A Good Car Wash Center

Tywais

A none food recommendation so sorry to the hamburger, pizza, curry crowd. wink.png

There is what I consider an excellent car wash center located at Nim City, location of one of the Rim Ping stores. I've used it about 5 times now and the staff/management are friendly and welcoming and no attempts to push something on you from their large menu of choices. Did I just say menu, oops. biggrin.png I normally go for the wash and vacuum but they go a few steps further and do mini detailing of the car. Cost, 165 Baht and very well done. They have multiple stations, one for vacuum, one for washing, one for coating and then drying/detailing.

I tried the one at Central shopping center a couple of times and lets just say, not impressed with the results.

Here is a snapshot of what they have available with prices and it's pretty extensive. Just realized I didn't take a photo of the center itself - guess Dave2 will be around to fix that. I realize there are certainly other centers that are good, this one is just convenient for me and a very positive personal experience.

post-566-0-05232900-1348488830_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

What a coincidence as I was searching for a good car wash shop for the past week and trust me there are many but this one caught my eye just as I was leaving the rimping parking lot. I have never used their service so I thought I ask the TV community and your thread pops up about 20 mins ago!

What caught my attention is the "chemical guys" products they advertise. Being a long time car detailing enthusiast in Los Angeles, this product is used by many pro detailers. The owner said he is the main Chemical guy distributor for chiangmai, whatever thats suppose to mean.

Secondly the price of basic car wash for my minivan was quoted 200 baht.

Glad I saw that you have had good experience with these guys. I will be sure give them a go sometime this week.

Edited by tangcoral

Mahidol Road, eastbound, approaching Nong Hoi intersection, just before you reach the exit slip road (very, very easy to miss as its just on the corner and people are swapping lanes all over the place there) is a place which does it for 120B inside and out, 160B to get underneath it. Fantastic shop, several stations as described above, free coffee while you wait and a couple of PCs with internet in case you're desperate to find the latest thread on ThaiVisa.

Google Maps 18.756967,99.002387

post-78027-0-79468600-1348492586_thumb.j

My fav carwash was on Irrigation Canal south of the Phucome Hotel; was J.C.T, then Pro Carwash.

About a week ago, went to get a wash- and the place was dismantled! As in the roof torn down, etc.

Bummer, as they had a wash ramp with pressure guns, compressed air to blow water out of mirrors and body panels, vacuum, and full detailing available.

I paid 40 B for a Wave (small scooter price), 60 B for a CBR 250 (motorcycle price) and 120 B for a small car.

I'm heartbroken they are closed, at it was just around the corner from my apt.

I usually let them do the wash thing, and their version of a light detail at the above prices (tire blacking, a spritz of something on the paint, etc.), then at home in my garage I would pull out the good products, microfiber towels, etc. and make it gleam.

I'll check out the Chemical Guys at Nim, and thanks for the tip Tywais.

What a coincidence as I was searching for a good car wash shop for the past week and trust me there are many but this one caught my eye just as I was leaving the rimping parking lot. I have never used their service so I thought I ask the TV community and your thread pops up about 20 mins ago!

You wouldn't happen to be the guy with the brand new white BMW 320 parked directly in front of it would you? tongue.png I thought it was the owners and business was good until I saw a farang get into it. Seems if it is good enough for him must be an ok place. wink.png

About the timing, one time it was 45+ minutes but only one car in the stall but other times usually an hour. This time an hour and a half as the stalls were full. I expected it so just went over to Dailyicious for a bite then Rim Ping to pick up a few items.

//edit - and good to see other geographical car wash recommendations to cover the CM area.

Just to be clear that this is not just a basic wash, dry and vacuum. At the coating station they treat the tires, spray a coating on the finish, treat the inside leather/plastics (and not overdone like some places where you can't breath when you get in the car) and not a spot left on it. Just a comparison, the one at Central shopping center is 280+ Baht for an insignificant job with dirt spots still remaining.

I had to pay 200 baht too at Nim city but they did a good job untill the owner showed me some black stripes and said they could only clean it with a wax treatment at 1800 baht. I wettened my fingers and it went of, I looked at him and he walked away, then I drove away and never returned. Lately I go to the Suthep road 100 meters before wat Suan dok, also good but cheaper.

Edited by Joop50

This could get expensive.

Drop off the car at Chemical Guys, with approx. a 45 min to 1 hour time frame.

Go to Wine Connection, shop a bit.

Go to Rimping, shop a bit.

Go to Butter is Better, shop a bit.

Go to the Japanese sushi, eat lunch.

Then pick up car, after spending 3000 B at Nim shops and restaurants.

Brilliant for them to get these (Chemical) guys in the shopping center! laugh.png

This could get expensive.

Drop off the car at Chemical Guys, with approx. a 45 min to 1 hour time frame.

Go to Wine Connection, shop a bit.

Go to Rimping, shop a bit.

Go to Butter is Better, shop a bit.

Go to the Japanese sushi, eat lunch.

Then pick up car, after spending 3000 B at Nim shops and restaurants.

Brilliant for them to get these (Chemical) guys in the shopping center! laugh.png

Easy fixed, leave the wife at home!

re.

guess Dave2 will be around to fix that

who me ? ? ? .... as if : )

if you go past the front is just round the corner on the left

but what they are going to do with the rest of the yard and all those new buildings

ive no idea

dave2

and t w .... coffee in dailycious ? .... we know where to get a free coffee now lads : )

post-42592-0-49727600-1348495662_thumb.j

post-42592-0-72781400-1348495704_thumb.j

post-42592-0-44608100-1348495745_thumb.j

post-42592-0-97510500-1348495796_thumb.j

You wouldn't happen to be the guy with the brand new white BMW 320 parked directly in front of it would you? tongue.png I thought it was the owners and business was good until I saw a farang get into it. Seems if it is good enough for him must be an ok place. wink.png

About the timing, one time it was 45+ minutes but only one car in the stall but other times usually an hour. This time an hour and a half as the stalls were full. I expected it so just went over to Dailyicious for a bite then Rim Ping to pick up a few items.

//edit - and good to see other geographical car wash recommendations to cover the CM area.

No, that's me with the 320d. Been using that car wash since before he moved to Nim City. Great value for money and never had a problem. Don't usually like Thai car washes as I've often spotted problems when I got home.