Best Barbecued Chicken In Hua Hin?

thomasbkk

Actually, I like the chicken roasted on a spit at the little franchised booths all around town. As for barbecued, I'm not sure, but there is a restaurant on the east side of the road beside the railroad tracks about halfway between the station and soi 88 (beside Kim's Kitchen) that only serves chicken. They make it in many ways (although I don't remember if or what the barbecued variety is like) and they serve excellent "gai" meals. The name is only in Thai and it is completely covered in greenery so that it looks like you are going into a jungle cave with the door the only entrance through the bushes.

• Like 1

The chicken shop HHF mentions is only open in the daytime.

There is a very popular spot with Thais on Petchakasem Road just after the Grand Night Market when heading out of town. It's a roadside plastic stool jobby but always full of customers. I've eaten there a couple of times. Half or whole chicken, shell fish and a few other dishes.

The chicken shop HHF mentions is only open in the daytime.

There is a very popular spot with Thais on Petchakasem Road just after the Grand Night Market when heading out of town. It's a roadside plastic stool jobby but always full of customers. I've eaten there a couple of times. Half or whole chicken, shell fish and a few other dishes.

I've only been to that Chicken Restaurant on the railroad soi at lunch so YorkshireTyke is probably correct. I forgot about the other one he mentioned. I've never eaten there but my wife (who goes to the Grand Market a lot) has eaten there often and has mentioned it being very good. It's on the sidewalk just south of the market.

The spot Yorkshire Tyke mentions is on the right side going south, it occupies the forecourt of the TMB bank so just look for the tall red and blue TMB sign and the plume of smoke. Gai Yang Isaan, grilled with seasonings.

They set up from about 5:30pm and are shut on Tuesdays. First time I went there about 2006 they had two wood tables and they were BBQing over an old oil drum cut in half. Half a chicken (no wings! sold separately) is 100 baht and they also do whole fish, shellfish, som tam, khao niaw, pork.

Take away is available also and often when its busy you will get it before tables do. Put it under your motorbike seat and its still hot when you get home where you can then have as many beers as you like.

Edited by johnnyk
  • Like 2