Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Z1000 or Fireblade not good enough?

No they are good enough & is actually what I owned in the States ( Blade )

Which by the way I did not like as much as my 600RR there.

( That is a whole other subject though )

But where as I may have been born at night I was not born last night wink.png

Just cannot bring myself to shell out $26,000 USD in a land where my earning potential is a fraction

of back home & where the same bike back home (only better as not restricted in anyway)

sells for about half that new.

But as I said I accept that here is here & there is there.

Don't mind me if I whine about it a little laugh.png

Which is why I put some focus on the 500cc & smaller bikes.

As there was much potential there to cure the price/performance imbalance

Because as I said history of all the big 4 bike manufacturers had some fine bikes in those ranges

in years gone by.

I agree 100%. I never bought into the whole "be grateful for what we can get" or "it's too much bike for Thailand" philosophy that seems to get regurgitated here on TV. A 600 cc inline 4 is a fantastic bike for Thailand and it's a real shame that they're so expensive to buy brand new here. There are some bargains out there though, I went for a used (registered Canadian import) gsxr600 almost 3 years ago and never regretted it for a second. Saw some decent plated CBR600RR's lately as well, if I didn't have the Suzuki I would have bought one of them.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can definitely say about 500s performance. 2 Weeks ago I spoke to some chap in a coffee shop who also has 500r and nobody (apart from those who never rode more than 500cc) said that bikes performance (power) is great. Its a nice all rounder, but from 500cc I was expecting a bit more power. I drove CBR 600RR for 2 months and even CB SuperFour 1999 for 3 months both of bikes a miles ahead of 500 that I got now. Yes price is higher but not for SuperFour I really wanted to buy one from my wifes uncle but he just doesn't want to sell it. On 600CC I could do a wheelie or lift off front wheel by just accelerator alone. On 500 doesnt work this way no matter how much power you apply. The only way I managed to get front wheel off the ground is by releasing clutch and apply power really fast but that is dangerous.

^

you can't expect it to have anywhere near the power of an inline 4 600cc even though it's only 100cc less , you are talking 48 bhp compared to about 120 bhp on the 4 cylinder 600

The difference between the 2013 CBR500R and CBR600RR is actual 128cc (the CBR500R is "only" a 471cc).

The bike is an all-rounder and a workhorse. If you want a prancing pony you need to pay more.

As for me I love the concept of a torquey midsize bike that is also economical. I don't really need to do wheelies, not since my buddy lost a leg doing that trick on his week old CBR 1000.

The final clause of your post is quite scary.

The bike is an all-rounder and a workhorse. If you want a prancing pony you need to pay more.

As for me I love the concept of a torquey midsize bike that is also economical. I don't really need to do wheelies, not since my buddy lost a leg doing that trick on his week old CBR 1000.

The final clause of your post is quite scary.

People trying to pull wheelies when they don't really know how is scary, but it's nothing to do with the bike. A scooter rider might say a guy on a 500cc bike is crazy. A person in a Nissan Micra might consider a scooter dangerous. The SUV/pickup brigade might feel unsafe in a Brio/Micra etc. How far do you take it?

I'd prefer to be on my supersport when a pickup pulls out in front of me rather than on my Nouvo. Of course, the type of people who can't resist opening up a fast bike in heavy traffic or pulling wheelies shouldn't ride one, that's a rider issue not a bike issue. People who lack skills or discipline/self control are dangerous on any bike in my opinion.

The good thing about the cbr500 in terms of safety is the ABS. The (relative) lack of speed is neither here nor there.

• Like 1

I've seen Thai guys pulling wheelies on the new Ninja 250 and I'm sure some of them could probably do it on the CBR500. It's all about technique. (not that I have any)

No technique is needed if you have the right bike.
True, but if you have the technique then you can do it on any bike. (well, you know what I mean wink.png )

Taninthai...I have my Note2 set for desktop view of the forum and the video isn't there for me either.

As a side note I saw a Thai teen pull a wheelie from a stoplight...in a Wave. Had it pretty much vertical. I could only wonder if the bike could go over 80 km/h.

Seeing as they are going to use this new 500 in a one model class racing series I'm fairly sure quite a few tuners will get on board and you'll be able to buy all sorts of tuning parts instead of just bling thumbsup.gif

When I first heard that I thought the same thing

Will be interesting to see what develops.

But I also just realized they are probably limited to the homologated bike

with only small changes allowed. After all that is the purpose of a one bike type race.

But, having read many riders/racers comments on the change it has understandably not been favorable.

After all they are replacing a 79hp 140 kg stock bike with the 47hp 195kg bike

Of course the Honda will lose weight I'm sure when they loose their lights,exhaust & instrumentation etc.

but the chassis & suspension needs, I believe, to be what is on the homologated bike,

in this case the Honda cbr500. They will be stuck with that frame & front suspension. Although I believe they are allowed

to change out the rear shock & Ohlins has been chosen

But actually what all is allowed to be changed in this series?

I do not really know as the 2013 regs are not out, but it may I believe be very limited to what the stock homologated bike is.

That is how they treated the 250 class with the Aprilia's

Edited by mania

I do not understand the complaints here on cbr500 especially people do not even rode one. Too much empty talk man.

Everybody has a brain to buy an inline 4 600 but it is unnecessary for many.

It is a great bike with a great value as you can see from the demand.

I do not care what racing series use and what racers say.

I care on what i am experience now and i am having good fun with it.

Besides, you can do a wheelie with any bike with some technique. And since when a wheelie is a creteria on buying a bike?

Edited by loserlazer

I do not understand the complaints here on cbr500 especially people do not even rode one.

Not complaining about the CB500 at all LL...just saying this is going to be a popular bike and that there are bound to be tuning goodies for it if you want to play with it

I agree 100% LL & sorry if I am one of the folks you are talking about.

The things I mentioned were mentioned as a side bar not as a slight against the new 500.

I think all the other side talks were in the same vein/direction.

Not meant as a slight against any existing bike. Just a mention of the lack

of reasonably priced bikes of a certain type that many riders would also like to have.

Back in this post...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/583461-cbr-500cc-leaked-pic/page-66#entry6157500

I said in regards to the video ...."More utilitarian than anything else. Built as they say to satisfy

the beginners market basically Economically & marketing wise I guess it is to be expected."

And I really do understand that thinking from the corporate standpoint. But still it leaves a big

hole in the passion side of the sport at least here in Thailand & I know that is down to taxation etc.

Later Canuckamuck said in this post

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/583461-cbr-500cc-leaked-pic/page-67#entry6158415

"The bike is an all-rounder and a workhorse" which is basically exactly what I meant.

But many of us do not want a bike for utility or work we buy for the same reason we have bought for decades.

It is that spot that is empty here.

Again not taking away from the new bike in any way & very glad to agree with you that what makes you

happy is a successful bike for you. I am very glad you have found one.

Edited by mania

I agree 100% LL & sorry if I am one of the folks you are talking about.

The things I mentioned were mentioned as a side bar not as a slight against the new 500.

I think all the other side talks were in the same vein/direction.

Not meant as a slight against any existing bike. Just a mention of the lack

of reasonably priced bikes of a certain type that many riders would also like to have.

Back in this post...http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/583461-cbr-500cc-leaked-pic/page-66#entry6157500

I said in regards to the video ...."More utilitarian than anything else. Built as they say to satisfy

the beginners market basically Economically & marketing wise I guess it is to be expected."

And I really do understand that thinking from the corporate standpoint. But still it leaves a big

hole in the passion side of the sport at least here in Thailand & I know that is down to taxation etc.

Later Canuckamuck said in this posthttp://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/583461-cbr-500cc-leaked-pic/page-67#entry6158415"The bike is an all-rounder and a workhorse" which is basically exactly what I meant.

But many of us do not want a bike for utility or work we buy for the same reason we have bought for decades.

It is that spot that is empty here.

Again not taking away from the new bike in any way & very glad to agree with you that what makes you

happy is a successful bike for you. I am very glad you have found one.

Mania, my words are not for you.

Yes, i agree with everyone here. Cbr500 is not the most exciting bike in this world but what else we expect from a 6000 usd bike? For that price point you get a lot of excitement still. I would like to ask which bike in this world provide this much excitement, displacement and quality for this price? If you guys ride it for a while, you can understand what i am saying here.

I want an inline four too but circumstances in thailand does not meet with an inline four for me yet.

I am also waiting a maker to manufacture an inline four. Be it kawa or honda or yamaha and waiting for it on a 500 cc honda is the best option for now.

500 cc is a great transition bike to wait for it, the real excitement.:lol:

Edited by loserlazer

And, you need to pay more than double for an inline four at the end. No need to compare these bikes. It is meaningless.

Asking honda like why not an inline four in thailand is meaningless too bc they do not make more revenue than a common bike.

Edited by loserlazer

So I went to pick up my bike (CB500F) this morning smile.png

Was out of there after two hours, don't really understand why it had to take so long as I was paying cash.

After I rode off I started hearing all these noises, the noise of my heart beating, the adrenaline rush and my sub-conscience saying "you made the right choice".

This bike is great to ride, the handling is super smooth and the acceleration just right for city traffic.

You won't hear me complain, I am a happy rider. cowboy.gif

Congratulations !

Few days in life are as good as one on a new Bike eh?

Hope you have many enjoyable rides & post your impressions & of course pics!

So I went to pick up my bike (CB500F) this morning

Was out of there after two hours, don't really understand why it had to take so long as I was paying cash.

After I rode off I started hearing all these noises, the noise of my heart beating, the adrenaline rush and my sub-conscience saying "you made the right choice".

This bike is great to ride, the handling is super smooth and the acceleration just right for city traffic.

You won't hear me complain, I am a happy rider.

Congrats bramds.

Happy rides!

Throw us your feelings about it detailed once you ride some more.

Cb500f looks cool for me now. I am sure it is better and most comfy in city in all three 500 series. Wanna ride one:lol:

^

you can't expect it to have anywhere near the power of an inline 4 600cc even though it's only 100cc less , you are talking 48 bhp compared to about 120 bhp on the 4 cylinder 600

The difference between the 2013 CBR500R and CBR600RR is actual 128cc (the CBR500R is "only" a 471cc).

isn't the 600cc only 599 cc though so we can make that 127cc if you want to split hairs.

471 + 128 = 599 :-)

• Like 1

hi, is this motorbike for sale already, and what is the price, I am interested in 500 r in black version?

is it much better than Ninja 250 2013?

Performance-wise it's exactly between the N250 and ER-6 bikes. Will tour two up much better. The N250 is a great bike. Kawasaki has been refining it for nearly 30 years. But it's still only a 250. AFAIK no board member has had any major issues with their bikes. The reliability of the new Honda 500 has not been established as of yet.

hi, is this motorbike for sale already, and what is the price, I am interested in 500 r in black version?

I don't think you should compare the N250 to the CBR500. The 500 should be compared to the N650.

Go to BigWing. Test ride it and then decide if its what's you want CBR500 cost 210,000.

I don't think you should compare the N250 to the CBR500. The 500 should be compared to the N650.

Go to BigWing. Test ride it and then decide if its what's you want CBR500 cost 210,000.

I would love to test some bokes, where is this bigwing located?

Also I would like to test ninja 250 before I buy it.

210000 is not that more expensive then 250 ninja.