Pb&j: Peanut Butter And Jelly Sandwiches ... The Definitive Poll

Jingthing

American classic food: PB&J  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't spit it out like I would have if it had been vegemite, but wouldn't make it a regular menu item either!

Salmon and peanut butter doesn't sound very good, but I would take it over vegemite any time.

Yeah, Nova style lox maybe not. But if smoked duck works maybe some COLD smoked Pacific Northwest style salmon would work as well, with the pepper jelly of course. I reckon it would.

Keep your peanut butter and jelly away from my smoked salmon

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy it but I really think adding butter is not common.

I've been doing it that way for so many years that is probably why it seems normal to me. Now if we were talking margarine than I would fully agree that is just wrong. biggrin.png

I use marg and Marmite when I make mine!!! ....thumbsup.gif has to be crunchy peanut butter.... adding some sharp cheddar cheese is good too ... wink.pngYummy !!!

Smooth Skippy and huckleberry preserves is the way to do it. I will use blackberry or boysenberry jam in a pinch, though.

But here is the kicker. I add Miracle Whip to mine. I've been doing it since I was a kid, but then went years before making a PB, J, and MW sandwich until I came to Thailand. Now, this or a scrambled egg sandwich is my emergency meal when I don't want to cook.

I make meatball subs or salami subs more often, but that takes a trip to Villa or St. Etoile for the baguettes whereas I can get the sandwich bread at the local 7-11.

Smooth Skippy and huckleberry preserves is the way to do it. I will use blackberry or boysenberry jam in a pinch, though.

But here is the kicker. I add Miracle Whip to mine. I've been doing it since I was a kid, but then went years before making a PB, J, and MW sandwich until I came to Thailand. Now, this or a scrambled egg sandwich is my emergency meal when I don't want to cook.

I make meatball subs or salami subs more often, but that takes a trip to Villa or St. Etoile for the baguettes whereas I can get the sandwich bread at the local 7-11.

Miracle Whip? Wow. Dirty laundry city here.