2013 Ducati Made In Thailand

yankee99

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG... what a price. This is absolutely excellent, may be even better of a value than the Monster 795!

I am guessing the SP is imported & the others made here...

Anyone know if it has ABS? It's standard on the Hyper on the Ducati page but you never know...

I agree it's a fantastic price, I'll be interested to see if it has the single sided swingarm or if they go with the cheaper double sided version as they did with the Monster 795.

Also be interesting to see if they lower the seat height for the Asian market as they did with the 795 vs. the 796 Monster. I think the standard version of the HyperMotard is around 35 inches tall, which is extremely tall even in the western market.

Anyone know when they'll hit the showrooms?

Here are the photos of the bikes.

Yes it has single swingarm.

They said they will send these show models to the factory but bring back again soon.

You can book one now.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-184955-13813307443937_thumb.jpg

post-184955-138133076315_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13813307811615_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13813307962381_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13813308109592_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13813308303821_thumb.jpg

Afaik the strada is lower so maybe thats the idea. The hypermotard looks awesome, the hyperstrada would be a perfect upgrade to my Versys - same weight, twice the HP...

As for differences the strada is made for touring - I believe it has a different engine set-up but not sure if its as different as an ER-6 to a Versys. If anyone knows, would be interesting. Edit: I was wrong, apparently no difference.

The strada also has a better rear suspension. And less fork travel in the front, perhaps to make it lower?

And obviously the bags & windscreen.

After reading the reviews, sounds like the base hyper with a windscreen and better seat added on would be the perfect combination. Ferrari station wagon.

Edited by nikster

nice but i will wait until the first thais cant handle either the bike or its payments shouldnt take too long clap2.gif

Trouble is by that point they've put 100k baht of bling on it and are expecting to recover 95% of their total outlay...

I'm going to Ducati to see the Monster 795 ABS this weekend, hoping they've got a Hypermoto there to look at while I'm in there.

I decided against purchasing a Ducati.

Renting one for a thrill a few times a year is my plan.

Concerned about Thai mechanics doing service for one.

Second, depreciation is about 20%?

You can do a whole lot of renting for that kind of money.

The no headache way to enjoy Ducati.

When I bought my Diavel the Cromo was the cheapest model that they had, they had already discontinued the Black, and it was 999,000 baht. Now I see that they have the Dark for 868,000 but the Carbon Red is about the same price as the Carbon was last year. I wonder what the difference is with the Cromo and the Dark? I know the Cromo had better wheels and seat.

As for the twenty percent depreciation someone mentioned, I bought my 795 for 400,000 and sold it for 350,000 one year later, I hope my Diavel does half as good.