Wrong Stamp

Hi All,

I have just returned from Singapore expecting another 3 month stamp on my Visa B which is valid until next month only to discover when I got home the immigration officer has given me 30 day stamp ,tourist I assume ...she didn't notice I have a business visa probably due to its location in my passport.And I didn't check until I got home .

Anyhow my question is the current stamp says I have until 9/11/2012 and my B visa runs until 14/11/2012 so if I go out and come back before the 14/11 will I get a 3 months stamp or will questions be asked why I only received 30 days before.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

You actually have a multi entry non immigrant B visa issued by a Thai Consulate outside of Thailand that has a use before date of 14/11/2012? Did not know they ever used such date format on visas but should not be a problem using again if indeed it is a valid multi entry visa and you enter the visa information on your arrival card. You can also visit immigration to correct the stamp if you do not intend to travel.

A visa expiration date is the date until it can be used for entry so yes your permitted stay can be much longer than a visa date.

Work permit? Change the stamp

What is having a work got to do with getting stamp changed?

A lot of people have multiple entry visas without having a work permit.

OP should get stamp sorted out at immigration. He could be questioned about it when he departs the country. It appears he should make a border run shortly anyway just before his visa expires to get an additional 90 days out of his visa.

Edited by ubonjoe

OP should get stamp sorted out at immigration. He could be questioned about it when he departs the country. It appears he should make a border run shortly anyway just before his visa expires to get an additional 90 days out of his visa.

In case he has a wp, he has to change the stamp. Otherwise....!

Edited by noob7

I dont think they can give you a stamp, longer than your visa is valid.

Just for Fakenames information, if you have a Non Immigrant visa and leave a day or two days before it expires you will get another 90 days which makes your 12 month visa last for nearly 15 months.

In case he has a wp, he has to change the stamp. Otherwise....!

Thanks noob7

Yes your right I have a work permit and have been advised to change the stamp.

Thanks again all..

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1