Swedish Man Arrested For Allegedly Killing New Zealand Tourist In Pattaya

webfact

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i have come again,this Westerners are giving our country a very bad name, they are making our Amazing Thailand looks like a death trap for the outside world,yes crimes are here but if it is only locals doing this i will feel better now that visitors are also doing it how safe are we in this Thailand?

High time we banned alcohole,just my little ideacoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Ah, yes. So it is ok with you when a couple of thai drug addicts stab a tourist in the heart, killing her for a few baht, that doesn't give Thailand a bad name, huh? That makes you feel better, as a local did it, not a "visitor?"

Only a true scumbag would make a comment like thatblink.png

Or how about the two thais who killed an Australian in Oz when he tried to help by breaking up a fight? How is that for Thailands image?

Get a grip

Edited by Kilgore Trout

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another drug related crime. But wait, none of the headlines or texts mentioned 'DRUGS.'

Alcohol and rage - as proven here - a deadly combination. Why do people who cannot handle their alcohol continue to drink heavily? Sad. RIP for the Kiwi citizen.

Amazing. Hard to believe anyone would do something like that. Just shows what an alcohol sodden brain capable of.

if the knife weilder had been coked-out or a speed freak, the headline would have screamed about DRUGS!!!! But, no. Because alcoholic drinks are the only legal recreational drug. For that allowance, we thank our alcohol industry execs, who are sleeping in the same beds as our boozing politicians. Meanwhile, our top man busting druggies, is probably curled up somewhere, cradling his daily bottle of 'ear medicine' a.k.a. Johnny Walker Black Label.

• Like 1

The accused:

cb6ba678ghibaaeake5da.jpg

Kom Chad Luek (article in Thai):

http://www.komchadlu...ml#.UDMlpph62So

The victim:

* Warning: graphic photo *

http://www.bangsaenp...nu.php?id=18761

The thing that amazes me is that he's just killed a man and doesn't even looked bothered bah.gifblink.png

R.I.P

RAZZ

Not in that picture. But the picture taken when the police just arrived is priceless. You can really see its the moment when he realize that life is never going to be the same. Its over. I dont like people feeling awful but I do hope that someone who killed another human being over a dog should feel mental pain.

Edited by BKKBobby

Actually life is not over for him. The guy was bailed on Monday!!!!! For premeditated murder. What are the chances of him still being in the country.

Money talks the swede walks!!! Amazing Thailand!!!!!

As I understand it, upon paying for bail Immigration put a stop of their computer systems, at the same time the embassy is informed so that he cannot apply for a replacement passport. But yes, it's a strange process under Thai law that someone arrested and charged for murder can get bail

As we have seen in the past once bail has been posted the accused makes for the nearest boarder, makes an illegal crossing eg. long boat across the Makong, a little bit of hanky panky and buys some false travel documents, gets home and the extremely long extradition process begins.

A blight on the Thai legal system!

Lets hope he is given the death penalty. An "eye for an eye!"

Yes, given the success of death penalties, cruel punishments (drawing & quartering, floggings etc) in wiping out crime..............hang on it didn't wipe it out at all, did it?

100% success rate on stopping re-offenders though.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Unhealthy surroundings attract unhealthy people. The solution is quite simple: If you value you life and your health, stay away form these places. If your purpose is to find a girl or have drink, there are countless other otions. All of them safer. Count the cost. The price is too high. And don't foolishly believe it cannot happen to you. It does. All the time.

Well said! thumbsup.gif

Part of the reason I live here is to avoid people like this. When you hear stuff like this, it really saddens you.

That person stabbed in the neck could have been anyone.

RIP.

This sort of thing doesn't only happen in Thailand, there are looneys in every country, despite some of the things that happen here, I still think Thailand is one of the safest countries in the world to live.

There are always folks that want defend their life choices by arguing that the level of crime, corruption and dishonesty is the same in Thailand as every other country, regardless of what the numbers say. According to intentional homicide statistics, Thailand is more dangerous than every developed country by far except the US, which is still safer than Thailand:

http://en.wikipedia....l_homicide_rate

I have travelled over most of the USA several times. come from the UK, and have lived in Thailand for 7 years. I feel much safer here than anywhere else I've ever been.

I feel safer in Thailand than in many French towns cool.png I

Thailand isnt unsafe, if you visit seedy areas of a city and hang out/befriend/pick up seedy people then it gets less safe. The risk of getting killed in a road accident is high, but that has nothing to do with criminality. And everything is relative, compared to some countries it is less safe, and compared to others its very safe, of course.

Edited by BKKBobby

• 3 months later...

"The alleged murderer of a Wellington man stabbed to death in Thailand was allowed to leave the country and is now on the run.

Robert Hollick, 43, from Upper Hutt, was stabbed with a knife three times in his neck and back during a bar fight in the coastal town of Pattaya in August.

Police arrested a 40-year-old Swede, Andreas Ringvall, and charged him with murder. His Thai girlfriend was also detained.

Now, Mr Hollick's mother Anne Hollick has learnt Ringvall has been on the run for months."

http://www.stuff.co....-now-on-the-run

Edit:

Just noticed that this has already been reported, here:

http://www.thaivisa....__hl__+ringvall

Edited by JetsetBkk