Plane Spotting - The Quiz

David48

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the road, but......

Spud: It is a C310 by memory. That is what would be in my logbook anyway !!!!

Ricardo: In fact that story is 99% true, some types use compressed air, was it Russian?.

Edited by Chao Lao Beach

Ricardo: In fact that story is 99% true, some types use compressed air, was it Russian?.

No, I believe it was a BA VC-10, and that the onward-leg was to South Africa, but my memory may be faulty.

African aviation seems always a little more-different, than other parts of the globe, for example stories of elderly aircraft flying the Haj, with no seats fitted but everyone sitting on the deck. Wonder how the 'hosties' checked everyone was using their seat-belt ? rolleyes.gif

with no seats fitted but everyone sitting on the deck. Wonder how the 'hosties' checked everyone was using their seat-belt ? rolleyes.gif

Nearly like when I flew in C130s except we had at least cargo nets to sit on. No 'hosties' on board. biggrin.png

I was a big fan of Kai Tak airport when it was open.

Found some old photos on another site

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=46831411&postcount=227

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=44115694&postcount=215

Some interesting shots, plenty of aircraft to spot. There are more about halfway down page 2 of that site.

Nice video here of Oasis Airlines showing briefing, cockpit, cabin service and a couple of landings. Interesting when they pass a fellow Oasis 747 between London and Hong Kong, and they ask the other crew to flash their lights...

I was a big fan of Kai Tak airport when it was open.

Found some old photos on another site

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=46831411&postcount=227

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=44115694&postcount=215

Some interesting shots, plenty of aircraft to spot. There are more about halfway down page 2 of that site.

SVB, thanks for that ... some golden oldies in those photos ... particularly liked the Concord shots.

Also the Oasis YouTube great to watch. I know that it's a promo video, but it does show a side of the flight that I never get to observe.

They weren't chemtrails just before the light flash and crossover, were they ... whistling.gif

# H002

Try for the ...

• Make and Model

post-104736-0-99316100-1367960047_thumb.

It's the only shot I have and in the best resolution I can provide.

Guys ... I have no idea what this one is ... so collective opinion answer? ... biggrin.png

Nice video here of Oasis Airlines showing briefing, cockpit, cabin service and a couple of landings. Interesting when they pass a fellow Oasis 747 between London and Hong Kong, and they ask the other crew to flash their lights...

Not too sure what happened, but when I clicked on this, it played some Marine gun flinging parade thing :S

EDIT: and when I clicked on it after posting it in a quoted reply, the bloody thing worked... I know it's early, and I already have a coffee in hand.. But <deleted>? Lol...

Edited by GrantSmith

Aerospatiale or however the frogs spell it.

More commonly known as a 'Squirrel'

The blades go the wrong way.

I believe (& maybe wrong) that the Aerospatiale AS350 Ecureuil / Astar commonany known as a Squirrel all around the world has changed it name again to the Eurocopter AS350.

Don't you love the French wink.png .........

Aerospatiale or however the frogs spell it.

More commonly known as a 'Squirrel'

The blades go the wrong way.

I believe (& maybe wrong) that the Aerospatiale AS350 Ecureuil / Astar commonany known as a Squirrel all around the world has changed it name again to the Eurocopter AS350.

Don't you love the French wink.png .........

I believe so, Eurocopter bought out Aerospecial I think, not sure when though.

Make

Model

attachicon.gifplane8-tv.jpg

Business class air ethipoia ?

Nope, and its not a THAI Airways old 747 that has not be re-fitted in 20 years also.

I believe that most people here would have travel in one of these commuters. It was built in North America. This pic was taken in Indonesia, but the airframe was not registered there.

Didn't Oasis out of HK fall over a few years ago?

Yes they folded up a few years back. I never flew them, just found the video last night and found it interesting

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 1 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Make

Model

plane8-tv.jpg

Business class air ethipoia ?

Nope, and its not a THAI Airways old 747 that has not be re-fitted in 20 years also.

I believe that most people here would have travel in one of these commuters. It was built in North America. This pic was taken in Indonesia, but the airframe was not registered there.

North America.....

....is it something by De Havilland?

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 1 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Little off top but what is this I am holding ?

attachicon.gifPicture 2513.jpg

smile.png

WWII bomb detonator ... ?

Maybe a Thai detector cheesy.gif

I initially though something to do with pressurization, but there are 2 lines out of it.

North America.....

....is it something by De Havilland?

It was originally built by 'de Havilland Canada' the built by Boeing in 1988 then built by Bombardier. The aircraft type is still in production, but not this series.

Edited by Chao Lao Beach

It was originally built by 'de Havilland Canada' the built by Boeing in 1988 then built by Bombardier. The aircraft type is still in production, but not this series.

Then I will go with a Dash 8 for my guess

what component does it live on?

A dashboard. Hmmmmmmm, thats given it away l think. smile.png

Airspeed indicator...old one.

If air be coming out fast, you be goin fast, if slow, well you be goin slow or a pigeon is stuck on the end of it.

Then I will go with a Dash 8 for my guess

Yep -

Which series?

Edited by Chao Lao Beach