Fatal Gunfire Erupts Outside Pattaya Soi 7 Go Go Bar

webfact

Fatal Gunfire Erupts Outside Soi 7 Go Go Bar

A 23-year-old Thai man was fatally shot outside the Silver Star go go bar on soi 7. The victim may have been accidentally shot by the gunman, who apparently meant to kill his drinking companion. Others opened fire on the gunman as he ran down soi 7, wounding him seriously as he collapsed.

PATTAYA – December 26, 2012 [PDN]; at 5 p.m., a report of a shooting that killed someone and injured several others was received by Pol. Lt. Capt. Krittha Pratumkaew, officer of the shift, Pattaya police station. He rushed to check the scene with Pol. Lt. Col. Anek Srathong U, the suppression inspector; detective forces and rescuers from the Sawang Boriboon foundation Pattaya.

The shootings occurred in the middle of soi 7, at the Silver Star go go bar in Central Pattaya near Beach Road. When police reached the scene, they found one victim lying on the ground in a pool of blood, crying out in pain.

He had been shot four times: in his right shoulder, stomach, in the middle of his back, and under his right armpit. He was identified as Mr. Wuttipong Janprakone, 31 years old, from Samrong, Pabplachai, Buriram.

He was shot while running out of soi 7, before he fell on the ground at the beach, opposite to the entrance of soi 8, about100 meters from the Pattaya police station.

Full story: http://www.pattayada...oi-7-go-go-bar/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2012-12-26

footer_n.gif

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deadly shootout in Pattaya Soi 7 entertainment zone

PATTAYA:--A deadly shooting occurred in one of Pattaya’s tourist hot-spots, Soi 7 off Pattaya Beach Road, early on Wednesday Morning, which saw the death of a 23 year old man who was caught in the firing line and was reportedly not the intended target.

Just after 4am, Police were notified of two incidents which had occurred, one in front of the Silver Star 2 Go-Go Bar in Soi 7 and on Pattaya Beach opposite the entrance to Soi 8. Initially both incidents appeared to be unrelated but witness accounts confirmed there was indeed a connection.

The case began in Soi 7 when a man, dressed in a black shirt and black trousers arrived at the front of the Go-Go bar and exchanged profanities with a man known only as Khun On who was sitting and drinking with Khun Manat aged 23. The man in black, later named as Khun Wuttipong aged 31, produced a gun and shot in the direction of Khun On, who ran away and escaped unharmed.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/69070/deadly-shootout-pattaya-soi-7-entertainment-zone/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-12-26

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

What I find rather crazy is that the shootings now more and more taking place in broad day light with tons of witnesses.

The more police cracks down on illegal firearms the more frequent gun fights happen.

I think the times are misreported in the first article - the second one states 5am rather than 5pm.

"This is what happens when you have a 13 year old boy, locked into the body of a man" Hey let's not insult 13 year olds too! I taught crips and bloods for a living, real gangsters and real American teenagers. Most weren't that stupid!

So there are lots of armed people lurking about ready for a gunfight...interesting and worrying.

Yes, and the police have never thought about a stop and search to deter stuff. sad.png

The Aberdeen city police don't go stopping and searching the drunken yobs on a Friday and Saturday night either. They wait until the clubs close and the patrons have pigged out on takeaways, thrown up, gotten into rumbles and finally pissed off home. Then the cops come and mop up the walking (and lying) wounded for the night. Easier than tackling them when they are all fired up and full of piss and bad manners. The Pattaya MiB are pretty smart IMHO.

I was just in Soi 8 an hour ago, I'll have to see what Soi 7 is like tonight. Police should have been there ASAP instead of booking farangs for no licence's on Beach Rd and Jomtien

I think there might be more police on duty than the half dozen who were out on the road (rightfully) chasing people without a licence/helmet, and besides those ones doing that were traffic cops, thats their job - they are not emergency response officers.

The guy riding with no licence/helmet/tax etc - might be the one who crashes into me - and then no licence = no insurance. No amount of (false) smiling and khortoat khrap is going to fix that! I say book them all !

Others opened fire on the gunman as he ran down soi 7

How many people are carrying guns on soi 7?!

A few years ago soi 7 was my go to spot. I quit going because I started getting a bad vibe, mamasans too pushy with the drinks, always up in my mix with the girls, and I felt like they were the kind you didn't want to cross (at least in my mind)...looks like it was all for the best. Soi 7, sorry I had to let you go wub.png you'll be missed.

Edited by Teerak2
  • Like 2