Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have seen a couple of sales like this one in the past year or so. I wonder what these people were thinking when they bought the bike.

Yes same thing I thought. Very expensive test ride.

They could have rented one for 1000 baht & put 5x the mileage on it.

The seller notes he also has other bikes for sale- the Honda in the ad might very well have been a Big Wing test bike that they let go cheaply.

• Like 1

i have seen a couple of sales like this one in the past year or so. I wonder what these people were thinking when they bought the bike.

The seller notes he also has other bikes for sale- the Honda in the ad might very well have been a Big Wing test bike that they let go cheaply.

with 90km on the odometer ?

Yesterday I received a letter from Big Wing.

For all the people who paid the replacement of the shims, next maintenance labour costs (300 baht) and changing oil (360 baht) is free.

Received the same letter yesterday but anyway i use full syntethic so it will not help me but it is good to receive it. But will save the 300 thb which is good.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Scorpion released their slip on for the CBR500 X & F

Looks a bit long & dated IMHO

Maybe the integral mount & lack of strap makes it look longer?

8662_10151723486748331_2127969705_n.jpg

Scorpion have released the Serket on Honda's new CBR 500R.

Power + 1.1 BHP

Weight - 1.7kg

This also fits CB 500F & CB 500X and is available now.

i think its alot less dated than the blue one Edited by joeaverage

Scorpion released their slip on for the CBR500 X & F

Looks a bit long & dated IMHO

Maybe the integral mount & lack of strap makes it look longer?

8662_10151723486748331_2127969705_n.jpg

Scorpion have released the Serket on Honda's new CBR 500R.

Power + 1.1 BHP

Weight - 1.7kg

This also fits CB 500F & CB 500X and is available now.

i think its alot less dated than the blue one

a lot less dated that your profile photo as well joelaugh.png

i think you are living in the past, just update yourself a bit man!

and thanks for liking by blue pipe!

Edited by loserlazer

with 90km on the odometer ?

Maybe- I doubt they let you test-ride more than a couple clicks, and they certainly couldn't sell it as new- it's just speculation on my part.

For all the people who paid the replacement of the shims, next maintenance labour costs (300 baht) and changing oil (360 baht) is free.

What happened with the original shims?

• Like 1

Mania are they even open? I mean they seems to have deleted Honda BigWing CM Team page from FB. Unless they blocked me lol for calling too often. They might as well start paying off my credit for me for not having a bike on my hands for over 2 months already. I understand there might be a shortage of parts but come on TWO months and counting, I bet my socks it will be around 4. Will probably loose half of the bikes value by the time I get it back LOL.

Will pop in there on saturday morning before going back to Chiang Rai to see what the hell is going on there, if I see same black CBR there standing (when I first saw it they said it has been 4 months) then I will really s... myself.

No worry about the speed-o reading just disconnect like Nat. Motors did on the Forza I test rode

Nothing quite like nurturing (potential) customer confidence Thai style.

Obviously a legit company to be dealing with. :rolleyes:

No worry about the speed-o reading just disconnect like Nat. Motors did on the Forza I test rode

Obviously a legit company to be dealing with. rolleyes.gif

Actually a very legit company just doing business Thai style

Mania are they even open? I mean they seems to have deleted Honda BigWing CM Team page from FB. Unless they blocked me lol for calling too often. They might as well start paying off my credit for me for not having a bike on my hands for over 2 months already. I understand there might be a shortage of parts but come on TWO months and counting, I bet my socks it will be around 4. Will probably loose half of the bikes value by the time I get it back LOL.

Will pop in there on saturday morning before going back to Chiang Rai to see what the hell is going on there, if I see same black CBR there standing (when I first saw it they said it has been 4 months) then I will really s... myself.

Yes they are open.

I did not have much luck on the phone with them when requesting a dyno test.

The connection was bad & we could not understand each other.

Then they hung up & would not answer after that.

So the next day I went in & asked the head mechanic if I could schedule

a dyno test. You should have seen his face smile.png

Reason being I had driven into the repair area on my Honda Wave 125i

heheheh He looked at the bike looked back at me with his mouth open.

I laughed & said in Thai no not this bike I have another.

But when I told him a Kawasaki Ninja he had to ask another manager standing there.

The guy said no only can dyno test Honda's

I asked why you dont want money? Then the mechanic next to me just kind of looked at his shoes. smile.png

I said well mai dee loi but ok thanks.

I have to say they have a beautiful shop. Lots of guys standing around but were not working

on a thing. Which is why I asked why they dont want money?

But...........it is what it is & while I had wanted a base reading before doing a bunch of work on my

bike Bangkok is just too far for me to go. So it will be butt dyno wink.png

Good luck with your bike. I know it may be perceived as brand loyalty & trust me it is not as I love

all bikes but have mainly owned Honda's in my life. But here in Chiangmai ?

Kawasaki has Honda soundly beaten

on expertise & customer service as far as I can see. They are orderly & move through a lot of bikes per day with servicing

& do so very professionally IMHO

Edited by mania

:cheesy:

You've been here a few years mate. :D

They replaced 3 of the 4 shims when they did the valve clearance at 1000 km.

cheesy.gif

You've been here a few years mate. biggrin.png

Long enough not to get in a pissing contest who has been here longer

Edited by moe666

They replaced 3 of the 4 shims when they did the valve clearance at 1000 km.

Did this happen to most people's bikes?

I guess so if they're sending out official letters to every owner.

I think it is a good thing they have done this rebate.

After all if they want to be overly cautious they should not charge the owner

to adjust valves after 600 miles/1000km

If it was something they realized maybe left the factory with a spec they later

decided against then again they should feel free to fix it but at no charge to the owner.

No owner of a bike in this price range should expect to be charged for such adjustment after

such a short ride IMHO

So I think it is a good move on Honda's part & glad they did it.

LOL Mania nice story, I always was puzzled by their behavior there. They still have that Thai old fashioned approach to dealing with things. When I wanted to buy a bike and called them for details their manager who could speak english said to be sorry I cant talk on the phone I have customers in the shop. I was like so who the f... am I then?

Drove in for my dyno without appointment. They said 500 bht an hour member price. Asked them how long will it take they said about 1 h. So whole dyno test was done in 10 mins at 500 bht .

I think it is a good thing they have done this rebate.

After all if they want to be overly cautious they should not charge the owner

to adjust valves after 600 miles/1000km

If it was something they realized maybe left the factory with a spec they later

decided against then again they should feel free to fix it but at no charge to the owner.

No owner of a bike in this price range should expect to be charged for such adjustment after

such a short ride IMHO

So I think it is a good move on Honda's part & glad they did it.

Agreed, however someone on the other Honda thread is saying that in Europe Honda is charging $400-500 USD for the first 1000KM maintenance for Valve Clearance.

Agreed, however someone on the other Honda thread is saying that in Europe Honda is charging $400-500 USD for the first 1000KM maintenance for Valve Clearance.

Ouch that must be a bit upsetting to be paying close to 10% of

the bikes retail price on your first maintenance check.

Hopefully Honda does the same there & offers a rebate.

I would like to see the faces of the customers when they have to pay. "Dear customer, we checked the valve clearance. It was OK, no need to adjust. So we just replaced oil and filter. 4 hours work and 50 Euro for parts and oil. Please pay 350 EURO now for this very special 1000km service." huh.pngohmy.pngcrying.gif

Its cheaper to own a car in Europe i guess. Sometimes living in LOS is just fine biggrin.png

I would like to see the faces of the customers when they have to pay. "Dear customer, we checked the valve clearance. It was OK, no need to adjust. So we just replaced oil and filter. 4 hours work and 50 Euro for parts and oil. Please pay 350 EURO now for this very special 1000km service." huh.pngohmy.pngcrying.gif

Its cheaper to own a car in Europe i guess. Sometimes living in LOS is just fine biggrin.png

wantan you're right about seeing the faces in Europe.

Here you can see a bill from Germany. At first the Honda-Dealer asked for 380 Euro and after this customer complained they'd lower it to 310 Euro. Only the valve adjusting is 76 Euro as you can see (Ventile einstellen). I'd read some more comments today and all of them had probs with the valve adjustment from factory, so it seems that it was good to adjust them.

This customer with the bill also talked to the importer in Germany and they told him the dealer can ask for a gesture of goodwill for his bike and when they confirm it he'll get some money back.

post-179807-0-93412400-1373116705_thumb.

I'd read some more comments today and all of them had probs with the valve adjustment from factory, so it seems that it was good to adjust them.

So the Thai factory cannot (or has been unable to get) the shims and valves done correctly as new?

I was thinking of buying this bike upon release but held back as I've been disappointed in the durability of my Thai made CBR250 (plus I don't actually get to leave to the city nowadays, so the lighter 250 is more nimble). Glad I waited to see tbh.

9000k rpm limit, brake pads at 5k km, shims and valve adjustment at 1k km, doesn't sound appealing as a Honda CBR500 should IMO.

Edited by Salapoo

Okaaaayyyyy so I have been to BigWing today.

First thing that shocked me was that the bike that was standing on the side 2 months ago (when they said it has been there for 4 months already) is still there in the same condition as when I first saw it.

My bike was actually under repair, they finally got the parts. HOWEVER one of the staff members forgot to order 1 piece of fairing without which they cannot finish the job, they just realized that yesterday when they started taking it apart. So they just placed an order yesterday and hoping to get this part by the end of the next week. They did not change my leg gear lever that was bent as well as the plate next to it which has a massive scratch. They straighten it up so it wont jam and said that will do its working fine now. Seriously if insurance is paying and Iam paying for it just flipping change it. I was pissed off but not showed it really as I dont want to wait for another 2 months. What I will do is when I go to pick up the bike I will ask them to order those parts and when Iam back to service bike they can install it and I will pay cash. What was weird, my mileage is 49xxkm next service is at 6000 I asked them to do it now they said no, I shouldn't I should comeback on 6k. <deleted>?

The only good thing I had in the shop is test drive 1000rr they have test drive day 2013 promo you can test drive almost any bike.

Heres a pic of mine atm as of today

post-101384-0-81775900-1373121909_thumb.

• Like 1

The only good thing I had in the shop is test drive 1000rr they have test drive day 2013 promo you can test drive almost any bike.

Well good to hear you will be back on your bike soon smile.png

Is their test drives still limited to that small road along side the building?

Meaning 1st or 2nd gear at best? which is still more than other dealers I guess

They sure do have a nice shop

Salapoo I don't think that you have to worry, b/c I think Honda already knows about the prob. That's why the guys here received a letter already.

I think the Thai-Quality is nothing to talk about, take a look at the owners of the Ninja 300 worldwide - nearly everyone of them has probs with the fairing bounces out or the US and Australia-model are stalling (NOT the German). Mine also was not perfect when I got her.

Still I think the CBR 500 is a nice bike and all probs can become fixed step by step, it only takes some time and more important you need a good service with a specialized mechanic whom you can trust.