Brit Busted For Cocaine Dealing Outside Nightclub

Rimmer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people with not a lot else going on in their life come to Thailand, and then understandably don't want to leave.

Without savings or hope for gainful employment, it's not surprising some turn to crime.

Sadly, there are far too many of these people around.

Yes that is true.

But this feller was simply and plainly....

The dumbest Mother Fer of all time.

So what if he's paid off the BIB and is

back on the street...he'll be hurtin more

for sure now than before cause everybody,

well dam_n near everybody, will know what

he looks like.

Edited by sunshine51

What kind of punishment is he facing?

Dependent on quantity not that long as cocaine is a class 2.

If he had 9 x 1g bags and please guilty he will get about 3 years. Will have to serve 1/3rd in Thailand and because the original sentence is less than 7 years will be free as soon as he lands back in the UK.

Dunno why people are saying he wouldn't have been making a lot of money..... From the sounds he'd be making around 1-2k per gram, so depending on how much he could sell each month, he might be making quite a considerable amount. Especially if he also has regular customers in Pattaya who prefer/can only, deal with a foreign dealer.

I'd imagine that he would have been making quite a lot. With a 50-100% markup because he's selling to foreigners, he'd be doing well for himself. Particularly as he's not paying off the local mafia/police (which I assume is why he got busted).

If he'll only get a 1 year sentance which he has to actually serve, he might indeed consider it a worthy occupation (Depending on how long it was until he got caught lol)

Maybe he was saving to get the 800k required for a Retirement Visa wink.png

It's been lowered to 400K for quite some time now!

Since when?

Retirement visa is 800,000 baht in the bank for 3 months prior to renewal (2 months for the 1st one) or 65,000 baht verified income per month

Family/wife/child etc 400,000 in the bank or 40,000 verifiable per month.

Been that way for a few years now.

Police order 777/2551 Rule 2.22

2.22 In the case of a retiree: Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) The applicant is 50 years of age or over;

(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

I dont understand why farangs deal drugs here. There is no amount of money worth risking going to jail in this prison system.

Because they think there is no credible police force and the chances of being caught are slim, plus if enough cash made from this trade then there IS a way out of trouble. sad.png

British ex-pat suspected of selling class 1 drugs in Pattaya

20_08_55_1_5.jpg

PATTAYA:--Immigration Police arrested a 54 Year old Englishmanon Sunday Morning, accused of possession and sale of a class 1 drug.

Officer arrested Mr. Duncan James McGee, a well-known Pattaya ex-pat, at the conclusion of a covert operation on Pattaya Third Road opposite the now-demolished Xzyte Discotheque.

Police state that contact was made with the suspect and it was arranged to sell a quantity of Cocaine to an undercover officer posing as a drugs buyer. During questioning, Mr. McGee claimed he would purchase the drugs from a foreign agent based in the Nana Entertainment area of Bangkok for 2,000 Baht per packet and would re-sell for between 3,000 and 4,000 Baht. On this occasion he was in possession of 9 packets of a white powder which Police tested and found to be Cocaine.

Full story:http://www.pattayaon...-drugs-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-08-20

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Must confess, his mug looks very familiar to me, and I'm not talking about LOS. ermm.gif

I dont understand why farangs deal drugs here. There is no amount of money worth risking going to jail in this prison system.

Because they think there is no credible police force and the chances of being caught are slim, plus if enough cash made from this trade then there IS a way out of trouble. sad.png

Correct - Thai family member was stopped by police at a checkpoint and tested positive for YaBa. Today went to the court in Pattaya and following penalties were listed; from memory fines listed below. Testing positive and no money for fine 45 days rehab. If no money prison sentence for possession, but length of time in prison not listed. Plus of course tea money for the police to write up the appropriate report for the court to minimise sentence.

Testing positive - 20,000 baht

Possession 1 - 10 tablets - 150,000 baht

Possession 11 - 50 tablets - 350,000 baht

Possession 51 - 100 tablets - 800,000 baht

Edited by simple1

Was 800k last month. Post said retirement not marriage.

Its illegal so he deserves whats coming but as for a killer, check stats alcohol, tabacoo against cocaine as a killers. Everbody who sells a beer is potentially selling a killer drug. Anyway he maybe will get punished maybe not depends how many he dobs in from his suppliers, no doubt one of his customers dobbed him in as a trade off. Most dealer's i new always kept a tally of who what where when as a dealing tool if they got caught. I doubt farang police involved, usually plenty of willing arrested farangs willing to help out for a reduced sentance. Not all farangs end up in the BKK Hilton as many seem to assumme.

What kind of punishment is he facing?

It doesn't say what the weight of the cocaine was but, if he had enough, he could face the death penalty for intent to sell a Class 1 drug. That's if the rumour that he bought his way out for 500k isn't true. It would be odd for some one with 500k in ready cash to be standing out like a sore thumb pushing drugs outside a disco. Even the "sek CD" sellers in Panthip stash their gear somewhere out of sight of the cops.

Not being funny, but if you're gonna deal drugs, do in it your own country - You'll make more money and face a lighter sentence if you get caught.

My point exactly, unbelievable the courage! Or is it plain stupidity?

A Dutch guy sent a package with 2 grams of Cocaine to a p.o. box in Pattaya, a few days before he took the plane to Thailand. When he went to pick it up at the post office, police was waiting and he spent, no shit, a total of 7 years in a Pattaya jail before he was sent home. In the Netherlands he would have been booked for possesion but not spend a single day in jai for such an amountl!!

Not being funny, but if you're gonna deal drugs, do in it your own country - You'll make more money and face a lighter sentence if you get caught.

A Dutch guy sent a package with 2 grams of Cocaine to a p.o. box in Pattaya, a few days before he took the plane to Thailand. When he went to pick it up at the post office, police was waiting and he spent, no shit, a total of 7 years in a Pattaya jail before he was sent home. In the Netherlands he would have been booked for possesion but not spend a single day in jai for such an amountl!!

Sorry for him, but you have to obey the laws of the land.

Sorry for him, but you have to obey the laws of the land.

Not sorry for him! Anyone who wants to make a profit out of others misery deserves what they get

• Like 2

You sure?whistling.gif

I thought, 400 K, if you are married to a Thai citicen or if you have a child with a Thai citicen.

I certainly do not condone what he has done, but I do know this guy and he's actually a really nice bloke. He is no thug for sure. He has done wrong and will have to suffer the consequences of his actions but it's a fact of life that good people can do bad things, just as bad people can do good things.

It's just too easy to lump people together. I feel more disappointed than angry.

• Like 2