Pheu Thai M.P. Urges Thai Women: Marry A Farang For An Easier Life

webfact

Really why would any of you be offended? Have you been to the 'poor' part of Thailand? I'm guessing he is talking about people from Isaan. Do any of you know what FARMERS work for? I do. For one day of torturous HANDS ON FARMERS work. They get paid 100-150 Baht. FOR ONE DAY. Plus they typically get fed and boozed up . Don't think for a second if you were are typical Thai person you wouldn't dream of marrying someone that made more than 150 baht PER DAY to take care of you. Sometimes it doesn't feel good to hear the truth. But. You can meet someone who is GOOD. A family that has their own money and she loves you for who you are not what you have. You can keep your ASSets to yourself. If she loves you she will only want you.

'

What a breath of fresh air (from the usual windbag-pompus-type comments on here!!!!)!!!!!!!!

A red shirt would say that, hehe. SB, you can't be serious dude.

Are you saying there aren't any windbag-pompous-types here?

Not at all dude, there are plenty of them. But the MP telling his people to go and lay down with a foreigner is easier than studying, i mean c'mon, whether it's true or not, it's pretty lame-o.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do they realise that Farang may be good for an impoverished Thai lady but don't realise that Farang could be good for the country? How about Thailand marry Farang and the civilised part of the World that they represent? Stop discriminating against Farang on every occasion, truly open up for private investment, give Farang who live here opportunities and rights to contribute their knowledge and experience to advance this country and its people. This way not only the ladies will benefit but Thai men as well.

There is nothing new about the MP's comments, this matter is well known in Thailand and has been going on for decades, but perhaps the MP wants to ensure that more Thai girls follow this concept as it also benefits Thailand in general.

The province of Isaan is the leader of the "Thai-Farang Marriage League" parents and brothers want their daughters & sisters to marry a farang, and the daughters are under pressure to ensure that the farang husband supports also her family

The benefits are obvious, she does not need to work, she will ask him to buy a motorbike, and then a car, and eventually a house and she alone becomes the legal house owner, his monthly state pension will be enough for a reasonable life, when he passes away she will get the state widow pension, her life in Thailand will continue to be very good, she owns a house, has a car, and gets the foreign state widow pension until her end of life, when her belongings will be passed on to her family.

However, should she have to live in her husbands home country, then matters will not be as beneficial for her as they are in Thailand, thusThai girls that marry farangs would and should really stay in Thailand.

Unfortunately, due to the current financial crisis, western currencies have plunged, as a result farang's life in Thailand is not what it uses to be, but the Thai farang wife's still have a good life.

its a good thing this speech came public. Now its in the open, what Phue Thai thinks about foreigners and their own voters. They regard their own female voters as prostitutes who should open their legs for the benefit of the country. And they urge the fathers to become Pimps.

In fact this MP and the party he represants are just members of a Mob who are not only bring their voters to misery by all kind of scams where they are more in debt than ever. But now even urge the women to become prostitutes. I think they have Mugabe as their role model.

I just wonder howmany of this kind of speeches are giving by red shirts leaders.

Just to show that they have no shame is the quote where he said that Khun Thaksin was cheating Taxes, but he did this for the benefit of the people in Isaan. And all the water-buffalo's in de audience applauded when he said that. Because this is what they are.

Edited by henryalleman
  • Like 1

I would take it as a light-hearted joke...But..

A former PM in Italy made a similar joke, telling a young female student to marry a millionaire.

Of course there are not enough millionaires for all the poor girls, and not enough foreigners for the Thai girls too.

Well, somebody should tell him that politicians are paid high wages to work their brains for the benefit of the people, when we need funny jokes we can have a drink with our friends.dry.png

• Like 1

DaanNaam said:

Not at all dude, there are plenty of them. But the MP telling his people to go and lay down with a foreigner is easier than studying, i mean c'mon, whether it's true or not, it's pretty lame-o.

Yeah, okay, I'll give you that - agreed.

"They" (The ever faithful Thai girl), What a hoot!!!, From the first day they watch the TV in their little hooch and see a farang on the box , usually in Nakhon Nowhere (Isaan), the master plan is set in motion, cohorting with mum, find a farang, but study first. 3 main subjects: 1/Learn to lie, 2/Learn to steal and 3/ Learn to cheat, oh sorry and also learn how to play at being in love.

Get the ever loving farang to buy Tii Din, Tii Nah, House, Pickup for the Lung, gold for mum, motorcycle for thai boyfriend and then kick him out on the street like a dog and invite the thai boyfriend to take your place.

Life as a farang in Thailand, Wunderbaa!!! Keep going back to work, pick that money of the money tree and return, hey presto DITTO!!!!!

• Like 1

What a dick. he should be telling them to get of their lazy <deleted> and get a job or two like the rest of the world.

Interesting that in the email from ThaiVisa, on the line above the link for this thread, there was this:

Meet beautiful Thai women seeking foreign men for dating, friendship, love and marriage:

http://dating.thaivisa.com

So I guess TV and the MP are working hand-in-hand to promote this view.

its a good thing this speech came public. Now its in the open, what Phue Thai thinks about foreigners and their own voters. They regard their own female voters as prostitutes who should open their legs for the benefit of the country. And they urge the fathers to become Pimps.

In fact this MP and the party he represants are just members of a Mob who are not only bring their voters to misery by all kind of scams where they are more in debt than ever. But now even urge the women to become prostitutes. I think they have Mugabe as their role model.

I just wonder howmany of this kind of speeches are giving by red shirts leaders.

Just to show that they have no shame is the quote where he said that Khun Thaksin was cheating Taxes, but he did this for the benefit of the people in Isaan. And all the water-buffalo's in de audience applauded when he said that. Because this is what they are.

No doubt PM Yingluck will be over him like a ton of bricks. Why!, what with her gracing "Women Rights/Development/Whatnot" seminars here and there with her insightful views on how women can achieve great things in life by becoming a puppet for a criminal to hide behind and carry his agenda, she has proven how much she cares about gender equality and dignity.

The Sir Richard Francis Burton School of Pillow Talk is time-honored and battle-tested means of learning any language through deep imersion, as evidenced by Sir Richard's seminal A Thousand and One Nights, The Perfumed Garden, and the Kama Sutra. This MP is unusually honest for a politician, but all he is doing is voicing a few inconvenient truths which are well known elsewhere in the world, and practised in the West ( an episode of Sex in the City might be enlightening) as well as elsewhere.

Clearly some in Thailand find these truths hard to swallow, but killing the messenger is counter-productive. How about , for example, discussing the antiquated Thai education system, which looks pretty feeble when compared with Asian neighbors

In Japan, China, South Korea, Singapore and e en Malaysia?

More from the article:

Even more controversially, he then implied that the best way to study a foreign language was by sleeping with a foreigner.

“Sitting studying is too slow. Lie down to study"

Yay for Red Shirt and Pheu Thai Party mentality.

Pheu Thai Party MP and Indicted Red Shirt Leader Out On Bail and Thaksin Confidant Sunai

sunai10.png

31.jpg

From the original article: http://www.coconutsb...an-easier-life/

"Sunai later told reporters that he had never meant to insult Thai women. He just wanted to show Thais how far behind their welfare state was when compared with European countries.

He said he had been saying such things for some time and it was because he wanted Thailand to have a welfare system that was the equal of those in other countries, where education and maternity services are free."

It strikes me that this is classic satire in the style of Jonathan Swift's 'Modest Proposal'

A Modest Proposal for Preventing the Children of Poor People From Being a Burden on Their Parents or Country, and for Making Them Beneficial to the Publick

http://en.wikipedia....Modest_Proposal

Much of its shock value derives from the fact that the first portion of the essay describes the plight of starving beggars in Ireland, so that the reader is unprepared for the surprise of Swift's solution when he states, "A young healthy child well nursed, is, at a year old, a most delicious nourishing and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee, or a ragoust."[1]

Readers unacquainted with its reputation as a satirical work often do not immediately realize that Swift was not seriously proposing cannibalism and infanticide, nor would readers unfamiliar with the satires of Horace and Juvenalrecognize that Swift's essay follows the rules and structure of Latin satires.

Edited by zazzalicious
  • Like 1

He should tell the Thai farmers to plant money trees like we have in Europe, or tell them to do as we do in our own countries work for 15 to 65 = 40 years paying tax on everything you buy an do = about 70% of your income. Not like Thai Govenment workers "work" 20 years and retire on 50% of their income and have all the black money cleaned all of their "working" lifes, yes there good and bad the same as europe but we frown on corruption not applaud it! It really pi***s me off when a Thai says you are very lucky to have money.

• Like 1

What a dick. he should be telling them to get of their lazy <deleted> and get a job or two like the rest of the world.

You are a dick He is telling the truth you think it is love.

We need more honest Thais like him.

How could you that known that is the reason they marry Farangs.

Remember he is Thai

Where did I say it was "love"? I've lived here 15 years and have a large family. He's a dick. How long have you been here? Married?

If there's one thing I hate. it's referring to people as dicks, or any other name to do with a persons private parts. Would you call him a dick to his face? I think not.

I would jump at the chance. He's called it as it is, so have I. Just look on the vote box, I'm not alone in my thoughts. Your hate, not mine, you own it.

Makes me cringe when people refer to the health systems, education, welfare etc in European countries being "free" its because most people work hard and pay there high taxes !

Most Thai's believe that everything is free in either Europe or the US.

I had a monk here in Arizona ask me to help him get a social security card so he could get free social security benefits.

Even Thai's who move here to the US can't understand why they can't get their free stuff. It's incredible. blink.png

His comments are about 20 years out-of-date. This isn't 1992 anymore. This politician is so out of touch, it isn't funny. When I first came here 12 years ago, it was true to say that 99% of expats I met and knew had girlfriends or wives from a poor Isaan background. The girls were mostly ok, however things have changed. Most expats I know these days are dating girls from Bangkok. There's nothing wrong with Isaan girls, but the demographic has definately changed recently.

DaanNaam said:

Yeah, okay, I'll give you that - agreed.

hehe. Thought you might, I mean c'mon.

Wow. He is just reinforcing the stereotype that every falang man (or woman I guess...) has money and that the grass is greener on the other side (which isn't always the case). Why is he even bothering to live in Thailand if he has so many bad things to say about it? Why not encourage Thai women and men to work harder and work on developing the country so Thai woman don't have to marry falang men?

He should tell the Thai farmers to plant money trees like we have in Europe, or tell them to do as we do in our own countries work for 15 to 65 = 40 years paying tax on everything you buy an do = about 70% of your income. Not like Thai Govenment workers "work" 20 years and retire on 50% of their income and have all the black money cleaned all of their "working" lifes, yes there good and bad the same as europe but we frown on corruption not applaud it! It really pi***s me off when a Thai says you are very lucky to have money.

But at least it would seem in Europe, they wouldn't need to know basic math wink.png

per #58 reply:

ratcatcher is 'a fortunate son~inlaw'

upside is this, women trading has been around since when.. Thailand is such an open society and women have been granted many more discretional freedoms than other cultures/places in my opinion. As a Peace Corps volunteer in the mid 80's there, I can remember the WID (Women in Development) initiatives of then Director Loret Miller Ruppe. Since then, I wonder if anything has really changed or same old.. Anyway, Thailand seems to be the fountainhead of these issues crossing gender and borders.

downside, should a Thai marry a farang, the divorce rate hovers around 80%. a dowry for a woman is usually in order acc to 'tradition'. not sure about the % of Thai ladies who marry a 'farang' (=French- person) and the approaching tidal wave of PRC single men. just fyi, some of the subserviant perceptions of a Thai woman is just smoke & mirrors. of course, these are all generalizations PIC perhaps.

Upon personal observatins the past 25+ years, dot not underestimate the ability and determination of Thai women. Despite some language barrier or varied background they can accomplish almost anything.

another fyi http://isaanrecord.com/2012/08/29/the-isaan-record-welcomes-new-editor/

Sunai went on: “Get a German husband. Get a Swedish husband. Get a Norwegian expert husband. People used to love [Thailand] unreservedly. But the more they loved the country, the poorer they got. The more they loved the country, the stupider they got.”

The more they live like Thais, the more stupider they get. Stupid in a way that they don't spent a fortune for some buffaloes, a nice house for them and cars, motorbikes, gold and pocket money for all relatives.

What about Americans and Brits? Do they really know about America's sinking economy? Why didn't he even mention guys from the British islands? wai.gif

Thai women either can't get jobs, or the jobs they do have are so low-paying with 12 hour shifts, sometimes 7 days a week, it is almost literal slavery. Of course a Farang who takes care of her so all she has to do is cook, clean, and make babies or have sex for him is a much preferable form of slavery, which they even enjoy so much more. Also, so many Thai women have told me that the money they get they also give to their poor families (i.e. older women who are not "marketable" as girlfriends, prostitutes or wives for Farang, or fathers, children, etc...) The "rest of the world" like the world you come from in the West has something called Labor Unions and decent pay and control over working hours, and all those benefits that people fought for and some died for to obtain, which you take for granted. Please do a little research into the situation before making assumptions about the "laziness" of Thai people.

Although I clicked the "like" for your comments, I will say there seems to be a reasonable degree of laziness in society. Even when Thai's are asked to mention Thai traits, they often cite shyness and laziness. Enthusiasm, motivation, curiosity(intellectual or otherwise) are not rampantly present. We all know about the education system, cheating and corruption at all levels of society. You may argue that they do not have effective trade unions, meaningful education or government social programs, however they created it and they perpetuate it. Those poor uneducated s continue to vote for their leaders.

Some of my own observations that hint at laziness. MRT/BTS stairs. How many locals even use them to walk down(low energy)?

Airport link / Airport lifts routinely used by passengers and employees without luggage displacing those with luggage.

If laziness is related to unreliability / low motivation / poor organization then the "docked pay penalties" for bar girls / dancers seems understandable. The need to disproportionately fine girls that don't show up or show up tardy to work as a method to motivate them to accomplish these difficult tasks that people in Malaysia, Japan, Singapore seem to achieve with less stimulation.

An assumption that "educated women" are more interesting/exciting is often disappointingly untrue as but a small % even have hobbies, interests outside of work and sleep, games, cartoons, TV soaps.

• Like 1