Modifying A Motorcyle Into A Vehicle With A Windshield

TeacherTurbo

My friend is working on an upgraded 250 cc motorcyle and adding a cabin and extra wheels to the bike he welded a bar from the frame base over the top and is going to put a tarp up over it and a clear plastic windshield. Now he wants to figure out how to make wipers! lol, when it rained he had to take the clear screen down and still got soaked. My friend is getting a bit old and is starting to act like Clint Eastwood with this invention, he even talks to it as Eastwood did with an empty chair at the Republican convention.

Great to be retired in Thailand, any ideas for my buddy?

Despite the fact your old chum being elderly and not in possession of all his facilties, with the aid of a magnifying glass he should be able to see the wiper motor in the pix. Think Series 1 or 2 Land Rover and your on the right track.

post-63954-0-23841900-1347114720_thumb.j

re

any ideas for my buddy?

here ya go ... complete with a wiper : )

dave2

Thank you, I'm thinking about doing this also myself although i;m going for the upgrade so I can carry extra belongings with an extra 2 wheels behind me like a wheelbarrow motorcycle. I can wear a raincoat. With gas prices skyrocketing and global warming who needs to pay extra import tax on a fullsized truck or car, why waste so much money for selfish protection?

I think its great your friend is trying to make something. Maybe he can use the coating Rain-X to dissipate water instead of wiping it off.

If you haven't use Rain-X before it makes the water bead and runoff straight away. When I use it on my car I can pretty much drive without the wipers running. Just have to reapply as it wears off but on a motorcycle screen that should be pretty quick and easy.