Fire Fox's Bookmarks

cnnaing

hi..

i'm trying to recover my old HDD. My precious Fire Fox's bookmarks are missing. In my new HDD, I installed new OS(XP) and everything is fresh copy. i searched FF's bookmarks in my old hdd. Help me... somebody.. where can i get it from?

i'm trying to recover my old HDD. My precious Fire Fox's bookmarks are missing. In my new HDD, I installed new OS(XP) and everything is fresh copy. i searched FF's bookmarks in my old hdd. Help me... somebody.. where can i get it from?
The file you’re looking for is bookmarks.html. On my PC, it got placed by default in a subfolder of “c:\documents and settings”. If you cannot recover it from your old hard disk and if you have no backup copy, consider it gone forever.

--------------

Maestro

yeah.. sure.. it is hidden and from "documents and settings". i found it but i means favourite links like IE.
What is “favorites” to IE is “bookmarks.html” to Firefox. All the bookmarks you imported from IE to Firefox and all bookmarks you subsequently added in Firefox are in bookmarks.html and, in the same folder, in bookmarks.bak and nowhere else, as far as I know.

--------------

Maestro

Maestro is correct, it is called "bookmarks.html" and is located (normally) here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\o65b4oej.default

Where the items in bold depend on the user name and the associated profile name.