Choosing A Tablet

canuckamuck

In the Apple Store (iTunes) you don't need a VPN, you just need a US-based account. You can just create a free one. For paid content you need a US based credit card. Services like Shipito offer US based credit card services as well.

IMO this makes more sense than IP detection - what if I'm overseas ... I can't buy stuff?

This whole mess comes from the outdated business models of the content owners. They can't adapt to a world where everyone can access everything via the internet.

I don't know if anyone else has used this company, but I've bought a good few items from them (albeit they don't ship them in one go, but they don't charge you extra for the privilege).

Anyway, if you want to buy from source, they are an option, but what's of more interest is the number of different tablets they have for sale: 466!

Of course the majority of these will be crap (some of them run 1.6!), but if you see something you like you can always google it and find out more.

http://dx.com/c/laptops-tablets-1499/tablets-1409

In the Apple Store (iTunes) you don't need a VPN, you just need a US-based account. You can just create a free one. For paid content you need a US based credit card. Services like Shipito offer US based credit card services as well.

IMO this makes more sense than IP detection - what if I'm overseas ... I can't buy stuff?

This whole mess comes from the outdated business models of the content owners. They can't adapt to a world where everyone can access everything via the internet.

I'm sure businesses, even businesses who sell digital entrainment product/services over the internet, would like to operate in/offer their content to every country on Earth. Unfortunately, business models must also comply with laws of other countries...restrictions on doing business with certain countries based on their home country laws....and I expect sometimes some businesses just don't want business from certain countries due to various reasons such as excessive fraud, copyright violations, corruption, etc. Yeap, I'm sure Google, Apple, etc., would be selling content in every country on Earth tomorrow if there were not laws and other factors holding them back.

Additionally, on the iTunes main page I see they have this notice regarding purchases:

Quote:

To learn how Apple safeguards your personal information, please review the Apple Customer Privacy policy.

iTunes is licensed for reproduction of noncopyrighted materials or materials the user is legally permitted to reproduce.

Purchases from the iTunes Store are available only in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. The iTunes Store #1 music download store according to Nielsen SoundScan. See Terms of Sale.

End Quote

Edited by Pib

Anyone got any thoughts on the Upad U801, currently available for under 4000 baht at Big C?

Can you play with one in big c? If yes then you can quickly see if it's responsive and screen nice.

I was able to have a good game of Angry Birds when I played with it in Big C so the screen seemed nice and responsive. I did have problems hitting the right letters on the keyboard but that may be because I'm not used to typing like that. Maybe it would be better if turned horizontal.

I played with one for about 10 minutes at Big C today. It runs ICS 4.0.4. Considering it's a 3990 baht tablet (normal price...not onsale) I didn't have any complaints. Like most tablets I've seen to date in this price range you need the brightness level turned all the way up...then you still wish you had a little more brightness. It did have Google Play installed, but since there was no Wifi connection available I couldn't temporarily logon to my Google Play account to see what Apps/compatibility was shown.

• Like 1

I was able to have a good game of Angry Birds when I played with it in Big C so the screen seemed nice and responsive. I did have problems hitting the right letters on the keyboard but that may be because I'm not used to typing like that. Maybe it would be better if turned horizontal.

I too have trouble with the default keyboard (it looked so simple when the girl who sold it to me so deftly set things up with her delicate little fingers) but there are other keyboards you can download free from Google Play -- Hacker's Keyboard does it for me.

One of the things about these cheapo Android tabs is there is a good chance you may not be able to (or want to try to) upgrade to a newer version of the OS. It seems Samsung is addressing this for their products, but for the nameless Chinese tablets...

I'm wondering what the remaining ICS 4.0.3 tablets will be selling for a year from now.

In the Apple Store (iTunes) you don't need a VPN, you just need a US-based account. You can just create a free one. For paid content you need a US based credit card. Services like Shipito offer US based credit card services as well.IMO this makes more sense than IP detection - what if I'm overseas ... I can't buy stuff?This whole mess comes from the outdated business models of the content owners. They can't adapt to a world where everyone can access everything via the internet.

I'm sure businesses, even businesses who sell digital entrainment product/services over the internet, would like to operate in/offer their content to every country on Earth. Unfortunately, business models must also comply with laws of other countries...restrictions on doing business with certain countries based on their home country laws....and I expect sometimes some businesses just don't want business from certain countries due to various reasons such as excessive fraud, copyright violations, corruption, etc.

Yeap, I'm sure Google, Apple, etc., would be selling content in every country on Earth tomorrow if there were not laws and other factors holding them back.

Yes, I access Itunes here via my U.S. account that's been registered with a U.S. credit card, and no VPN is required to access the account or access free content like podcasts and such.

I've also made online purchases, but have had trouble doing so from time to time (and the Apple web purchasing system doesn't give much/any explanation of why). But I only rarely buy anything via ITunes, so I'm not expert on that.

But as for VPNs, I've recently come across a nice and free service called TunnelBear that offers both U.S. and UK VPN access, up to 500 MBs of data each month under their free accounts, and then more with their paid accounts options. Available in both desktop and Android versions. I've installed both and they're easy to use and work fine. It's not the fastest, but certainly acceptable, especially for only sporadic users/uses.

http://www.tunnelbear.com/pricing/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

In the Apple Store (iTunes) you don't need a VPN, you just need a US-based account. You can just create a free one. For paid content you need a US based credit card. Services like Shipito offer US based credit card services as well.IMO this makes more sense than IP detection - what if I'm overseas ... I can't buy stuff?This whole mess comes from the outdated business models of the content owners. They can't adapt to a world where everyone can access everything via the internet.

I'm sure businesses, even businesses who sell digital entrainment product/services over the internet, would like to operate in/offer their content to every country on Earth. Unfortunately, business models must also comply with laws of other countries...restrictions on doing business with certain countries based on their home country laws....and I expect sometimes some businesses just don't want business from certain countries due to various reasons such as excessive fraud, copyright violations, corruption, etc.

Yeap, I'm sure Google, Apple, etc., would be selling content in every country on Earth tomorrow if there were not laws and other factors holding them back.

Yes, I access Itunes here via my U.S. account that's been registered with a U.S. credit card, and no VPN is required to access the account or access free content like podcasts and such.

I've also made online purchases, but have had trouble doing so from time to time (and the Apple web purchasing system doesn't give much/any explanation of why). But I only rarely buy anything via ITunes, so I'm not expert on that.

But as for VPNs, I've recently come across a nice and free service called TunnelBear that offers both U.S. and UK VPN access, up to 500 MBs of data each month under their free accounts, and then more with their paid accounts options. Available in both desktop and Android versions. I've installed both and they're easy to use and work fine. It's not the fastest, but certainly acceptable, especially for only sporadic users/uses.

This is pretty much directed to Pib and TallGuy; would you discuss more thoroughly VPN's, their advantages, disadvantages, free ones as opposed to pay and what too look for.

There is a pinned discussion about VPN's but it is more than 2 years since the last post attached to it so not very up to date.

It would probably be best to open it as a new topic so as not to derail this tablet discussion.

Thanks to both of you for the thought you have put into this topic.

There is a pinned discussion about VPN's but it is more than 2 years since the last post attached to it so not very up to date.

The pinned topic is still valid as it is just a technical discussion of what they are. I would say the biggest weakness with 'free' versions is security and if the company will be around much longer. The latter may not be of importance as there will always be new free versions popping up. Personally I use a paid version, StrongVPN for around $54 USD per year. If you wish to start a recommended VPN topic that could be useful and I can add a link to it from my pinned topic.

This is pretty much directed to Pib and TallGuy; would you discuss more thoroughly VPN's, their advantages, disadvantages, free ones as opposed to pay and what too look for.

It would probably be best to open it as a new topic so as not to derail this tablet discussion.

Thanks to both of you for the thought you have put into this topic.

Actually, there's much more recent discussions on the different VPN services and such...

Re UK providers:

http://www.thaivisa....k-vpn-provider/

And this one is more U.S. oriented:

http://www.thaivisa....pn#entry5723588

If you'd like, post in the U.S. one of just what exactly you'd like to know, or looking to do, and we can go from there...

[but as for VPNs, I've recently come across a nice and free service called TunnelBear that offers both U.S. and UK VPN access, up to 500 MBs of data each month under their free accounts, and then more with their paid accounts options. Available in both desktop and Android versions. I've installed both and they're easy to use and work fine. It's not the fastest, but certainly acceptable, especially for only sporadic users/uses.

TallGuy,

Thanks. I just signed up for the free account good for 500Mb per month. I see they also have paid accounts when you can get unlimited data and other benefits. I also see it uses OpenVPN which means it must download some OpenVPN software about 14Mb in size to your computer which I did (setup was piece of cake)....the Android App is around 13Mb in size....expect the Apple App is about the same size.....and Tunnelbear provides U.S. and U.K. IP addresses. I see their U.S. IP is out of Trenton/Detroit, Michigan. With True proxy turned on the TunnelBear will make it basic connection but I can't reach any websites; but turn off the True proxy and I can. Also, my Outlook won't connect to Gmail.com with the TunnerlBear VPN turned on...I also got some email notices from Gmail.com saying they had rejected the logon and take certain steps if it wasn't me....that was just gmail noticing I was logging on from a IP address that may not be me....that has happened to me before a couple of years back when switching back and forth between a VPN and non-VPN connection...maybe it was when I first started using StrongVPN. My StrongVPN PPTP VPN account works with or without the True proxy setting...my Outlook also works on StrongVPN...hopefully I can get TunnelBear VPN to also work; can't speak to the StrongVPN OpenVPN version as I don't have it. And since I use the StrongVPN PPTP version it don't need to add any additional software to your computer nor your tablet/smartphone as Android/IOS/Windows already has the required programming built-in.

Did four testmy.net speed tests to their Central U.S. server around 2:30pm and for download speed I got one 398Kb result, one 400Kb result, one 2.0Mb result, and one 2.2Mb result.

I'll keep this Tunnelbear free VPN account which gives me 500Mb free/month in my hip-pocket as backup to my StrongVPN account which I pay $55/year for unlimited data. ThaiVisa still moved along just fine.

OK, enough about VPN on this thread...but your post just identified a free VPN service for folks to put on their tablets/computers which can help in getting Apps/Music/Books/Video/etc. For the Android tablet/smartphone it will need to be running ICS 4.0 or later...which means it won't run on my Galaxy Ace 2 smartphone which runs Gingerbread...but my Ace 2 is supposedly on the Samsung list to get the Jelly Bean upgrade so I should be able to run the Tunnelbear App when I get that Jelly Bean upgrade. For Apple folks, they need to be running IOS 5 or later. Thanks again.

Pib

P.S. Wrote/sent this post while connected via the TunnerBear VPN...guess this means my connection was from Bangkok to Michigan to the ThaiVisa's Singapore server. ThaiVisa continued to respond pretty much normally via this halfway around the world boomerang connection.

Edited by Pib

Update to above regarding not working with my email client Outlook in not being able to log-on to Gmail with the TunnelBear VPN...all four of my gmail accounts couldn't be reached. I got a suspicious activity notice from gmail on on four accounts. If it was indeed me then to log-on to gmail via the web and follow a couple of steps...I did that which was basically confirming to gmail the OpenVPN application/Michigan IP address gmail was sensing as the log-on point was indeed "me" attempting a log-on. I did the confirmation...Outlook now works fine to logon to gmail via TunnerBear.

Hi Pib.. Yes, I get those same kind of Google ID confirmation prompts sometimes, particularly when I've gone from logging in locally (BKK) and then switched to a VPN or proxy log-in the next time... Just wants to confirm that I'm really me...

As for TunnelBear, just to keep in line with what you're saying, it doesn't work fast enough for me to support normal, active stutter-free video streaming for me from outside Thailand. For more important/critical uses, like you and Tywais, I keep a different, faster paid account.

But, for occasional uses like the one mentioned above (needing to establish a U.S. IP address just in order to facilitate an online purchase or access a restricted website or even probably for some of the music streaming services), in my experience, it works perfectly fine.

It's secure, it's password protected, it's using Open VPN technology, offers U.S. and UK location access, and all of that comes for free...up to 500 MB per month. Hard to argue with that, and it's a good example of a so-called "freemium" service -- a certain level of service for free and then higher/better levels of service for a price.

With all this discussion about tablets here, I was looking at Amazon.com this afternoon and saw their ranking of the top-selling electronics products right now on Amazon.

Oddly, the list didn't seem to include the new Kindle Fire HD, and it's not clear that Amazon includes their own Kindle products in those Amazon sales rankings. But the list below did have a lot of tablets (I deleted out the non-tablet products from the top 20 list)....

I get a daily email from Amazon with various of their offers and specials. And every day now for the past week, the Amazon email I receive has been advertising their deal on the 8 GB Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 in. Wifi for $199, but no mention of Amazon's own Kindle HD line in those same Amazon emails. Seems kind of odd to me...

Best Sellers in Computers & Accessories

51dSzb4rFoL._SL160_SL160_.jpg

1.201 days in the top 100

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7-Inch, Wi-Fi)

by Samsung

4.1 out of 5 stars (544)

List Price: $249.99

Price: $199.00

51DrBC7od6L._SL160_SL160_.jpg

3.100 days in the top 100

Google Nexus 7 Tablet (16 GB)

by Asus

4.0 out of 5 stars (229)

Price: $254.19

41vBhL9igOL._SL160_SL160_.jpg

4.416 days in the top 100

PanDigital 72-70FW 7-Inch Tablet Computer - White

by PanDigital

3.2 out of 5 stars (457)

List Price: $299.99

Price: $66.95

51IDvOzH0XL._SL160_SL160_.jpg

5.179 days in the top 100

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1-Inch, Wi-Fi)

by Samsung

4.1 out of 5 stars (168)

List Price: $399.99

Price: $349.00

41Yisrlx%2BFL._SL160_SL160_.jpg

9.588 days in the top 100

Apple iPad 2 MC769LL/A Tablet (16GB, WiFi, Black) 2nd Generation

by Apple

4.3 out of 5 stars (1,066)

Price: $418.00

41Yisrlx%2BFL._SL160_SL160_.jpg

11. 587 days in the top 100

Apple iPad 2 MC979LL/A Tablet (16GB, Wifi, White) 2nd Generation

by Apple

4.3 out of 5 stars (1,066)

Price: $414.00

315hmfRG83L._SL160_SL160_.jpg

12.223 days in the top 100

Apple iPad MD328LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, White)

by Apple

4.3 out of 5 stars (429)

List Price: $499.00

Price: $497.99

31OCc6C5ksL._SL160_SL160_.jpg

13.223 days in the top 100

Apple iPad MC705LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black)

by Apple

4.3 out of 5 stars (429)

List Price: $499.00

Price: $491.95

41tRu9y2rJL._SL160_SL160_.jpg

20.107 days in the top 100

ASUS TF700T-B1-GR 10.1-Inch Tablet (Gray)

by Asus

4.0 out of 5 stars (283)

List Price: $499.99

Price: $488.00

Hi Pib.. Yes, I get those same kind of Google ID confirmation prompts sometimes, particularly when I've gone from logging in locally (BKK) and then switched to a VPN or proxy log-in the next time... Just wants to confirm that I'm really me...

As for TunnelBear, just to keep in line with what you're saying, it doesn't work fast enough for me to support normal, active stutter-free video streaming for me from outside Thailand. For more important/critical uses, like you and Tywais, I keep a different, faster paid account.

But, for occasional uses like the one mentioned above (needing to establish a U.S. IP address just in order to facilitate an online purchase or access a restricted website or even probably for some of the music streaming services), in my experience, it works perfectly fine.

It's secure, it's password protected, it's using Open VPN technology, offers U.S. and UK location access, and all of that comes for free...up to 500 MB per month. Hard to argue with that, and it's a good example of a so-called "freemium" service -- a certain level of service for free and then higher/better levels of service for a price.

Yeap, couldn't agree more. If using a data-limited free VPN connection, like the TunnelBear free 500Mb/month account, it really wouldn't take too long to use that amount up on a PC-type computer...heck, I'm already down to 455Mb left after doing just 30 minutes or so of surfing.

But on a tablet/smartphone a person would use about half as much data compared to a PC when surfing. But regardless of what platform you are on, start doing streaming video, file downloads, etc., and that 500Mb allotment could be gone before you know it....but just for normal browsing-type activities where you need a US or UK IP address it should be more than enough. I don't use a VPN connection all that often...and about the only time I use a VPN connection on my smartphone is when using the GrooVeIP VOIP App via my home Wifi connection; otherwise, the GrooVeIP App won't always work for inbound calls.

And like you said it's a free VPN connection...it can really come in handy on tablets/smartphones/PCs.

If you want to see a truckload of Chinese tablets go this site: Link. You can narrow down your search/review on the site by selecting certain technical characteristics. So many tablets out there with a lot of them made by company XYZ but sold under another name....I expect a lot of the low cost tablets are made by the same company, have the same guts, but only the name on the tablet case and packaging box is different.

One thing I'm going to continue to do when I see a low cost tablet I might want to buy is to see if I can find a web site for the tablets which offers some support like manuals, firmware updates, etc. A few low cost tablets I've researched I've been unable to find any support web sites...it seems like whatever you get in the tablet box and whatever firmware is loaded on the tablet when you buy it could very well be the sum-total of your support (present and future), except maybe an address to get warranty repair.

And like you said it's a free VPN connection...it can really come in handy on tablets/smartphones/PCs.

Especially an an app on the mobile phones or tablets, because the VPN function (apart from its locational advantage) also would provide safe and secured web surfing if one's out around town and using some open Wifi spot in the local mall or coffee house, etc etc.

Was at Lotus today and saw they are having a promotion on various tablets. Since I'm interested in getting a 10 inch Android tab this AndroPad TA11 caught my eye....runnng ICS 4.0, 1024x760 resolution, Wifi model, 1.2Ghz CPU, 1GB RAM, 8GB storage, microSD slot....see this Link for more specifications. And when at this AndroPad web site when switching between the Thai and English pages you may get different info....like on the Thai language page under Download you will see a Manual and Firmware downloads; but not when selecting the English language page.

Normal price at Lotus B6,990; sale price B5,990 through 28 Nov 12. If it's like most items on sale at Lotus they will be sold out way before the promotion ends as they never seem to have enough of sale items.

Edited by Pib

Was at Lotus today and saw they are having a promotion on various tablets. Since I'm interested in getting a 10 inch Android tab this AndroPad TA11 caught my eye....runnng ICS 4.0, 1024x760 resolution, Wifi model, 1.2Ghz CPU, 1GB RAM, 8GB storage, microSD slot....see this Link for more specifications. And when at this AndroPad web site when switching between the Thai and English pages you may get different info....like on the Thai language page under Download you will see a Manual and Firmware downloads; but not when selecting the English language page.

Normal price at Lotus B6,990; sale price B5,990 through 28 Nov 12. If it's like most items on sale at Lotus they will be sold out way before the promotion ends as they never seem to have enough of sale items.

That's very cheap, did you have a play with one? I might pay Lotus a visit tomorrow and see it I can try one, thanks for the tip.

Was at Lotus today and saw they are having a promotion on various tablets. Since I'm interested in getting a 10 inch Android tab this AndroPad TA11 caught my eye....runnng ICS 4.0, 1024x760 resolution, Wifi model, 1.2Ghz CPU, 1GB RAM, 8GB storage, microSD slot....see this Link for more specifications. And when at this AndroPad web site when switching between the Thai and English pages you may get different info....like on the Thai language page under Download you will see a Manual and Firmware downloads; but not when selecting the English language page. Normal price at Lotus B6,990; sale price B5,990 through 28 Nov 12. If it's like most items on sale at Lotus they will be sold out way before the promotion ends as they never seem to have enough of sale items.
That's very cheap, did you have a play with one? I might pay Lotus a visit tomorrow and see it I can try one, thanks for the tip.

No, I didn't get to play with one...didn't see any on display...only ones in boxes. On the box you'll see that apparently the FourSystems Company here in Thailand is the wholeseller/parent company for these AndroPad's. Here's their website Link. And click on this Link and it will hopefully show the specs of the TA11....but as we all know good specs may not translate to a good tablet.

But hey, it costs less than 6,000 baht and comes with a year's warranty...expect warranty repair is provided at their Bangkok location...a contact address/map is on the FourSystems webpage...then again maybe the warranty repair is provided at the location on the AndroPad weblink...when product web pages don't have much (or any) English with their packaging/websites it can be hard to figure out without someone knowing Thai helping out. After watching a few YouTube unboxing video's on the TA11 and other TA models, it appears AndroPad's only comes with a short and sweet Thai language manual (not that the paper manual is really important), but I expect the tablet itself you can set to dozens of different languages to include selection from several versions of English based on what I've seen with every tablet I've played with, be it an expensive or low cost tablet....I guess the language support is really part of the Android operating system vs any special add-on the manufacturer may include.

Edited by Pib

The Ta11 seems to be a clone/brother/sister of my Sanei N90.

Exactly the same specs (A10 [email protected] Ghz) and even the housing looks identical.

I bought mine a few months ago in Tukcom for ~6100 Baht. 16 GB memory.

A hardcover with keyboard and the OTG adapter were included.

After replacing the crappy and slowly stock firmware (ICS 4.0.3) with AOKP (ICS 4.0.4), it's a nice device for small money.

There is also a JB 4.1.2 firmware, based on CM10 available. (Didn't try it)

Edited by roban

I just played around with a Ta11 in Lotus in North Pattaya and I must say that I am pretty impressed (for the 6 k bath), the screen is very responsive and the language was set to english and I could see what android apps they had added from the i-net and it was many.

Sadly they didn't have any movies on it so I can't really tell how good the almost HD screen is.

Now roban in post 140 mention that he bought a 16gb device in tukcom for 6100 bath, roban can you tell me which floor this shop is located on and shop name, I would like to go look, thanks in advance.

Exactly the same specs (A10 [email protected] Ghz) and even the housing looks identical.

After replacing the crappy and slowly stock firmware (ICS 4.0.3) with AOKP (ICS 4.0.4), it's a nice device for small money.

Seems there is endless number of Chinese-made Android tablets sold under hundreds of different trade names, but I expect the great majority of them are made by only a few dozen (or less) Chinese manufacturers. I read an article the other day that the Chinese company Foxcomm made 62% of the tablets last year with 40% of that being the Apple Ipads.

Heck, I expect any of us could go on contract with some Chinese manufacturer to built a tablet with any case and name on the case desired.. That gives me an idea....I think I will ask Foxcomm to built me 10,000 tablets using the AndroPad TA11 specs, but I will name it the PibTab 11....selling price to be determined....I keep you all informed when it becomes available and the price....it won't be running ICS 4.0....I'll have my own version of Android running on it called Peanut Butter 5.0 . tongue.png

• Like 2

I just played around with a Ta11 in Lotus in North Pattaya and I must say that I am pretty impressed (for the 6 k bath), the screen is very responsive and the language was set to english and I could see what android apps they had added from the i-net and it was many.

Sadly they didn't have any movies on it so I can't really tell how good the almost HD screen is.

Now roban in post 140 mention that he bought a 16gb device in tukcom for 6100 bath, roban can you tell me which floor this shop is located on and shop name, I would like to go look, thanks in advance.

Do you remember if the AndroPad had Google Play (a.k.a., Google Market) loaded? If it did then hopefully it's the real Google Play App versus a manufacturer "tweaked" version and properly interfaces with Google Play which means access to over 600,000 Apps and Google Play will automatically keep your installed Apps updated if desired. I would much prefer to get my Apps off Google Play versus having to side-load them & manually keeping them up to date or using some other App market site.

Do you remember if the AndroPad had Google Play (a.k.a., Google Market) loaded? If it did then hopefully it's the real Google Play App versus a manufacturer "tweaked" version and properly interfaces with Google Play which means access to over 600,000 Apps and Google Play will automatically keep your installed Apps updated if desired. I would much prefer to get my Apps off Google Play versus having to side-load them & manually keeping them up to date or using some other App market site.

No I didn't notice, my wife was with me and she have zero-zilch-0 interest in tablets so I was pushed for time, he-he.

I might go look for the Chinese "sister" in Tukcom and I will check if it's loaded on that one.

roban can you tell me which floor this shop is located on and shop name, I would like to go look, thanks in advance.

The shop is located on the first floor near the escalators, where all the phone shops are.

The Name of the shop is "Kung Mobile" 087-9340093.

These tablets are already rooted by the manufacturer.

My friend bought the same device and it was also rooted.

And yes, it came preinstalled with the original Google Play (and a lot of useless other crap software)

Edited by roban

roban can you tell me which floor this shop is located on and shop name, I would like to go look, thanks in advance.

The shop is located on the first floor near the escalators, where all the phone shops are.

And yes, it came preinstalled with the original Google Play (and a lot of useless other crap software)

Thanks man, I will go look later today.

Thanks man, I will go look later today.

Almost every kiosk on the 2nd floor of Tuccom is also selling cheap tablets.

Seems there is endless number of Chinese-made Android tablets sold under hundreds of different trade names, but I expect the great majority of them are made by only a few dozen (or less) Chinese manufacturers. I read an article the other day that the Chinese company Foxcomm made 62% of the tablets last year with 40% of that being the Apple Ipads.

Heck, I expect any of us could go on contract with some Chinese manufacturer to built a tablet with any case and name on the case desired.. That gives me an idea....I think I will ask Foxcomm to built me 10,000 tablets using the AndroPad TA11 specs, but I will name it the PibTab 11....selling price to be determined....I keep you all informed when it becomes available and the price....it won't be running ICS 4.0....I'll have my own version of Android running on it called Peanut Butter 5.0 . tongue.png

There are several YouTube videos showing tablet assembly lines..

Surprisingly low tech.

Hey Pib, you can go to ALIEXPRESS and buy 10,000 tablets with your name and logo and have them in 2 weeks. You and your family can sell them on the beach or give them to the ubiquitous watch sellers on Soi Cowboy.