Motogp 2013 + Sbk,bsb Motorbike Racing

Bluetongue

Hope you had a good day, at least it didn't rain. I guess it was a letdown for the Malaysians that Farmi couldn't start, But all the racing was pretty good, Dani likes Sepang, but Marc is almost home and away with the title now. What's happening to Redding its getting very close in Moto2, did you see the big crash? I was making a cup of tea so waiting for the replay on that.

I reckon I can make it next year, yeah I know sounds like a hollow promise but I am chafing at the bit for a bit of live action

Scott Redding in MotoGP next year CRT what ever happens. smile.png

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers.

Had a great day, a bit mad getting there and back to KL on public transport.

Atmosphere at the track was great, there were still a lot of seats although the tickets had been sold out for the grandstand area. Must be a safety thing.

Not a good day for the Brits but it was nice to see Dani win. We sat at the very end of the grandstand where the two straights are joined by the left hand hair pin before the start finish straight. Great views of the circuit and a nice cool breeze blowing across from the distance mountains. Few beers, great racing, sexy chicks, nice one !

In my group of 7, only 2 of us had been to watch any form of bike racing before so to say that my work mates were impressed is an understatement. I think I may have them hooked thumbsup.gif

Looking forward to Aus this week, should be good. Marc could win the title but I really do hope that it goes down to the final race of the season in Spain.

Scott, well, its getting close now. He has to stay in front Pol E. its as simple as that (says me sat in front of a keyboard). I didn't see the Moto2 crash until this morning on youtube, it was on a different part of the circuit but I knew it must have been bad when the race was red flagged. I was dreading a repeat of 2011 #58 RIP, it was amazing no one was seriously injured.

WSBK this weekend is also going to be great with Tom Sykes on the verge of winning the crown, but, anything can happen as we know.

Good weekend to look forward to isn't it?

I loved the racing in KL - but not so impressed with KL as a venue. Traffic to get back from Sepang is a nightmare. It doesn't need to be, but for some reason the organisers have found a way to add an extra hour to the journey. Buses charge 100% mark-up for the pleasure of standing for 2.5 hours getting back to town. A pity, as the track itself is great.

I loved the racing in KL - but not so impressed with KL as a venue. Traffic to get back from Sepang is a nightmare. It doesn't need to be, but for some reason the organisers have found a way to add an extra hour to the journey. Buses charge 100% mark-up for the pleasure of standing for 2.5 hours getting back to town. A pity, as the track itself is great.

Frankly I wouldn't mind the inconveniants as long as I could be there. laugh.pngbiggrin.png

I agree the traffic is a nightmare.

The road that the circuit is situated along is also the road to / from the LCCT (Low Cost Carrier Terminal - basically the budget airport , Air Asia's central hub), this is what makes it really depressing getting there / away.

Not to worry, KL International Airport 2 will be opening soon and along with it, the traffic from the LCCT terminal will be going there and not Sepang Circuit. The LCCT will then become cargo and not passenger, I understand.

http://www.klia2.info/

By the way, the bus service I used was KL Rapid, basically public transport buses chartered to / from the circuit to KLIA / LCCT / KL Sentral / KLCC (Twin Towers). The cost was only RM30 from KLCC to the circuit. Not sure what bus service you used CBR250 but RM30 is a bargain don't you think?

For next year, you can purchase KL Rapid bus tickets for the chartered bus at all LRT train stations is advance or on the day.

............for anyone only visiting Malaysia only for the action at the track I fully recommend staying here, it is really close to the track and airports....

http://sepang.concordehotelsresorts.com/

..........stayed here twice when I wasn't living in Malaysia.........

I wouldn't consider staying in KL itself as it is some way off, and the traffic is awful.................................

I agree the traffic is a nightmare.

The road that the circuit is situated along is also the road to / from the LCCT (Low Cost Carrier Terminal - basically the budget airport , Air Asia's central hub), this is what makes it really depressing getting there / away.

Not to worry, KL International Airport 2 will be opening soon and along with it, the traffic from the LCCT terminal will be going there and not Sepang Circuit. The LCCT will then become cargo and not passenger, I understand.

http://www.klia2.info/

By the way, the bus service I used was KL Rapid, basically public transport buses chartered to / from the circuit to KLIA / LCCT / KL Sentral / KLCC (Twin Towers). The cost was only RM30 from KLCC to the circuit. Not sure what bus service you used CBR250 but RM30 is a bargain don't you think?

For next year, you can purchase KL Rapid bus tickets for the chartered bus at all LRT train stations is advance or on the day.

Be better with improved transport. I also used KLRapid, at 30MR return (standing on return journey Sat and Sun). But why 30MR when I pay only 20MR return for the bus from LCCT that is almost exactly the same route/distance - and has seats. Look, I don't want to be too picky, but the bus episode highlights a vibe from the whole setup. They aren't really focused on the customer at all, just on any means of inflating the bottom line. For instance, buses from town were free a few years back, and the on-course screens were about 4x bigger. You could take in your own food and drink. All gone. Disappointing.

Times change mate.

Lets face it, RM10 extra for the bus ain't the end of the world is it. This year at the British GP there was a charge of 40 pounds Sterling entrance fee for Children,, <deleted>.

As for things being free anymore...........

The traffic will be better there once KLIA2 opens.

Meanwhile, Nicky Hayden will stay in MotoGP next year on a new production Honda for the Aspar Team. Fair play Nicky!

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/197071/1/nicky_hayden_to_aspar_honda.html

Scott Redding looks to have broken his wrist shock1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Q3XOm0fuQs.png

Oh bugg#r, that's his world championship up the swanny then.

Just as it was getting really close as well, so more Spaniards at the top again this year cool.png

He will be gutted. Missed the practice as I was out at work, apparently Jorge grew wings by hijacking a Seagull. Nice to see Vale on the front row. Not too sure whats going on with the surface at Philip Island as it sounds well abrasive.

Get well soon Scott, so sad mate.

On a brighter note, I will be watching in anticipation of Tom Sykes becoming 2013 World Superbike Champion tomorrow in Spain. Quite ironic that isn`t it?

Go for it Tom.

burp.gif

crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif

The motogp race at Phillip Island could easily turn into an absolute debarcle! Every rider must change bikes between the completion of lap 12 and lap 14 ? I will be surprised if nobody gets hurt in that process.

Carlos Checa retires.

http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/197210/1/carlos_checa_announces_retirement_from_racing.html

Pretty sure the injuries suffered in 2013 on the Panagale have made his mind up, non the less he will be missed in WSBK and on our TV's.

He is one of the few riders to win races in both MotoGP and WSBK, 2011 world champ on a Ducati.

No more will we see the careless chucker throw his Panagale up the road.

Cheers for the thrills Carlos!

• Like 1

Motogp circus ; It seems a rookie is not allowed to win the championship? black flagged for missing the pit window. I must have missed the revised rules , yesterday they said a rider could not ride more than 14 laps on a set of tires and it was to be raced over 26 laps.

Edited by ib1b4

Well they shortened the distance to 19 laps from 26 so the enter the pit window was shortened to laps 9 and 10. I never heard anything about the pit window being lap 12 to 14 in a 26 lap race and I did watch all the qualifying. The Moto2 race was shortened and this was announced on Saturday but I did not hear about the MotoGP changes until Sunday morning. It was disappointing that he was blackflagged but what else could they do, maybe a lesser penalty. As it was Pedrosa had to give up a place for entering pit lane too fast (however the line it was measured from was moved forward however the other line is still visible). Anyway Marquez passed him but it didn't look like Pedrosa gave up the spot, only then he got it back because of the black flag.

They said it was all to do with rider safety, yeah right. Pedrosa with his back wheel two foot on the air entering pits, Marquez exiting the pit lane nearly had a monumental crash with Lorenzo, I saw at least two near misses in the lane itself and then coming back out on a different bike with colder tyres who are they kidding. I think there is some politics going on but I don't see it as being aimed at the kid. He's still going to win anyway. The politics I reckon is something to do with this round, Dorna wants it early in the year, there did not look to be many people there to me, no Stoner, the circuit owner probably wants a motza of cash. To put such a bizarre change in at the end of the season cant be good for paying spectators. Those people are paying up to 300 bucks for a seat.

The tyre manufacturers were put on notice by the Aussie Superbike round being run there a couple of weeks before when there were tyre degradation issues, Tyre management used to be one of the skills they had to have, there were riders in Moto2 and MotoGP who worked all weekend based on a full race distance to change it so late advantages some but not all, Terol for one, possibly Lorenzo (although not as much as the black flag).

Lastly shame about Scott but good one Tom

• Like 1

Yes , The race was to be 27 laps but after saturdays practice session was complete bridgestones people said they could not guarantee rider safety beyond 14 laps, so motogp reduced the race to 26 laps with a maxium of 14 laps on a set of hard tires, After the race day warm up session bridgestone went again to motogp officials and they said they could not guarantee rider safety beyond 10n laps, so the race was reduced again to19 laps. Marc was not the only rider to get black flagged , two other rookies were also flagged for the same reason, So it would appear that the rule changes were not clear ? The honda team and others believed they could do their bike change before completing 11 laps. How wrong they were ! Black flagging is a severe penalty for making a mistake that did not effect anything or anybody else.

That Dorna guy is pretty clever isn't he. Wants Phillip Island motogp in the middle of winter. As for the incident with Marquez coming out of pit lane and Jorge making contact on the turn! That was another rule made up on the run, all reders leaving pits are not to exceed 100 kph and stay within the marked pit exit lane until they have cleared the pit lane markings. So with that the riders on the track are entering at about 200pkh and riders coming from pit lane are only allowed to travel at 100 kph. I think every body was very lucky. ....

• Like 2

either the tarmac is ok or it is not. if not ok they should have cancelled the race, not impose stupid ad hoc rules that anyone could misunderstand since they have been changed by the hour. dont know why lorenzo puts up such a show about winning tbe race, later he admits that marquez would probably have ended one or two.

Sent from my Lenovo A390_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Perhaps MM is going to start looking around hiself a bit more now, for me, that was just desserts for having Dani off, MM is a pleasant enough fella, [lot more so than Moaner] hes just got to learn racecraft and race direction now hes with the big boys,,,

Well done indeed Tom, his first ever Championship and its a World Championship, A Brit on a Kawasaki winning made my weekend!!! Pity Shakey didnt get his 4th BSB title, conditions were crap at Brands Hatch,

• Like 1

Lorenzo suggested that the race be split into two shorter races. I think this would have been more entertaining and safer, but the points would have had to be half for each race. As like last seasons WSBK championship, we would have seen 0.5 points on some riders points tally. This would have been the better coice.

Looking forward to this weekend (literally) Marc needs to score 8 more points than Jorge to win, or to win and Jorge third. Surely team orders with the Repsol Honda camp will come into play?

BIG BIG shame regarding Scott......

Cheers

• Like 2

Congrats to Pol Espargaro on winning the world championship.

The crash at the start of the race was monumental, and it would have to involve Scott. Never mind Scott, no point crying over spilt milk....think of next year. Still, it would have been great to have a British World Champ, guess we will have to be content with Tom Sykes effort.

Lorenzo destroyed the Honda challenge in Japan and good on him. It all goes down to 2 weeks from now in Spain....still I hope Marc wins.

Moto3 race, well, talk about drama.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Marc Marquez. Lorenzo tried valiantly for half the race to mix them all up, didn't work so he scarpered and won it, but Marc was up to it anyway. Lorenzo had to face race direction afterwards for one of his moves, slap on the wrist I'm sure. Maverick Vinales won the Moto 3 and there were two podiums yesterday decided by 1000th of a second. All good.

Remember if you have time you can watch Macau on next weekend. When my connection is better I will post details of other championships. Cheers

Yes, an interesting afternoons racing, Yourgaye did what he set out to do,came 1st, Redposa's pass on MM wasnt hard enough, shoulda pushed him to the line, but well done young man, WC 1st attempt,,,

J.Burgess, well done Jerry youve had a long and succesful career with the GOAT, Retire and rest on your laurels, you deserve it, and Please Vale46, come back next year with a fire in your belly,

Got me monitor fixed and downloaded both races yesterday.

What a great start to the season at Qatar.

Austin is one hell of a track and looks like it was built for Honda's, Jorge did well to keep where he was, and Cal did a really great job, maybe the bosses at Yam's will send him some upgraded parts sooner rather than later.

Poor old Dani at last with Casey out the way along come this pesky young wipper snapper.biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png width=20 alt=biggrin.png>

My monies on Marc winning the chanpionship unless they can find Jorge a bit extra.

Roll on the 5th of May for Spain.clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif width=31 alt=clap2.gif>

Well I get somethings right even if it was tongue in cheek at the time. whistling.gif

Well done Marc I think along with many others you deserve it. thumbsup.gif

Jorge changed his riding style, riding like a man processed, Dani riding like he should do !! funny last race in a way,

and Marc I feel was busting to go but kept his cool for the Championship win.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...