New Style 90-Day Reporting Receipt & 15 Day Warning

There is no difference and there is no fee. But when reporting by mail you must do it by registered mail and also provide a selfadressed envellope with a 10baht stamp on it.

Do not confuse 90 day reporting with applying for an extension of stay. Those are seperate things.

My school says that I have to go CW every 90 days to report AND extend and pay 1900 per extension AND must bring letter from school

Which one is correct ?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no difference and there is no fee. But when reporting by mail you must do it by registered mail and also provide a selfadressed envellope with a 10baht stamp on it.

Do not confuse 90 day reporting with applying for an extension of stay. Those are seperate things.

My school says that I have to go CW every 90 days to report AND extend and pay 1900 per extension AND must bring letter from school

Which one is correct ?

So it seems your 90 day reporting would be required because you're not having to travel outside Thailand, which would reset your 90-day clock, to do your extensions... Instead you're doing them inside Thailand at Thai Immigration. Thus regular 90 day reporting is required in addition to extending your visa status.

Which one is correct ?

Both is correct. You need to get an extension of stay every 90 days for 1,900 baht AND because you are staying longer then 90 days you have to report your address every 90 days, which is free.

Two different things, which you both need to do.

Sorry, I'm confused by the replies. Is the new rule that the 90 day report must be RECEIVED (by mail) at IMM 15 days before the due date, or that the 90 day report can be mailed 15 days before the due date?

In other words, say my due day is 15 October,

1) do I mail it on 30 September,

or 2) do I mail it on say 25 September allowing it (variable mail delivery times permitting) to arrive at least 15 days before the due date?

I've never done a mail-in 90-day report, so not clear on the process once it arrives at the Immigrations office. Do they tend to do them ASAP after arrival on a FIFO basis, or do they segregate them by their "due dates" and process them on/near the due date?

Reason I ask: If they now require you mail it at least 15 days in advance, and they process it as soon as they get it, it's almost like a 75-day report.

I don't think your issue above is a problem.

I believe, when they process your new reporting date slip, it's automatically set 90 days from your prior due date, regardless of how many days early they've received your paperwork.

Okay, so it's different than how they process in-person reports. I didn't know that. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Have any of you guys tried to send in the report by mail if you are late with your report? Just realized that I'm late, and since it is so inconvenient to go out there, I thought I would just put 2000 baht in the envelope.

It will not be accpeted. If you are late with reporting (more then 7 days) you need to go in person and pay the fine and sign the "ticket". But you can always call them and see if someone else can report for you.

Have any of you guys tried to send in the report by mail if you are late with your report? Just realized that I'm late, and since it is so inconvenient to go out there, I thought I would just put 2000 baht in the envelope.

It will not be accpeted. If you are late with reporting (more then 7 days) you need to go in person and pay the fine and sign the "ticket". But you can always call them and see if someone else can report for you.

Cheers. I guess I just have to go out there then. Is it just me, or does it seem to be best to go around 11 am? Went there in the morning the first time, and it was so busy. Next time I went there just before lunch, and not many people there then.

You'd want to be careful about the 11 am time, because the staff tend to go out for lunch and their ops close from noon to 1 pm...

If you arrived by 10 am or 10:30 am or so for 90 day reporting, probably, you could safely assume you'd miss the early morning crowd and yet still get your reporting done before the noon break time.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never done a mail-in 90-day report, so not clear on the process once it arrives at the Immigrations office. Do they tend to do them ASAP after arrival on a FIFO basis, or do they segregate them by their "due dates" and process them on/near the due date?

Reason I ask: If they now require you mail it at least 15 days in advance, and they process it as soon as they get it, it's almost like a 75-day report.

I don't think your issue above is a problem.

I believe, when they process your new reporting date slip, it's automatically set 90 days from your prior due date, regardless of how many days early they've received your paperwork.

Not in my case. I just did my 90-day report by mail for the first time. Did it with the Chiang Mai Immigration office.

My "due date" for notification was 11 Nov 2012. I mailed in all the copies and a self-addressed envelope with a 10baht stamp 14 days prior. Just received the mail today. The "Receipt of Notification" was dated 30 Oct 2012 with a "due date" for my next notification of 27 Jan 2013.

Not that I'm concerned over the few days "lost". I don't see it as a big problem for me.

I've asked and never seen a 10 baht stamp when going to the post office. They always give me two 5-baht stickers to use.

When I mail in my 90 day reports to CW, they always return the photocopies they require to be sent that include the passport face page, my extension of stay stamp page, my latest entry stamp page, my airport departure card page, the copy of my reporting receipt and usually a blank reporting form to use next time. So typically there's 5 or so pages in the return envelope.

They do have a 10baht stamp. Perhaps they just happen to have a bunch of 5baht stamps to use up. It's nice that CW returns the copies to you. I just did mine through Chiang Mai Immigration and all they sent back was the "Receipt of Notification" slip.

• 4 weeks later...

This new "requirement", if indeed it is one, does indeed "lose" you days. My 90 day report was due on 12 December. Based on information provided in this post, I sent it out by EMS to Imm on 26 November - 15 days ahead of schedule plus two days for postage. I received the Receipt of Notification today. It is dated 3 December and it runs to the next reporting on 1 March 2013. So I've "lost" 9 days. The Receipt of Notification makes no mention of the need to send the report 15 days ahead of the renewal date. Next time I think I'll stick to what I've always done previously, and that is send it out at least 7 days ahead of the renewal date.

Otherwise they should change it to an "80 day report".

I keep my reporting receipt paper clipped into my passport...

But I keep my passport locked away at home (almost never take it outside) and instead carry a laminated color photo copy of my passport face page and extension stamp in my wallet.

I also scan and save a digital copy of my new reporting receipt, as soon as I receive it back from Immigration, just in case the paper copy is ever misplaced.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back in the mail my 90 days reporting receipt from Chaeng Wattana Immigration...

This time I mailed my report paperwork 15 days early as per Immigration's prior instruction/warning, and they responded by deducting days from my prior reporting period, and starting my new reporting period earlier than the prior due date by 6 days... Thanks guys.... whistling.gif

Here's the way it broke down for a report that was due by Dec. 25:

--Mailed Dec. 9

--Arrived CW Immigration Dec. 11

--Processed Dec. 19

Then the receipt they mailed back, which I received a few days ago, started my new 90 day reporting period running from Dec. 19 and continuing 90 days into the middle of March.

Tall Guy\

If they keep doing this kind of counting, eventually you'll have to be doing the 90-day report daily!!

Mac

Just noticed this thread signing in and just got my 90 day notice slip back from Tak immigration in the 3 baht stamped address envelope with another report dating 90 day notice slip and a TM47 form.

All I sent 2 days before 90 day notice date was :-

The signed TM47.

1 A4 photocopy of the main passport picture page with number & name, also the passport page of last entry into Thailand.

The 90 day acknowledgement slip.

Maybe I am just special eh !! biggrin.png

One of the joyous things about Thailand is rules aren't really rules most of the time.

Sometimes, a particular Immigration Office will go off on a wild hair that's more restrictive that what the rule is supposed to be. And sometimes an office will be more easygoing than what supposedly is required.

Problem is, you're never quite sure what to expect until the answer to the matter at hand lands on your doorstep.

Fifteen day mail in date is for Bangkok immigration and probably will not apply to other offices.

If you walk in early or late (7 or less) to do your reports they do the count from that date.

If you don't like having report start a few days early you could make report in person on the exact date instead of doing a mail in.

15 days should be country wide, not just Bangkok, per below website:

http://www.immigration.go.th/

Procedure and notification

The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or

The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Offices accepting notification:

Immigration offices throughout the country

Bangkok Immigration:

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=90days

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to

90 DAYS REGISTRATION,

IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1

Chalermprakiat Government Complex

120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,

LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

I got the warning from CW Immigration, which started this thread, about needing to mail in my 90 day reporting 15 days before the due date. So clearly that's a newly installed deadline that the folks at BKK Immigration have been pursuing.

I haven't heard/seen of members reporting to other Immigration offices getting that same kind of warning, or have I missed those???