Best Way To Explain He, His, Him And Her, Hers, She?

krisb

Im not a teacher but Im trying to explain it to my wife. She is quite good at English but these get her confused still.

So whats the best way to help her understand?......

Thanks to anyone that can help!

He is gay, he is tired, he is Thai. Kohn puchai bpen gay, etc etc. giggle.gif (also kao chai, kao ying)

His car is pink, his sister is ugly. Lot kohn puchai bpen see shompoo... giggle.gif

I love him, I want to kill him. Chan / pom ow see-ah puchai giggle.gif

My friend.... pooahn kohn chan.

Same same for she, her. Yes, my Thai is pretty bad, but I have fun with it a lot.biggrin.png . Feel free to correct me, Samran.

What is 'hers' is 'hers' and what is 'yours' is 'ours' ... but assumes to be 'hers' also (given time).

If it's a bill, it's 'yours'.

If you buy food and think it's 'mine' ... it's 'ours' ... or belongs to whoever has hold of it at the time.

The big TV that 'you' bought and connected to the cable service that 'you' pay for is 'hers' and 'hers' alone from 6.30pm - 8.30 for the Thai soaps. 'She' will decide when you can watch something.

When you have drunk to much beer 'you' are 'yours' and 'yours' alone and the concept of 'we' goes out the window.

As for 'he' and 'him'. When the bill arrives and 'you' have gone to the toilet and have left enough money with 'she who will be obeyed' but this money has been reassigned in 'her' thinking and now that bill is 'yours'.

So 'she' thinks, where is my tirak? Oh, there 'he' is that hunsome man 'he' is and instructs the waiter to give the bill to 'him'.

Did I cover all of them?

Just a bit of fun ... sorry mate ... tongue.png

Subject personal pronouns: I, he, she, you, we, they, it

EG I love Abhisit

Object personal pronouns: me, him, her, you, us, them, it

EG Abhisit loves me.

Possessive pronouns: mine, his, hers, yours, ours, theirs, its

EG This pen is mine.

Possessive adjectives: my, his, her, your, our, their, its

EG My pen.

Edited by Loaded

You might find some reluctance concerning the word ''he''

It is perhaps best described as a somewhat coarse word as it is a crude reference to a part of a females anatomy .

Had many a giggle from Thai students when the word ''he'' comes into play and say.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

He is a foreigner and his huge wallet makes him attracted to her.

She has a “cheap Charlie” as a husband, but the house, cars, motorbikes are hers.

Or:

She is a good looking chick, who makes him sick, when her body’s occupied by another guy.

He knows that his thoughts are much different than hers.

Edited by sirchai

You might find some reluctance concerning the word ''he''

It is perhaps best described as a somewhat coarse word as it is a crude reference to a part of a females anatomy .

Had many a giggle from Thai students when the word ''he'' comes into play and say.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

My lady has always said the "he" rules the roost! clap2.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gif

• Like 1