Cheap (But Nice) Hotels In Bangkok

ourshuar

passed by the gate of Ekamai=Sukh63, 1 stop by BTS away-opposite busstation yesterday eve and saw at least 5-some advertising ''from 890'', but forgot their name already. on booking.com-linked to agoda and all that is so parrotted here-are good maps-also showing next by alternatives.

whistling.gif There's a small (6 floors) hotel on Sukhumvit soi 39 in a Japanese area.

Price 1200 baht per night with continental breakfast included. Fresh Thai fruit for breakfast in mornings.

Hotel is non smoking (and they enforce that).

Less than 50 meters down soi 39 from Sukhumvit road

Disadvantages:

Very small rooms.

No place to unpack your bags and put clothes.

Near construction and very noisy until very late at night.

Difficult to find. look for a sign that says "Recycle biasto and Spa" (whatever that means)

Staff is friendly but speaks little English, so be prepared to carefully explain exactly what you want.

Advantages:

New and very clean.

Nice area, Japanese and Korean restaurants near by.

Many carts selling fresh Thai food/fruit near hotel.

Japanese shop just across the soi will do you a Japanese Rice and Sushi packed dinner, Order in the morning when you go out and pick up Sushi/Rice meal in afternoon when you return.

A Thai massage/massage school in same area less than 20 meters from hotel entrance.

They advertise "outside service available".

32 inch LCD television with sattelite channels in room. (only 3 in English, however)

Not sure if advantage or disadvantage:

Caters mainly to Asian tourists (Japan, China, Korean) so think Tokyo style.

Most rooms have double beds only so if you are sharing room with a partner, hope you are "friendly".

Can't tell you the name (rules say can't plug commercial places on this forum) but the name begins with Nan and ends with tra.

I liked it, but I can see where others wouldn't like it.

wink.png

Forgot to add....very close to Emporium (opposite side of Sukhumvit road)

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Nantra de Comfort - Thonglor (between Soi 5 & 7)

Their deluxe rooms are around 900 baht per night. Newly refurbished, nice furniture, good free wifi and a free continental breakfast downstairs every morning. Opposite Thonglor Eight shopping (24 hour foodland in the basement). Walking distance to the excellent bar/restaurants at Seenspace 13 (Clouds, Fat'r'Gutz etc)

Not a big hotel, and not many features - but comfortable and well priced for a short stay.

Have stayed there several times.

They're on Agoda, or click through from the ThaiVisa hotels link.

whistling.gif There's a small (6 floors) hotel on Sukhumvit soi 39 in a Japanese area.

Price 1200 baht per night with continental breakfast included. Fresh Thai fruit for breakfast in mornings.

Hotel is non smoking (and they enforce that).

Less than 50 meters down soi 39 from Sukhumvit road

Disadvantages:

Very small rooms.

No place to unpack your bags and put clothes.

Near construction and very noisy until very late at night.

Difficult to find. look for a sign that says "Recycle biasto and Spa" (whatever that means)

Staff is friendly but speaks little English, so be prepared to carefully explain exactly what you want.

Advantages:

New and very clean.

Nice area, Japanese and Korean restaurants near by.

Many carts selling fresh Thai food/fruit near hotel.

Japanese shop just across the soi will do you a Japanese Rice and Sushi packed dinner, Order in the morning when you go out and pick up Sushi/Rice meal in afternoon when you return.

A Thai massage/massage school in same area less than 20 meters from hotel entrance.

They advertise "outside service available".

32 inch LCD television with sattelite channels in room. (only 3 in English, however)

Not sure if advantage or disadvantage:

Caters mainly to Asian tourists (Japan, China, Korean) so think Tokyo style.

Most rooms have double beds only so if you are sharing room with a partner, hope you are "friendly".

Can't tell you the name (rules say can't plug commercial places on this forum) but the name begins with Nan and ends with tra.

I liked it, but I can see where others wouldn't like it.

wink.png

Forgot to add....very close to Emporium (opposite side of Sukhumvit road)

Very Noisy till late at night, That sounds really good :-(. Cant imagine western

people could put up with that regardless of prices

well, you want on Sukumvit, which I do not know. But I do know Wong Wien Yai where we stay about 560 baht/ night for 2 adults. The 3rd adult will be an extra 100 baht. Isara City Hotel.

air con, queen size bed, tv, quiet, and they unlock your room door whenever you come in (no key is given). A family mart and local food vendor is right outside at the corner of the soi. A Robinson's mini mall about 12 min walk or so. A meter taxi to MBK/Siam Paragon is appx 90 baht when traffic is reasonable (moving with the occasional jam). It is about 20-30 baht for motorcycle taxi to Wong Wien Yai BTS station, or 30-50 baht for the tuk-tuk, depending on your foreigner status. Sometimes when you've been walking around all day in Paragon or wherever, you don't even argue over the 10 baht. If you get out on the 'wrong' side of the bts walking bridge, some of the tuks will add a 50 baht 'uturn fee' to the fare when they see your nationality. I suppose you could walk to the BTS station if you were motivated enough.

look on Agoda maybe a few listed this far out. On Soi 50 is a ok hotel but prices have been going up since I stayed there last, and sorry cannot remember name.

Don't look on Agoda, they have extra taxes in small print. the reason for the small print is the same with small print everywhere. The reason the print is small is because they are hoping you won't notice.

I just remembered, Hope Land Executive Residence Sukhumvit 46. It's probably the nearest to soi 71 on Sukhumvit, but the other side. I haven't stayed there though. Out of all of them, I would choose DS67 suites, as I have done for the last couple of years.

Nantra de Comfort - Thonglor (between Soi 5 & 7)

Their deluxe rooms are around 900 baht per night. Newly refurbished, nice furniture, good free wifi and a free continental breakfast downstairs every morning. Opposite Thonglor Eight shopping (24 hour foodland in the basement). Walking distance to the excellent bar/restaurants at Seenspace 13 (Clouds, Fat'r'Gutz etc)

Not a big hotel, and not many features - but comfortable and well priced for a short stay.

Have stayed there several times.

They're on Agoda, or click through from the ThaiVisa hotels link.

I looked up this Hotel and read the reviews, it seems like a good hotel i will book and go there on my next trip to Thailand, thank you for your posting.
  • Like 1

Nasa Vegas Hotel -- 445 baht on their website for the junior rooms. And it's on 44 Sukhumvit 71 too! If u book on agoda it's 378 baht but with fees it will still add up to 445. It's clean, and pretty decent, nothing fancy but i think nothing beats this price. One bus ride to Pratunam or to the train station (Hualamphong) or even to Morchit2. It's also a 25 minute taxi ride to the international airport and, it's right across the street to the Airport Link - Ramkhamhaeng Station. If you'd rather get a room right at the reception, you could pay 690 for the junior rooms...still it's cheap especially if you think about it's location.

Edited by maiagarri