Zoomer-X

SumetCycle

^

Are we a little bit sensitive today? This is the thread for the new Zoomer-X. Why such stupid horror accident pictures here?

If you fear that you kill yourself on the Zommer-X than better take a taxi to get your grosseries wink.png

<deleted> are "grosseries"?! crazy.gif

Something to feed trolls like you laugh.png

Figures a guy driven by cheese wouldn't know how to use a spell check coffee1.gif

Loads of genuine Honda accessories for the Zoomer-X. Here are some pics from the brochure.

Cool, I like the look of that yellow jet fighter style helmet in the first pic, I wonder what kind of safety standards that has...

I think it is made by Rider. Pretty good quality, but it probably only has the TIS cert.

Edited by SumetCycle

Brian, those underseat storage stay accesories; are they steel or bungie cord material? I realise there appears to be a bungie cord material net, but what of those pieces which seem to be intended for the sides?

Yes, the are intended to seal up the storage area and they are made of metal.

and teh bike has enough storage to accept my full face shoei by the way.

with the metal closures, it has enough dry and secure under seat space.

good scooter really.

Secure yes, dry no, your kidding yourself. honda'S marketing Manager stopped by to show me the bike and they have no dry enclosure for the bike. under my seat I keep copies of my papers, a tube or two, bungee cords, map, and when I am unlucky and get caught in monsoonal rains I put my phone under there.

Saw a yellow one on the road yesterday - it looks really good in person! Love the mass of accessories, Honda clearly got inspired by the KSR scene there. Nothing wrong with options!

They've even got laptop bags for it.

That said the underseat storage clearly needs to be water proofed, seems like a design oversight in a tropical country. What if it rains?

Edited by nikster

Judging by their appearance, the yellow and black grab bags might be dry packs as well and they will fit snugly on that space under the seat. I saw a yellow one being used by the service center guys as a runabout while I was at Niyom Panich to have brake pads replaced. It didn't have any problems with two people on it. Interestingly enough it was parked beside a carbed CBR150R and it was almost the same size from 2-3 meters away.

For sure, i would buy one if it was 135cc.... my Mrs has a Fiano or something, not what cc it is but is dead as duck compared to my Nuovo which is fine for buzzing about....

What is that other odd looking Yamaha, anyone know what cc that is, i might buy one if it is 135cc

The Yamaha TTX (warning the link has some quite 'interesting' people in it)? It's 113.69 cc.

1333030427.JPG

Not a winner for me! Even worse than the Honda.

You said interesting people.....all I saw was some retards from a 60's sci-fi movie. Definitely low budget. whistling.gif

I have an original Zoomer (50cc), they really could have made this a much nicer looking bike. Stands too high, lost the nice seat frame and light set up, little box upfront for battery and electrics. Just not pretty, fugly. China and Korea do better "not copies". The cult following in America, Europe and Japan are not going to buy into this design. The old one was a fresh interpretation of an old school Lamby. This is not as nice as a KRS. BTW, my Japanese Zoomer can carry 6 bags of groceries and my GF and still go 55 KPH plus it turns heads. This has to be a Thai design, that is <deleted> ugly! Honda makes a load of crappy bikes for Asia and doesn't seem to know the concept they had in 05 which was 125cc is much better and would sell a hella lot more.

Compare to this from 2005 NProject, Honda losing it's scooter design touch, IMO

http://scooterbbs.net/board/DCForumID11/3845.html

There was a black version too which I can't find a pict of.

also search the

I was able to inspect one up close at our local Big C, where it posed with other Honda models. They were asking a top baht there, 200 more than a 125cc Click-i with alloys! I cannot agree that it is big or even so large as an Elegance or Hayate (and certainly not so powerful). While I've only owned 4 scooters while here (and rented 3 other models - not to mention little motorcycles), I opine that this bike is overpriced for what it does by 10,000 baht, or perhaps 5K given creeping prices. It might make a fine ride for a wealthy dad to give his kid.

But I have not even ridden it so....

and teh bike has enough storage to accept my full face shoei by the way.

with the metal closures, it has enough dry and secure under seat space.

good scooter really.

Secure yes, dry no, your kidding yourself. honda'S marketing Manager stopped by to show me the bike and they have no dry enclosure for the bike. under my seat I keep copies of my papers, a tube or two, bungee cords, map, and when I am unlucky and get caught in monsoonal rains I put my phone under there.

you are fooling yourself man, i have seen it in the zoomer x brochure printed by Honda so please check things first.

And do not forget, it is better to be a king for a day - with some research - that being a fool for a life time.

Sorry, like this.

post-129800-0-93806700-1348744723.jpg

I really want to know how this rear suspension construction will work. Curious as hell, please tell us after making the mods and show detailed pictures.

Or did they "forget" to put the rear shocks back in place for taking the picture?

Edited by wantan

Sorry, like this.

post-129800-0-93806700-1348744723.jpg

I really want to know how this rear suspension construction will work. Curious as hell, please tell us after making the mods and show detailed pictures.

Or did they "forget" to put the rear shocks back in place for taking the picture?

As far as I can see it's F1 like the rods from the swing arm go forward and attach to the front of the shock that is mounted under the seat. A bit kitsch for me.

Rode on the motocy guys one yesterday it seems OK. I'd probably buy one over the usual Click fare, if I was in the market for one!