Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Okay after having spent a week riding CB Superfour, Iam leaning more and more towards trading in my CBR500 for one of those second hand or something around that price category that has a bit more power. The torque I get from that CBS400 is amazing not to mention the sound

good luck for you superior on changing the bike, i hope you do not regret your decision on trading a 20 years old bike

CB400's that cost around 200k baht are not 20 years old.

One would of course be also trading an unproven and totally new Made in Thailand p-twin, verses a bullet proof tried and tested Made in Japan 4 pot, that (I am guessing here) would be 5 years old or under? (200k baht)

as i stated, i wish good luck for him on this as people can change their bikes to what they like to rife and i respect that.

But, finding a good one that is not cooked, abused and crashed with a proper not dodgy plate, besides finding a proper mechanic to fix it, time and money needs to be spent, old tech etc etc...and if not 20 years old then 15?

So, lets get a BMW from world war II as i am sure they are also bullet proof and reliable biggrin.png

Edited by loserlazer

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay after having spent a week riding CB Superfour, Iam leaning more and more towards trading in my CBR500 for one of those second hand or something around that price category that has a bit more power. The torque I get from that CBS400 is amazing not to mention the sound

good luck for you superior on changing the bike, i hope you do not regret your decision on trading a 20 years old bike

One would of course be also trading an unproven and totally new Made in Thailand p-twin, verses a bullet proof tried and tested Made in Japan 4 pot, that (I am guessing here) would be 5 years old or under? (200k baht)

But the question is .... Where would you buy this 2008, fuel injected,ABS Cb400sf from..with a genuine green book. Especially for as low as 200k???????

a 2006,CARBED . no ABS is going for 135k... NO green book.

Edited by thaicbr

But, finding a good one that is not cooked, abused and crashed with a proper not dodgy plate, besides finding a proper mechanic to fix it, time and money needs to be spent, old tech etc etc...and if not 20 years old then 15?

Er, no.

It would likely be around 5 years old, and an absolutely tried and tested Japanese manufactured inline 4.

There are big CB400 scenes in Thailand so no shortage of places and knowledgeable people if one decides to look.

Compared to the (apparently) cheaply made, poorly serviced, not-so-exciting, unproven made in Thailand twin that he has now (all according to him) it seems like a decent enough swap. No need to tell him that he's going to be stuck with a 20 year old cooked bike when that clearly isn't the case.

Nice long post Commande,

The question is though, what has AP Thai Honda done to the CBR250 sold here that makes E20 perfectly okay for it, when models sold in every other market are warned not to use anything over 10%.

Are they really fitting models sold here with different tanks and fuel systems?

The answer is yes they did make some changes for the Thai market bike, they designed the fuel system to handle E20 fuel which will be different seals, different fuel pump, different rubber hoses, lined fuel tank or maybe even a different metal type, etc.

Interesting thanks.

Do you actually know this for fact or are just guessing? :)

as i stated, i wish good luck for him on this as people can change their bikes to what they like to rife and i respect that.

So, lets get a BMW from world war II as i am sure they are also bullet proof and reliable biggrin.png

Why do that when you can get a brand new Russian made version?

Er, no.

It would likely be around 5 years old, and an absolutely tried and tested Japanese manufactured inline 4.

There are big CB400 scenes in Thailand so no shortage of places and knowledgeable people if one decides to look.

Compared to the (apparently) cheaply made, poorly serviced, not-so-exciting, unproven made in Thailand twin that he has now (all according to him) it seems like a decent enough swap. No need to tell him that he's going to be stuck with a 20 year old cooked bike when that clearly isn't the case.

I couldn't find any plated 5 year old CB400 on mocyc.com for the prices being tossed around...provide a link?

Er, no.

I couldn't find any plated 5 year old CB400 on mocyc.com for the prices being tossed around...provide a link?

Sorry, I'm not a sales agent. The key word would also be 'around 5 years old.' smile.png

If interested check out some of the Thai CB400 club sites. I remember browsing around 6 months ago and there were a few fully plated models, 8 years old iirc, under 20k on the clock for around 200k. Looked mighty nice too. If someone is looking for a properly made Jap manufactured inline 4 for around 200k baht then they're a good option imo.

Edited by Almera

Nice long post Commande,

The question is though, what has AP Thai Honda done to the CBR250 sold here that makes E20 perfectly okay for it, when models sold in every other market are warned not to use anything over 10%.

Are they really fitting models sold here with different tanks and fuel systems?

The answer is yes they did make some changes for the Thai market bike, they designed the fuel system to handle E20 fuel which will be different seals, different fuel pump, different rubber hoses, lined fuel tank or maybe even a different metal type, etc.

Interesting thanks.

Do you actually know this for fact or are just guessing? smile.png

Fact no because I don't have the parts catalogs, but I am 99% certain yes there are different parts in the Thai variant of the bike. The reason why is because fuel system parts for vehicles that are certified to use E20 and above fuels cost more so Honda I believe would not use expensive parts on bikes that they say can't burn E20, it would drive up cost and result in profit lose.

I can say for a Fact though that every car made in the USA that runs E20 or above the fuel system is completely different. On the CBR that could be 3 parts or 100 parts difference, will never know until a comparison is made bike for bike. Wish I could be more helpful, maybe reaching out to Honda could get you some more answers, not sure, they might be more helpful than I am.

Edited by commande

Interesting thanks.

Fact no because I don't have the parts catalogs, but I am 99% certain yes there are different parts in the Thai variant of the bike. The reason why is because fuel system parts for vehicles that are certified to use E20 and above fuels cost more so Honda I believe would not use expensive parts on bikes that they say can't burn E20, it would drive up cost and result in profit lose.

The only markets the bike is sold in that use E20 are Thailand and Brazil... id the bike is sold in Brazil.

Surely economies of scale of just producing all parts the same would be cheaper than using different parts for two tiny markets.

Edited by Almera

Interesting thanks.

The only markets the bike is sold in that use E20 are Thailand and Brazil... id the bike is sold in Brazil.

Surely economies of scale of just producing all parts the same would be cheaper than using different parts for two tiny markets.

>>>I can say for a Fact though that every car made in the USA that runs E20 or above the fuel system is completely different.

Why do cars in the USA run on a fuels that don't exist there??

In America there is E10, E20, E85 and Octane Ratings run from generally 85 to 110+ Race Gas.... We have cars that are multi-fuel E85 meaning that they can run on regular gas, E10, E20 and E85 although they recommend to not mix them in the tank together smile.png. Those particular vehicles have additional fuel system sensors that detects the fuel type so as to adjust the way the engine runs specifically ignition timing and idle speed.

Edited by commande

Er, no.

Sorry, I'm not a sales agent. The key word would also be 'around 5 years old.' smile.png

If interested check out some of the Thai CB400 club sites. I remember browsing around 6 months ago and there were a few fully plated models, 8 years old iirc, under 20k on the clock for around 200k. Looked mighty nice too. If someone is looking for a properly made Jap manufactured inline 4 for around 200k baht then they're a good option imo.

so you do not even know how much a cb400 is going for and posting things here about this? you are speaking from your stomach again man, i am sorry.

I am sure you do not even sit on a cb400 before in your life and of course on a cbr500r too. do you?

Badly serviced, unproven etc funny words they are. My bike has no glitches for 4200 km now and i receive an excellent service. If you count superiors words and generalize them on cbr500 - which he is not that experienced about bikes - you end up nowhere.

So you claim you can get a better service for a 20 years old - sorry 15laugh.png - cb400?cheesy.gif where? And, these websites are for Thai people and even they struggle with the mechs in Thailand.

Oh boy, sometime i am not sure what type of people we deal here.

Edited by loserlazer

here we go. Leo Vince is releasing 3 different types of pipes for cbr500biggrin.gif

Cobra racing, Corsa GP racing and LV One, both looks good bur personally liked Corsa and cobra, these two are lighter as well.

http://www.leovince.com/en/catalog-honda/impianto_completo_gp_corsa_racing_passaggio_standard_honda_cbr_500_r_i_e_2013/285222557

Weight comparison with Leo Vince Cobra Racing full system and stock:

TOTAL STOCK WEIGHT: 7.58 KG
HEADER PIPE(S) 3.38
SILENCER(S) 4.2
TOTAL 7.58
TOTAL LEOVINCE WEIGHT: 4 KG
HEADER PIPE(S) 2.27
SILENCER(S) 1.2
FASTENERS 0.53
TOTAL 4

It has half the weight of stock pipe and headers.
And Leo Vince prices were the most reasonable for cbr250 so i assume we will get good prices.
Dynos are attached for cobra and LV one. LV puts more performance than the other two on teh dyno. i think 2-3 hp more than stock pipe. Not much without an aftermarket ecu.
No photos of the pipes yet but you can get an idea clearly from the diagrams shown.
Yeah guys, aftermarket part makers are finally comingbiggrin.gif

post-114750-0-51535100-1364375749_thumb.

post-114750-0-28082000-1364375764_thumb.

post-114750-0-95248500-1364375786_thumb.

leo vince cobra_corsa dyno.pdf

leo_lv dyno.pdf

Have you gone completely insane?

From what I remember about you, when you were first buying your new CBR, was that money was a bit of an issue for you. Believe me, the cost of maintaining an old CB400 goes far beyond that of a new CBR500.

Superior, if you are only concerned about the sound, then just change the exhaust.

There are some slip-on exhausts already available for around 8000 baht.

I heard some last weekend and they do sound good.

it really does seem to me superior is falling for the sound and thinking it goes faster cause it makes a better sound,these bikes are pretty even power and speed wise arent they?

• Like 1

Superior, if you are only concerned about the sound, then just change the exhaust.

There are some slip-on exhausts already available for around 8000 baht.

I heard some last weekend and they do sound good.

it really does seem to me superior is falling for the sound and thinking it goes faster cause it makes a better sound,these bikes are pretty even power and speed wise arent they?

If he can find the bike he likes...more power to him. It does seem awful ricer though thinking that better sound means that it is going faster....I also recall one of the boardmembers having issues with the sounds and riding of their brand new bike. If this is the same person, what would they do on a secondhand (at minimum) bike?

Not the gospel truth or final word; but the CB400 that went on the ride with Tony and I and others wasn't much, if any, faster than the Ninjettes. Can't comment on the age nor the condition of that particular bike though. I'd imagine that at road speed the newer 500 would be faster at acceleration anyways, assuming they have practically the same hp, due to the fairing.

hi there! i would like to inform you that i have test riden the 2013 cbr500r and also cbr500x at the honda big wing dealer in bkk ram intra district. while riding it gentle i felt it was a pretty good bike for the money. i then took both the bikes for a 2nd ride and this time i revved as much as i could on the short little test track they offered me to ride it.

//////and this is the important part!

way long time before the redline the ecu shuts the engine to idle! like if u revved up and then hold in the clutch.

i found this out by accelerating fast as i could and then swith to 2nd gear and the bike was stuttering like i kept the clutch in for atleast 1 full second.

the salesman first told me that it might be that its not enough gas in the tank and its gonna be allright when i ride it with more gas.

ofcourse i was very suspicious about this and after all we are in thailand and you cant really trust any salesman down here.

so i went straight to check how much gas was in the tank and it was indeed on low blinking and i also checked the cbr500r gas indicator. this test i found it out during testing the cbr500x (touring off road version) . the cbr500r seemed to had a little bit more gas in it.

how ever i managed to talked the info out of the salesman and he told me hondas cbr500 series bikes are programmed to shut off engine response at 9000 rpm!! .

he said that honda decieded to do this cause of costumers driving the shit out of the engines and claiming it within the 1st engine warranty year.

please keep this in mind if you consider buying the 2013 cbr500 series.

hi there! i would like to inform you that i have test riden the 2013 cbr500r and also cbr500x at the honda big wing dealer in bkk ram intra district. while riding it gentle i felt it was a pretty good bike for the money. i then took both the bikes for a 2nd ride and this time i revved as much as i could on the short little test track they offered me to ride it.

//////and this is the important part!

way long time before the redline the ecu shuts the engine to idle! like if u revved up and then hold in the clutch.

i found this out by accelerating fast as i could and then swith to 2nd gear and the bike was stuttering like i kept the clutch in for atleast 1 full second.

the salesman first told me that it might be that its not enough gas in the tank and its gonna be allright when i ride it with more gas.

ofcourse i was very suspicious about this and after all we are in thailand and you cant really trust any salesman down here.

so i went straight to check how much gas was in the tank and it was indeed on low blinking and i also checked the cbr500r gas indicator. this test i found it out during testing the cbr500x (touring off road version) . the cbr500r seemed to had a little bit more gas in it.

how ever i managed to talked the info out of the salesman and he told me hondas cbr500 series bikes are programmed to shut off engine response at 9000 rpm!! .

he said that honda decieded to do this cause of costumers driving the shit out of the engines and claiming it within the 1st engine warranty year.

please keep this in mind if you consider buying the 2013 cbr500 series.

They have some test bikes here in pattaya. You can take them on sukumvit i guess i need to redline one.

There are now 6 topics about these bikes getting s bit silly now I suggest closing all the others and putting a link to this this one..........anyone agree then report this post to the mods so they will see it and make the changes needed.

• Like 1

How much heavier is this bike then the 250cbr and do you notice that a lot in traffic when you need to splice lanes.? Mat of mine has a kawa 650 and had a cbr150 he said the kawa650 was not nice to ride in the city.

Is it the same for the cbr500 or is that a lot lighter almost like the 250 ?