Pitak Siam Rally Security A Major Headache For Thai Govt

webfact

The other newspaper also mentions that the Constitutional Court has accepted petitions to order Pitak Siam to call off their rally. Petitions were filed by former senator Ruangkrai Leekijwattana, Pheu Thai Party member Singthong Buachum and lawyer Nuengdin Wimuttinant. The petitions cited Section 68 of the constitution.

In another democratic event Surachet Chaikosol, an Ayutthaya-based red shirt leader and adviser to Transport Minister Chatchart Sittipan has paid for and erected some billboards with a nice image of our PM and k. Thaksin. It seems he signed with "my family is red".

A major headache.

BTW the article, mentioned by our esteemed member jayboy, with the ABAC poll which was reported on the 28th of October, doesn't have 94% of the Bangkok respondents being against the Saturday rally. It's more that percentage against a coup. Actually it seems 62.6% thought political rallies were a good and normal practice in a democracy while 37.4% disagreed, reasoning they could bring about unrest.

It would have been useful if you had made it clear that my post mentioning the 94% figure was completely accurate based on the other paper November article (the one I was referring to) which you were kind enough to pm me.

An interesting misunderstanding, dear jayboy. You referred to what someone said about the ABAC poll, I referred to the description of the poll. Just a different approach wink.png

I'm not sure there was any misunderstanding or a different approach.I saw a current article in the other paper which I accurately summarised expressing no opinion.(Usual suspects' claims I made it up have been removed).The earlier article you identified was helpful in providing context but I wasn't having a debate (I'm sceptical about ABAC as you know).I was just pointing out there was a relevant article - that's all.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic