Two Police Among Drug Arrests

Lite Beer

Two police among drug arrests

Narong Nuansakul

Ekkapong Praditpong

Suwannee Bunditsak

The Nation on Sunday

NARATHIWAT: -- A police major and his two wives were arrested along with one kilogram of crystal meth worth over Bt10 million, guns and ammunitions in Narathiwat's Reu Soh district, while a former award-winning crime busting border cop was caught with 24,000 Yaba tablets at a checkpoint in Chiang Dao in the far north, it was announced yesterday.

At 10am yesterday, a 30-man security team searched the Ton Khla Restaurant in Reu Soh district, which belonged to Pol Maj Prapan Intharachai, for more evidences after Prapan and his two wives Chanattanan Inkham and Malika Netdaeng were nabbed on Friday night along with "ice" and other evidence including cash totalling Bt405,619, two pistols, dozens of ammunition, and eight cell phones. Prapan was implicated by a drug dealing network in Chiang Rai.

Meanwhile Chiang Mai police announced the arrest on Friday of Police Senior Sergeant Major Wasan Wisarutwesaphu, 45, at a Chiang Dao district checkpoint along with 22,000 Yaba tablets and a pistol as he drove his pickup truck to deliver the drug to a customer in Muang district. A subsequent search at his home in Chiang Mai's San Sai district yielded another 2,000 Yaba tablets along with guns and ammunition, hence officials were freezing his assets worth Bt3 million totally for investigation.

Wasan reportedly confessed that he transported the drug from the Thai-Myanmar border in Chiang Dao district to Muang district in exchange for Bt27,500. He had done this two times before as he had financial problems, he allegedly said. Wasan had received a plaque of honour as outstanding crime buster in 2007 but he later became involved in drug trafficking leading to the arrest. Police are now looking for more accomplices.

In related news, Surat Thani police arrested Laotian woman Pissamai Thatirat, 30, along with 4,000 Yaba tablets while travelling on a transport van from Muang district to Phra Seang district yesterday. A waitress in a restaurant in Koh Pha Ngan for four years, she allegedly confessed to being hired to transport the drug.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-08-12

I am in total disbelief, is this Sattire? The BIB involved in criminal and disnonest activities. Shocking I hope these two haven't tarnished the fine reputation that the police hold dearly here. I guess two bad apples in such a large barrel is not to bad.

Well maybe this is something a little unusual. Coppers getting busted with large quantities of drugs.

Interesting

Not really A large quantity, about 2 levels up from steet level and a few levels away from the manufacturers so more middle management than chairman of the board. Either way not much of a dent into the supply of the most god awful stuff man has ever concocted.

Well maybe this is something a little unusual. Coppers getting busted with large quantities of drugs.

Interesting

Not really A large quantity, about 2 levels up from steet level and a few levels away from the manufacturers so more middle management than chairman of the board. Either way not much of a dent into the supply of the most god awful stuff man has ever concocted.

Well as maybe, but you don't often hear about this especially down south. Let's not forget they have been talking about drugs down south for ages, and bing, a bust.

Strange how a police major and his ''two wives,'' were seemingly involved in drug peddling.whistling.gif

Aha .

Wait it will be explained he was in reality an undercover cop and his ,'' two wives'' were part of his/their cover so as to be able to infiltrate the local drug dealing network..

He nor they were nor in reality bona fide drug peddler's,cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Quote:

Meanwhile Chiang Mai police announced the arrest on Friday of Police Senior Sergeant Major Wasan Wisarutwesaphu, 45, at a Chiang Dao district checkpoint along with 22,000 Yaba tablets and a pistol as he drove his pickup truck to deliver the drug to a customer in Muang district. A subsequent search at his home in Chiang Mai's San Sai district yielded another 2,000 Yaba tablets along with guns and ammunition, hence officials were freezing his assets worth Bt3 million totally for investigation.

They froze Bt3 million of his assets but he said he was in financial difficulty??

...and they have been transferred to inactive posts...

Hopefully, it will just be the two wives that get the inactive posts (if they stay faithful!)............................wink.png

As for the other POS Pol Maj Prapan Intharachai, would love to see him on the other side of the wire in whatever prison he is sent to.

Interesting

Well as maybe, but you don't often hear about this especially down south. Let's not forget they have been talking about drugs down south for ages, and bing, a bust.

Funny how this comes after allegations of corruption from MP's down there

Interesting

Funny how this comes after allegations of corruption from MP's down there

So the task force is doing there job as previously reported. Good.

Strange how a police major and his ''two wives,'' were seemingly involved in drug peddling.whistling.gif

Aha .

Wait it will be explained he was in reality an undercover cop and his ,'' two wives'' were part of his/their cover so as to be able to infiltrate the local drug dealing network..

"2 wives" Is it poly gamy allowed in LOS specially for officials??

Sent from my GT-S5830T using Thaivisa Connect App

I am in total disbelief, is this Sattire? The BIB involved in criminal and disnonest activities. Shocking I hope these two haven't tarnished the fine reputation that the police hold dearly here. I guess two bad apples in such a large barrel is not to bad.

A local cop in my district arrested 3 guys, 2 days ago with 500,000 yaba tablets. the cop, a neighbour, said he was trying to catch them for some time. he finally got them when a snitch he pays give him the lead. 2 guys were from chaingrai and the other guy was a local.

Get this............ it was his Next Door Neighbour. no BS.

When the neighbour tried to buy his way out, the cop refused. blink.png

guy is banged up in the local jail. youngest brother was banged up some months back after roadside test for drugs. now he will be away for a long time and the mothers on the run. Dads a good guy, just sells pork and keeps to himself.

Now I realise that there may be more to all this, but based on info received, we may have a good cop in our district clap2.gif I have been told he probably takes tea money but when it comes to drugs, he wont budge.

• Like 1

Shocking!!! Next thing you know, they will be shaking down bar girls.

Does anyone think that arresting a couple of bent Coppers will change anything or stop their pals from upping their criminal activities even further? In the minds of large numbers of Thai's, the only thing these people did wrong was got caught. 'Money First' is the endemic disease that will never be eradicated.

A local cop in my district arrested 3 guys, 2 days ago with 500,000 yaba tablets. the cop, a neighbour, said he was trying to catch them for some time. he finally got them when a snitch he pays give him the lead. 2 guys were from chaingrai and the other guy was a local.

guy is banged up in the local jail. youngest brother was banged up some months back after roadside test for drugs. now he will be away for a long time and the mothers on the run. Dads a good guy, just sells pork and keeps to himself.

Now I realise that there may be more to all this, but based on info received, we may have a good cop in our district clap2.gif I have been told he probably takes tea money but when it comes to drugs, he wont budge.

Good cops do exist.

A friend of the family is an example.

He was transferred a couple of years ago when he fell out with a senior officer when he refused to take part in the usual tea money crap and pass the money up the chain.

At his new station he found out two other officers were dealing drugs and his evidence got them thrown out from the police.

Shame there are not many more like him.

Aha .

That's the first thing I noticed. I have to get a document from the British Embassy to show I'm free to marry before I can marry a Thai woman. I assume that one is his wife and the other his "bit on the side" but it sounds better to refer to them as wives. I suppose it's possible that he's not actually married to either of them.

It'll be interesting to see how long they've been doing this and with help from whom and what their punishment will be.

Aha .

That's the first thing I noticed. I have to get a document from the British Embassy to show I'm free to marry before I can marry a Thai woman. I assume that one is his wife and the other his "bit on the side" but it sounds better to refer to them as wives. I suppose it's possible that he's not actually married to either of them.

It'll be interesting to see how long they've been doing this and with help from whom and what their punishment will be.

You guys have never heard of MIA NOI's or Giks.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Quote:

They froze Bt3 million of his assets but he said he was in financial difficulty??

Maybe it is a home he owns and is having a hard time making the payments on. Or to pay for a habit he has. Some times people get into habits they cannot afford and the debt collectors can be not nice.

I strongly suspect that the BIB are cleaning up their act a little bit. Yes many of them do take tea money but not all of them my Thai wife had to take in the full 400 baht for no helmet. They have a long way to go but I think we are a little bit over critical of them. I know I am.

Does anyone think that arresting a couple of bent Coppers will change anything or stop their pals from upping their criminal activities even further? In the minds of large numbers of Thai's, the only thing these people did wrong was got caught. 'Money First' is the endemic disease that will never be eradicated.

That is a rather sweeping statement do you have any country in particular you are referring to.

No matter how many people get arrested, no matter how much drugs are confiscated, as long as there is demand, there will remain supply. The only long term solution is to educate, regulate and decriminalize.

+1

So true, if i want take drugs nothing going to stop me to go out buy and take them. Drugs will be there forever , no Drug war ..

IΒ΄m more happy and feel much more secure when i buy my stuff at a pharmacy (i do ) with good Quality and pay Tax instead looking for a criminal dealer who is making money.