Police Doctor Now In Custody, After Three Bodies Found On His Phetchaburi Property

Lite Beer

Police doctor now in custody, after three bodies found on his Phetchaburi property

The Nation on Sunday

PETCHABURI: -- A police doctor suspected of killing at least four people and burying their bodies on his property in Phetchaburi was arrested yesterday and taken for interrogation at the provincial police headquarters.

Pol Col Supat Laohawattana, a doctor at the Police General Hospital, has been accused of killing a local couple he reportedly argued with several years ago.

Phetchaburi Court approved a warrant for the arrest of Supat and his wife for illegal detention of the couple, who went missing three years ago, and possessing stolen items. Samart Noomjui and Orasa Kerdsap, both 27, went missing along with a Toyota pickup in June 2009, after reportedly having an argument with Supat. The couple’s truck was found on September 15 at a Nonthaburi house linked to Supat, leading to the discovery of skeletal remains of three bodies on Supat's property in Phetchaburi's Tha Yang district.

A Burmese man called Kala who allegedly worked for the doctor for many years also accused Supat of torturing him and forcing him to bury other workers, from Myanmar. He told police the other workers were forced to swallow pesticide.

Tha Mai Ruak police superintendent Pol Col Wichai Pokpong said yesterday Supat and wife Wisala Chanbancha were wanted for illegal detention and possessing the missing couple's truck. Police were inspecting 40 guns and home-made bullets found at the home, reportedly used for hunting, to see if they could also be charged for making ammunition without permission.

Dr Busarin Supakomolnan, of Tha Yang Hospital, said the third skeleton had a bullet-like hole in the back of head, but they couldn't yet confirm if the person died from a gunshot or the victim's sex.

Meanwhile, an informed source yesterday reported the Institute of Forensic Medicine doctor initially identified the first skeleton, found buried near the doctor's house, as a male aged about 30. The second and third bodies found on the same property last week had yet to arrive the institute. After the bones were checked for sex, age, assault traces, they would be submitted to DNA tests, to compare with the couple's parents and daughter.

Hospital director Jongjet Aojenpong said Supat was on leave until Sept 30, which was his last day at work as he had asked for early retirement. After, police charge the doctor, the hospital would set a disciplinary committee to probe his activities.

Department of Special Investigation chief Tarit Pengdith said the DSI had not picked up the case but DSI officials went to observe police work due to a request by Samart's father Sawang Noomjui. He said the case involved a senior police officer, hence the relatives were afraid police might "have difficulty" probing it.

Tharit said if the police probe went well, it should be left with them because the case involved murder, and did not fit the DSI's special case list. But the relatives could still file a request for the Special Case Committee to consider picking it up.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-23

Thai TV news reported last week that the good doctor's brother informed the police of this matter only after they had argued over land and money, implying the brother had already known of this for some time.

In the meantime...'Police were inspecting 40 guns and home-made bullets found at the home, reportedly used for hunting, to see if they could also be charged for making ammunition without permission.'

Hunting? Really?

'...hence the relatives were afraid police might "have difficulty" probing it.'

Oh yes, and so it begins.

• Like 1

"they couldn't yet confirm if the person died from a gunshot or the victim's sex."

I thought the sex of a skeleton was relatively easy to determine.

According to:

s_link.gifhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_skeleton

There are many differences between the male and female human skeletons. Men tend to have slightly thicker and longer limbs and digit bones, while women tend to have narrower rib cages, smaller teeth, less angular mandibles, and less pronounced cranial features such as the brow ridges and occipital protuberance (the small bump at the back of the skull). Most striking is the difference in hip bones, owing to differences related to the process of reproduction, and very likely also to the biological process of sexual selection. There are a number of smaller differences between human male and female skeletons as well.

1. So the workers claim to have witnessed some of these things, and also to cover them up but were forced to do it. I can understand being forced or coerced under extreme circumstances, but unfortunately, I feel money being an issue here. I sincerely hope I never have to compromise myself so badly and do what is clearly not right

A serial sick killer in a trusted profession. Sad for those he tortured and/or murdered. And to fathom complicity by relatives and possibly police? What sort of sick people associated with such tragedies have no conscience? I only hope the doctor receives a short cut to his next life as a toad or cockroach and those associated with him, a long time on the tiles in the Bangkok Hilton to contemplate their stupidity and cowardliness in not stopping this guy and his wife before the numbers mounted up.

• Like 1

I note that it took an argument between the learned Dr and his brother over money before the brother brought it to the attention of the authorities, so that means he (the brother) possibly had full knowledge of the Doctors atrocities from day one?

That in my opinion makes him worst than his scum of a brother and sister-in-law.

I have said it before and I will say it again, "Money is # 1 in the LoS"

• Like 2

Thai news reports that if the Dr was unhappy with his Myanmar workers he would put their hand in a blender, apparently one worker had a badly infected leg which the Dr refused to treat that eventually the limb had to be surgically removed.

What a sicko

The sad thing is it sounds that the relatives of the deceased will probably never be found/informed. Poor people.

Edited by lizardtongue

Thai TV news reported last week that the good doctor's brother informed the police of this matter only after they had argued over land and money, implying the brother had already known of this for some time.

In the meantime...'Police were inspecting 40 guns and home-made bullets found at the home, reportedly used for hunting, to see if they could also be charged for making ammunition without permission.'

Hunting? Really?

Well, if they can't prove murders...at least they have the "making ammunition without permission" to fall back on I guess...

• Like 1

Once he pays the 2000 baht fine he will be moved to an inactive post.

No, I think it reversed...he is first moved to an inactive post and then pays the 2000 baht fine.

Then after another week or so when this turns to old news and falls off the front pages that's when tea money and compensation negotiations begin.

And a few years later a supended sentence and 30,000 baht fine is handed down.

Thailand justice cycle complete.

• Like 1

Once he pays the 2000 baht fine he will be moved to an inactive post.

Probably the most perceptive post here....sadly!

I wonder how long before he gets out on bail, and then after being found guilty and sentenced to death, how long will he be out on bail whilst he appeals, and perhaps practices his skill-set on any remaining witnesses. Maybe forcing the workers to drink pesticide was a 'mistake, and it won't happen again'!

Hunting? Really?

If he had only killed Burmese workers I'm sure he would never be prosecuted, but since he killed a thai couple, there is a chance for justice, still doubtful

Hunting? Really?

If he had only killed Burmese workers I'm sure he would never be prosecuted, but since he killed a thai couple, there is a chance for justice, still doubtful

And we all know what Thai justice means don't we !!

I notice that if a post involves a westerner we get a lot of pity and RIP and such rubbish for the victim(s). If the victim(s) happen to be Thai we get NOTHING, Something smell racist to you?

P.S Oh, and then we get moans that Thai's are racist ones - what a joke!

If you really want to impress why not call for any convictions resulting from his day job to be re opened?

Thai one's first of course...

I notice that if a post involves a westerner we get a lot of pity and RIP and such rubbish for the victim(s). If the victim(s) happen to be Thai we get NOTHING, Something smell racist to you?

It's probably because most people who write on this forum are not Thai. Go on to a Thai forum where Thais post and you might see a similar trend where the Thais get a lot of sympathy bla bla bla.

It's as if no one is perfect.

I note that it took an argument between the learned Dr and his brother over money before the brother brought it to the attention of the authorities, so that means he (the brother) possibly had full knowledge of the Doctors atrocities from day one?

That in my opinion makes him worst than his scum of a brother and sister-in-law.

I have said it before and I will say it again, "Money is # 1 in the LoS"

And the US and china and Europe and and and . ... ..

The more I read things like this the more I believe that what we read is down to the ineptness of a Thai journalist writing in English. A police force CANNOT be this inept surely? Bodies stacked up around the property and the [police report

Police were inspecting 40 guns and home-made bullets found at the home, reportedly used for hunting, to see if they could also be charged for making ammunition without permission.

Here we have Thailands very own Dr Shipton - or worse, and the police are gathering evidence for making ammunition without permission !! And who exactly has claimed the guns are used for hunting? - Dr Mengele? Well he isn't going to say, 'that's my private gun collection for serial killing people that upset me'! is he?

May all the spirits of Columbo, Shaft, Petrocelli, Kojak and 'book em Danno' shine down and help these police secure what appears to be a very simple situation. Man reports his brother the DR's house is full of bodies, it is, witnesses give first hand accounts of murder, Dr is incarcerated, evidence given to public prosecutor, Dr is banged up for the rest of his natural life, all accomplices get some, case closed. Oh and he also loses his police pension! and all trials that he has been a subject matter expert on are reopened. Whew, not that hard, getting the pop corn out though!

Firstly I think the victims are Burmese not Thai, secondly I personally give the Thai's as much respect as they give me (a Westerner) that is zero!coffee1.gif

Right... "I'll respect you if you respect me... you go first." Man, either you don't know the right Thai people or you lack the talent for getting people to respect you - or perhaps both.

From the article:

"the Institute of Forensic Medicine doctor initially identified the first skeleton, found buried near the doctor's house, as a male aged about 30. The second and third bodies found on the same property last week had yet to arrive the institute."

Apparently the Institute of Forensic Science doesn't know much about forensic science, as much of the work not yet done, should have been done as the bodies were exhumed.

Meaning the experts should be in the field and not the office, however, T.I.T., 'the land of upside down'