Laundry Boy

chiangmaikelly

I am the laundry boy. She even calls me the laundry boy. She goes to work every morning and me and the puppy stay home and do the laundry.

Today I am training the puppy not to bark at uni girls. I want her to go, “woo whu hoo” instead of woof woof.

The lady of the house works 6 days a week from 6AM to 6PM.

I do the laundry. I don't do it by hand. I have 8 computer settings that take care of any clothes we may have plus mesh and hard plastic reinforced bags for her bras and my ball caps. I have a blocking form to dry my ball caps too.

I have spray starch and fabric softener and expensive laundry detergent. Nothing but first class. If there is no sun the washing machine will air dry the clothes.

So I can watch football, do the laundry and the dog watches out for uni girls.

I do other things around the house too. I tried to find wood furniture polish and couldn't so I make my own and keep the dining room table and chairs looking ship shape and Bristol fashion

I designed the house and she purchased it with the help of the bank. I purchased the furniture with the help if my Feng Shui all girl design team.

The moral to this story? Old guys who do the laundry in Thailand are happy. Actually there is a better word than happy but I am trying to keep it clean.

• Like 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't do the laundry (or much else) but I do hang the clothes out because the clothes line is a bit to high for my lady. She calls out "I have job for you" and I know the washing machine has finished it's cycle.

I make the bed, do the laundry, do the washing, ironing, cleaning, she earns 250k a month works 9am to 12pm , Im not the only one I know in this position in Bangkok.

She's not a Hi So white skinned if that helps with the stereotype either.

I dont cook, neither does she.

Life's a bummer eh?

I make the bed, do the laundry, do the washing, ironing, cleaning, she earns 250k a month works 9am to 12pm , Im not the only one I know in this position in Bangkok.

She's not a Hi So white skinned if that helps with the stereotype either.

I dont cook, neither does she.

Life's a bummer eh?

3 hours a day and she earns 250K a month? Doing what? I assume 250K is baht, so that equates to over $8000 a month or $2000 a week, or more than$100 an hour. Have I got my sums right? With that kind of money I would have thought a full-time maid would be in order.

Edited by giddyup

3 hours a day and she earns 250K a month? Doing what? I assume 250K is baht, so that equates to around $8000 a month or $2000 a week, or $100 an hour. Have I got my sums right?

am = ante meridiem = before midday

pm = post meridiem = after midday

Just so you know for next time you get confused with time tongue.png

Yermanee wai.gif

• Like 1

<b>rattler, on 2012-10-03 13:27:20, said:</b><br />I make the bed, do the laundry, do the washing, ironing, cleaning, she earns 250k a month works 9am to 12pm , Im not the only one I know in this position in Bangkok.<br />She's not a Hi So white  skinned if that helps with the stereotype either.<br />I dont cook, neither does she.<br />Life's a bummer eh?<br />
<br />3 hours a day and she earns 250K a month? Doing what? I assume 250K is baht, so that equates to over $8000 a month or $2000 a week, or more than$100 an hour. Have I got my sums right? With that kind of money I would have thought a full-time maid would be in order.

Don't encourage him to post pics!! :lol:

3 hours a day and she earns 250K a month? Doing what? I assume 250K is baht, so that equates to around $8000 a month or $2000 a week, or $100 an hour. Have I got my sums right?

Yermanee wai.gif

I know who's confused and it's not me. 12pm is midday, 12am is midnight. Correct?

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

Yermanee wai.gif

I have just chected the UK National Physics Laboratory web site.

This is what they say:

There is no confusion when using the words 12 noon (or mid-day) and 12 midnight, although the use of 12 midnight can raise the question of 'which day?'. To avoid confusion in, for example, an insurance certificate, it is always better to use the 24-hour clock, when 12:00 is 12 noon and, for example, 24:00 Sunday or 00:00 Monday both mean 12 midnight Sunday/Monday. It is common in transport timetables to use 23:59 Sunday or 00:01 Monday (in this example), or 11:59 p.m. or 12:01 a.m., to further reduce confusion.

There are no standards established for the meaning of 12 a.m. and 12 p.m. It is often said that 12 a.m. Monday is midnight on Monday morning and 12 p.m. is mid-day. This puts all the times beginning with 12 and ending with a.m. in the same one-hour block, similarly with those ending with p.m. It can also be argued that by the time you have seen a clock showing 12:00 at mid-day it is already post meridiem, and similarly at midnight it is already ante meridiem. Times in the first hour of the day are sometimes given as, for example, 00:47 a.m., with 00:00 a.m. corresponding to midnight, but with a time twelve hours later given as 12:47 p.m.

Another convention sometimes used is that, since 12 noon is by definition neither ante meridiem (before noon) nor post meridiem (after noon), then 12 a.m. refers to midnight at the start of the specified day (00:00) and 12 p.m. to midnight at the end of that day (24:00). Given this ambiguity, the terms 12 a.m. and 12 p.m. should be avoided.

• Like 1

Yermanee wai.gif

This is what they say:

There is no confusion when using the words 12 noon (or mid-day) and 12 midnight, although the use of 12 midnight can raise the question of 'which day?'. To avoid confusion in, for example, an insurance certificate, it is always better to use the 24-hour clock, when 12:00 is 12 noon and, for example, 24:00 Sunday or 00:00 Monday both mean 12 midnight Sunday/Monday. It is common in transport timetables to use 23:59 Sunday or 00:01 Monday (in this example), or 11:59 p.m. or 12:01 a.m., to further reduce confusion.

There are no standards established for the meaning of 12 a.m. and 12 p.m. It is often said that 12 a.m. Monday is midnight on Monday morning and 12 p.m. is mid-day. This puts all the times beginning with 12 and ending with a.m. in the same one-hour block, similarly with those ending with p.m. It can also be argued that by the time you have seen a clock showing 12:00 at mid-day it is already post meridiem, and similarly at midnight it is already ante meridiem. Times in the first hour of the day are sometimes given as, for example, 00:47 a.m., with 00:00 a.m. corresponding to midnight, but with a time twelve hours later given as 12:47 p.m.

Another convention sometimes used is that, since 12 noon is by definition neither ante meridiem (before noon) nor post meridiem (after noon), then 12 a.m. refers to midnight at the start of the specified day (00:00) and 12 p.m. to midnight at the end of that day (24:00). Given this ambiguity, the terms 12 a.m. and 12 p.m. should be avoided.

Please, don't try and wriggle out of this one. 12 midday is widely known as 12pm and 12 midnight 12am. 12 midday is the beginning of the pm cycle and 12 midnight starts the am cycle. Have a look at Wikipedia if you want to have it confirmed. My sums were correct. You are wrong.

Edited by giddyup

Yermanee wai.gif

I know who's confused and it's not me. 12pm is midday, 12am is midnight. Correct?

Oops, sorry. I'll clean my reading glasses now sad.png

Yermanee wai.gif

This is what they say:

Quite an elaborate explanation for a rather simple concept. But I must say that it's much more interesting than reading about someone doing his laundry.

Yermanee wai.gif

Correct, at least accepted as such although of course midday is neither 12 hours before or after itself. But if this is really the return for 3 hours work then I'd be encouraging her to work a full day.

Yermanee wai.gif

Correct, at least accepted as such although of course midday is neither 12 hours before or after itself. But if this is really the return for 3 hours work then I'd be encouraging her to work a full day.

Thankyou. Some people are a little too quick to jump. I would like to know what she does to earn more than $100 an hour in Thailand.

Yermanee wai.gif

Oops, sorry. I'll clean my reading glasses now sad.png

Yermanee wai.gif

Apology accepted.

I almost do no house work, just cook my own food and clean my dishes as she is out working. I might learn a thing or two from Kelly about training the dogs.

I got 2 killer dogs, widely feared and respected, i am still trying to train them to round up all the pretty girls and drive them to my home. So far no luck, the gf must have instructed them not to comply.

This is what they say:

Quite an elaborate explanation for a rather simple concept. But I must say that it's much more interesting than reading about someone doing his laundry.

Only on Thai Visa could someone argue about the time of day and another find it interesting.rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

• Like 2

This is what they say:

Only on Thai Visa could someone argue about the time of day and another find it interesting.rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

I was told I was confused, I clearly wasn't. End of story.

I am a proud house-dad. I do the washing, the cooking and look after our little baby girl. I wash her, feed her, take her to kindergarten, do the shopping and run a couple of small businesses on the side. My wife LOVES cleaning the house (with a little whinge on the side...she does LOVE a little whinge) and doing the ironing. When my wife comes home she plays with our little girl, feeds her and gets her to sleep. I LOVE the role reversal and so does my wife.

My tip from the top is to put a touch of vinegar in the pre-wash for towels, DON'T use fabric conditioner and line dry in the sun. A 95c wash once a month does them wonders too.

Vinegar is also the best window cleaner. Warm water, a couple of cap fulls of vinegar per litre of water, sponge on, rub down and then use an old cloth to dry them off. Brilliant, and you know they're good when your other half walks into them laugh.png

Yermanee wai.gif

Correct 0900-2400 what a fuss you can all make.

Shes a high class Hooker , what elsecheesy.gif it IS Thai Visa after all and I'd hate to disappoint

Edited by rattler
  • Like 2

I am a proud house-dad. I do the washing, the cooking and look after our little baby girl. I wash her, feed her, take her to kindergarten, do the shopping and run a couple of small businesses on the side. My wife LOVES cleaning the house (with a little whinge on the side...she does LOVE a little whinge) and doing the ironing. When my wife comes home she plays with our little girl, feeds her and gets her to sleep. I LOVE the role reversal and so does my wife.

My tip from the top is to put a touch of vinegar in the pre-wash for towels, DON'T use fabric conditioner and line dry in the sun. A 95c wash once a month does them wonders too.

Vinegar is also the best window cleaner. Warm water, a couple of cap fulls of vinegar per litre of water, sponge on, rub down and then use an old cloth to dry them off. Brilliant, and you know they're good when your other half walks into them laugh.png

Not that anyone asked but my furniture polish is the olive oil you buy in the pharmacy for 20 baht a small bottle mixed 2 parts oil to one part lemon or lime juice.

• Like 1

I think its a male thing.

My husband used to do the washing too (i.e. load the washing machine). The only other thing he'd willingly do was vacuum...

Mind you, he ruined quite a lot of my clothing as he had no concept of reading the washing label...

I've always done the laundry. It is as easy to put bras and knickers in at the same time. It is washed and out drying by the time she gets up. In return I do very little washing up. Cooking is done by whoever wants to.

Have to admit I get kudos for doing such things and looks of surprise from friends, but if I am alone I do it all anyway so not exactly hard work, is it?

I use the same method for cleaning windows however I use newspaper to clean and dry, I have no idea but they are SPARKLING, my hands are black with ink but it works like a charm. Will try your tip with vinegar in towels.

I am freaky when it comes to laundry I don't like others to do it & I actually love watching the machine do its work. I 'm a little weird about laundry pegs as well I like the old fashioned wooden ones without the springs. TMI but I've brought mine from the UK and varnished them all smile.png so they'll last a lifetime. Even though the expression "Blues and Browns should only be seen in the washing machine" I sort by colour range-I need a life.

My dream is to buy one of those robot vacuum cleaners not because I don't like doing it I just think it will amuse me watching it go in circles.

What kind of thread is this? Gee I hope you're not a self proclaimed "writer" ? don't waste a publicist's time.

Your post added absolutely nothing to this thread except to declare that you like to write meaningless posts that are nasty. Why? Go out and say something nice to someone. Smile at a stranger. Why just come here and dump some venom? Are you that unhappy?