Shipping Regular Items Out Of Thailand ?

I am interested in shipping regular small items/packages out of Thailand for export.

BUT ...... as i have learnt through browsing this forum (amongst others) this is NOT a viable long term proposition because Customs (tax man/police?) would eventually knock on your door asking for his cut (unless of course you were legally registered as a business).

My question is therefore: how would they know where you live in Thailand? Is there some special procedure when posting the item that links the package to you?

If sending EMS an as example your name address has to be stated as the "sender".

Registered Airmail does not require this, however you are required to attach and complete a "customs" declaration stating content and value which is what determines if any import dutyTax is applicable.This same declaration also forms part of the EMS attachment.

If you were sending many parcel every week from the same Post Office there is a chance someone may report you but personally I would doubt it. Unless of course you pi** someone off and they are watching you.

Edited by CharlieH

If sending EMS an as example your name address has to be stated as the "sender".

Registered Airmail does not require this, however you are required to attach and complete a "customs" declaration stating content and value which is what determines if any import dutyTax is applicable.This same declaration also forms part of the EMS attachment.

If you were sending many parcel every week from the same Post Office there is a chance someone may report you but personally I would doubt it. Unless of course you pi** someone off and they are watching you.

If i wanted to just mail a couple of homemade cds of music to a friend in the usa are there any customs hassles involved or does it just go straight through???

If i wanted to just mail a couple of homemade cds of music to a friend in the usa are there any customs hassles involved or does it just go straight through???

There's no reason for anything to get delayed. I post things all the time. Surely customs is charged on arrival in a country, not on exit.

There's no reason for anything to get delayed. I post things all the time. Surely customs is charged on arrival in a country, not on exit.

Is that so?

Is that so?

I would assume so too. Just like things get taxed once they enter the country.

Customs is difference from income tax