassion can see how sad a sight this is. All will change though when he is back in Dubai.

Those who condemn the US for letting him in are really missing the impact through pictures that has resulted from his visit. It is not what I would call great press. One can only wonder why this itinerary was selected. The people with less than good things to say about the "visa" scandal should be thanking the US instead for the most prominent image of a fall from grace that I have seen to date.

• Like 2

I agree it's bad press for him so far. Still waiting for the flash mob in LA. Maybe they can do a "Tie" theme with a thousand people wearing ties hanging down from their pants like tails? Maybe half yellow and half red ... ties.

Edited by Jingthing

I personally think very much that it was a political act, one only has to read the wikileaks of the time regarding the military junta finding it hard to find something to pin on Thaksin. Anyway thats just my opinion but I found a interesting link a while ago and have only just now rediscovered it.

It is a very detailed look at all aspects of the case - as I say it makes interesting reading if you read it all (you need to read the blog entries on the right hand side as well particularly those entries for the month of June). Ignore the unedifying title, it's worth it.

http://slimdogsworld.blogspot.com/

And his farts smell of roses.

Well done.

Very impressive,.

Long may you worship his endearing qualities.

Really brings to mind the old adage the bigger they are the harder they fall. Anyone with even a degree of compassion can see how sad a sight this is. All will change though when he is back in Dubai.

Those who condemn the US for letting him in are really missing the impact through pictures that has resulted from his visit. It is not what I would call great press. One can only wonder why this itinerary was selected. The people with less than good things to say about the "visa" scandal should be thanking the US instead for the most prominent image of a fall from grace that I have seen to date.

All very good points.

thumbsup.gif

Also agree it's been quite some time since similar images and descriptions were seen.

snapback.pngPhilHarries, on 2006-11-09 08:50:20, said:

30018424-02.jpg

A solitary Thaksin Shinawatra aimlessly strolls the streets of London.

The Nation

Looks like he just crawled out of a cardboard box on the southbank.

Oh good I do hope that is the case and you're not being sarcastic because you're upset he did get a visa for the USA. People show it in different ways but generally it ends up coming out as some petty bitterness about the size of venues he's gone to and how tacky they are or people blaming the present government for helping him with such a visa. I actually find those kind of people amusing in a small way...............

Not nearly as amusing as those who vicariously enjoy the antics of a psychopathic crook, I reckon.

Why, do you know of one, and who would that be?

All very good points.

thumbsup.gif

Also agree it's been quite some time since similar images and descriptions were seen.

snapback.pngPhilHarries, on 2006-11-09 08:50:20, said:

30018424-02.jpg

A solitary Thaksin Shinawatra aimlessly strolls the streets of London.

The Nation

Looks like he just crawled out of a cardboard box on the southbank.

Miaow, you are surpassing yourself buchholz, haven't seen those nicuraguan street market ones for a while, want to dig those out?

• Like 2

I personally think very much that it was a political act, one only has to read the wikileaks of the time regarding the military junta finding it hard to find something to pin on Thaksin. Anyway thats just my opinion but I found a interesting link a while ago and have only just now rediscovered it.

It is a very detailed look at all aspects of the case - as I say it makes interesting reading if you read it all (you need to read the blog entries on the right hand side as well particularly those entries for the month of June). Ignore the unedifying title, it's worth it.

http://slimdogsworld.blogspot.com/

And his farts smell of roses.

Well done.

Very impressive,.

Long may you worship his endearing qualities.

Did you read it? Any arguments against the points raised? Or just the usual then, ignore then carry on.................

Edited by phiphidon

In keeping with the restaurant theme and looking like a busboy in a cheap shirt, Thaksin's lawyer cum spokesman Noppadon

q_9.jpg

assures us the USA trip is going splendidly smooth and that Thaksin has been meeting important American business people.

He relates that Houston, Texas is the next destination after New York on the whistle tour.

INN News (article in Thai)

http://www.innnews.co.th/shownews/show?newscode=397068

perhaps a trip to the ol' alma mater of nearby Sam Houston State University?

If his next stop is Texas to meet with our US pre-esteemed ex-leader G.W. then T should really fire his itinerary manager. The two of them should buy an island and live their together with a perpetual mutual admiration society. And the rest of us can mark the island as radio active and mark it to be avoided at all costs for the next 1000 years in contrast to 1000 boats up the river. Edit - Made a mistake in my spelling. Many apologies.

Edited by BuckarooBanzai

Look, regardless of where you stand on Thaksin, the facts of the matter are these: he was democratically elected, ousted in a coup, and then convicted in absentia under a government that was effectively installed by the coup-makers. Under a subsequent election, Thaksin's party was again elected into power. So even if Thaksin is fully guilty of the charges against him, his conviction will necessarily be seen as being politically motivated, at least in part. The US authorities will of course get the same story from the current Thai government, which would only serve to corroborate this perception. So it shouldn't be surprising if a visa were granted (especially as it would have been supported by the Thai authorities).

By way of comparison, China considers the Dalai Lama to be a criminal of even greater dimensions (responsible, in their eyes, for terrorism and treason). However, that does not prevent the US and other countries from allowing him to visit because they understand that these accusations are politically motivated. Of course, I am NOT saying that the Dalai Lama and Thaksin are on the 'same level' in any respect, only that the US will understandably be more flexible in granting visas to 'criminals' when the criminal charges are seen to have a political dimension. [And, yes, I expect the Thaksin-haters to ignore this and flame me nonetheless.... asbestos suit on...]

A few less casual lies please. Convicted in absentia? Or allowed to travel on bail?a government that was effectively installed by the coup-makers? Thaksin's proxy government won a free election.And comparing Thaksin to the Dalai Lama? GTFOOH.

Exactly as expected :-) I explicitly said that I was not equating the Dalai Lama with Thaksin, but you chose to overlook that and so I am compelled to overlook the rest of your post. Peace...

http://en.wikipedia....tions_and_exile

He was at the trial, he somehow missed the sentencing.

Please understand that I said that he was convicted in absentia, not that he was tried in absentia. He was not present when the court's 5-4 decision was announced and sentence passed...

Interestingly, the NY Times characterised the charges as "relatively minor" (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/22/world/asia/22thai.html?ref=asia).

Do they still have the Thai Elvis show at that dive?

That would a great photo op! Mr. Thaksin with L.A. Thai Elvis!

YES - I want a copy, hopefully posed exactly the same as the original pic of Elvis with the King. Two would-be's, both failed.

If his next stop is Texas to meet with our US pre-esteemed ex-leader G.W. then T should really fire his itinerary manager. The two of them should buy an island and live their together with a perpetual mutual admiration society. And the rest of us can mark the island as radio active and mark it to be avoided at all costs for the next 1000 years in contrast to 1000 boats up the river. Edit - Made a mistake in my spelling. Many apologies.

It comes to mind that they can hire the T-Party to take care of any Tea service they may require.

Is Thaksin in the U.S.? The only papers or news organizations reporting this are Thai. I wait to see proof he is even in the U.S.

yeah, i bet it's a conspiracy!

cheesy.gif Is this guy for real ?? Hahahaha. Some people mystify me. cheesy.gif

who me? no it wasn't for real... i can't speak for the other guy though.

Not nearly as amusing as those who vicariously enjoy the antics of a psychopathic crook, I reckon.

I know one, and you can read his postings.

In keeping with the restaurant theme and looking like a busboy in a cheap shirt, Thaksin's lawyer cum spokesman Noppadon

q_9.jpg

assures us the USA trip is going splendidly smooth and that Thaksin has been meeting important American business people.

He relates that Houston, Texas is the next destination after New York on the whistle tour.

INN News (article in Thai)

http://www.innnews.c...newscode=397068

perhaps a trip to the ol' alma mater of nearby Sam Houston State University?

where does it say he has been meeting important american business people?

btw you're performance in this thread is great buchholz, i'm enjoying it, keep it up.

What people fail to realize in all these judgmental posts about the US and visas etc. is the US is not ethically much different from Thailand. Sure, people have a much greater ease of living in the United States, but the key thing is that 99% live one life style and 1% lives like rich people with the ability to judge all others as they see fit. This phrasing was carefully crafted not to offend those who are offended easily. In the US they do not wear colored shirts but are adamant about the rights of "the people". The funny thing about Thailand is the 1% wear red, yellow, blue and any other color shirt they care to while the common folk sit there without a clear understanding of what this all means and go with one color shirt or another due to enticements. The US is giving T a fair reception just as it would those who arrived with any other color shirt with equal dominion. I have to close this as I keep thinking of the t-party which probably should be wearing some kind of colored shirt in the US but hate to think we have fallen that far. I know somebody is turning over in their grave.

I know one, and you can read his postings.

Spread the word lungmi, you're actually saying there is a psychopathic crook posting on this forum? The forum needs to know who that is you're accusing,lungmi................