Local Elections In Chonburi On Dec.2Nd ?

thecyclist

Planning a trip to Pattaya this coming weekend.while biking around Chonburi a week ago I noticed election posters for some 2nd of December local election in some parts of Chonburi(and Rayong too). Wondering whether there is gonna be one in Pattaya city-don't wanna arrive there and find out that all the bars are closed.

I guess ( hope) the election is for the small subdistrict administrations, Orbotors (sp.) , as they are driving around daily in my area with blaring speakers for almost 2 months.

They better should spend the money of their campaigns on community services or repairing the roads as they become roadless with the deep potholes.

Different parties are running slates of fifteen candidates, so it looks to be a city-wide election. Sometime within the last yr., there were by-elections in two districts, and bars city-wide were reported as being closed on the specified date. So, it is all but certain that the bars will be closed this time.

I called the TAT Pattaya, and they ensured me-for all that is worth-that there are no elections in Pattaya.

It could be that there are in some of the areas around Pattaya, like on the other side of Sukhumvit , but not in the city itself

TAT would probably be the last to know what is going on!

I called the TAT Pattaya, and they ensured me-for all that is worth-that there are no elections in Pattaya.

It could be that there are in some of the areas around Pattaya, like on the other side of Sukhumvit , but not in the city itself

As i said, it are probably the subdistricts since they are campaigning in my area for almost 2 months already.Subdistricts have nothing to do with Pattaya, they are a subdistrict of Banglamung.