Big Bike Ban In Khao Yai

Whale

Suggest you guys open a new thread for your epic "Freedom for pipes run". We can then later add the interesting information here: Who was rejected? What is the accepted db level? How much bribe was asked? How many monkeys hit?

smile.png

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good to see them banning noisy bikes....I witnessed it yesterday, several got turned away.

Maybe you should have walked over and told the bikers your opinions on this subject and how you feel about them being turned away. It would've been an interesting discussion methinks but I guess it's easier from behind a keyboard.

Technically of course it is illegal to modify a motorbike/motor vehicle

Jeez! I bet you're a blast a parties! coffee1.gif

H1w4yR1da (can't you just call yourself Joe or something), if you make that trip (or anybody else), can you try and find out the db limits? I got no explanation at all, only "start" and "no". He held the db meter about a meter away from the exhaust side with the bike at idle. He only looked at the meter for a split second before his "no" and walked away. I don't even know if the meter was turned on! Thanks

Yeah, that's a typically arrogant response from Thai officials but I'll try to take a look at the limit if we ride.

Suggest you guys open a new thread for your epic "Freedom for pipes run".

Actually, it's tentatively named "The Great Monkey Hunt'. wink.png

Suggest you guys open a new thread for your epic "Freedom for pipes run". We can then later add the interesting information here: Who was rejected? What is the accepted db level? How much bribe was asked? How many monkeys hit?

smile.png

more like how many bikers have been turned away with their loud tail pipes between their legs

• Like 1

Technically of course it is illegal to modify a motorbike/motor vehicle

Jeez! I bet you're a blast a parties! coffee1.gif

I'm usually a bit drunk and talking too much about nonsense. I'm usually up for hanging from chandeliers though, but draw the line at balcony hopping.

If I had a 4-stroke I'd probably aim for a pipe that popped and banged but then would have no recourse to complain about not being allowed into a National Park, just like I'm not allowed to ride on the motorway.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

Good to see them banning noisy bikes....I witnessed it yesterday, several got turned away.

Maybe you should have walked over and told the bikers your opinions on this subject and how you feel about them being turned away. It would've been an interesting discussion methinks but I guess it's easier from behind a keyboard.Jeez! I bet you're a blast a parties! coffee1.gif

Actually, it's tentatively named "The Great Monkey Hunt'. wink.png

Why...will they be following you ??

Hopefully NP's will continue doing a fine job of this and may it spread from KY NP to ALL other NP's....and the sooner the better.

Well, I'm still up for a Sat-Sun ride sometime to test out the resolve of the entrance guys. And also to stick it to some on this thread.

My pipes are still stock but not for much longer. Hili may be up for it even though he has Akra's on his R6.

Anyone else? II2?

Free beer for the first rider to hit a monkey!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Would love to join but I'm afraid I can't keep up with Hili so I'm afraid I'll pass as I don't like holding anyone back.

Lol i didnt said we are always going fast; in the end its too enjoy the ride together so doesnt matter if there are faster or slower bikes/ riders.

My pipes are still stock

Then they will probably let you in?

Free beer for the first rider to hit a monkey!!

More correctly? Free ride in a Foundation pick-up

Sent from a mobile. Please excuse the lack of courtesy, unless of

course the lack of courtesy was intended.

Edited by VocalNeal

well, i will document the guy with decibel meter and his actions with my new Sony action camera and will tell him that i will show that video to my lawyer - which i can - as i believe they have no legal right to do that.

First of all, they have to give you a document stating the decibel of your bike and they have to fine you too if it is illegal! As one poster stated, they guy did not even showed him the db meter! and it is not sure if the db meter was on!

and lets see what will happen. Most probably the decibel meter guy will leave with db meter between his legs!

• Like 2

well, i will document the guy with decibel meter and his actions with my new Sony action camera and will tell him that i will show that video to my lawyer - which i can - as i believe they have no legal right to do that.

First of all, they have to give you a document stating the decibel of your bike and they have to fine you too if it is illegal! As one poster stated, they guy did not even showed him the db meter! and it is not sure if the db meter was on!

and lets see what will happen. Most probably the decibel meter guy will leave with db meter between his legs!

You are joking right?

Edited by Nickymaster

You are joking right?

no, i am not and i will try my best to get in.

Edited by ll2

You are joking right?

I understand that you will try your best to get in but are you going to challenge them legally (to the extent of involving a lawyer) too when they won't allow you to enter? I thought that that's what I understood from your post.

Therefore my earlier comment.

Edited by Nickymaster

You are joking right?

I understand that you will try your best to get in but are you going to challenge them legally (to the extent of involving a lawyer) too when they won't allow you to enter? I thought that that's what I understood from your post.

Why do you take this as a challenge?

What they are doing is illegal by turning people from the park with a dry 'no'

No document, no record, no warning.

If they force me to turn back, i might think to let my lawyer involve on this as i make an expense to go there, paid petrol, spend time and there is no solid reason.

Anyway, we will see this on Sundaybiggrin.png

Why?

It's refreshing to see a westerner not cowed by the Thai bureaucracy BS.

Too many westerners take all kinds of unnecessary shit just because they're a "guest" here.

I've got a Work Permit! I pay tax! And I'm not playing the white monkey for these guys. Yeah, I'll be friendly and polite but that all stops when they start to, how we say in England, take the piss. As long as there's mutual respect there's no problem. The thing with some Thais is that it's not reciprocated.

Anyway, back on thread. We got 4 bikes for the Great Monkey Hunt. It'll be interesting at the gate as the officer comes over with his db dildo thingy and we all take out our phones to record him.

II2 even has his super-duper Sony Action cam. thumbsup.gif

Edited by H1w4yR1da

My ducati has official ducati after market exhaust with all the legal markings and i have been stopped twice at bangsaen by Chonburi police for having an illegal exhaust 1000bt fines paid and receipted at police station ,

they just make up the law as they like here

I am not suprised if there is a ban in Khaoyai , last time i rode through there were hordes of hiso Thai bikers on Japanese and ducati superbikes , doing wheelies and burnouts all over the mountain roads and riding like <deleted> ,, now i avoid it and take the 304 or the pangsida road

Edited by liddelljohn

My ducati has official ducati after market exhaust with all the legal markings and i have been stopped twice at bangsaen by Chonburi police for having an illegal exhaust 1000bt fines paid and receipted at police station ,

if there is no 'TIS' stamp on your aftermarket exhaust, it is illegal regardless of the sound of it.

Tough guy alert....

My ducati has official ducati after market exhaust with all the legal markings and i have been stopped twice at bangsaen by Chonburi police for having an illegal exhaust 1000bt fines paid and receipted at police station
Never, unless it can't be helped, stop for the Thai 'police'. I've said this before but they're not police as we know them to be in the west. They're a uniformed criminal gang. Thieves in uniform!
last time i rode through there were hordes of hiso Thai bikers on Japanese and ducati superbikes , doing wheelies and burnouts all over the mountain roads and riding like <deleted>
Yep, there's no place for that crap in a NP. Edited by H1w4yR1da

That is where a well-connected lawyer would have to be used. Better pay him that the cops for an invented violation.

My ducati has official ducati after market exhaust with all the legal markings and i have been stopped twice at bangsaen by Chonburi police for having an illegal exhaust 1000bt fines paid and receipted at police station

Never, unless it can't be helped, stop for the Thai 'police'. I've said this before but they're not police as we know them to be in the west. They're a uniformed criminal gang. Thieves in uniform!
last time i rode through there were hordes of hiso Thai bikers on Japanese and ducati superbikes , doing wheelies and burnouts all over the mountain roads and riding like <deleted>
Yep, there's no place for that crap in a NP.

Never figured you that sensible, that is what the majority here is saying. Ride normally without making an ass of yourself and without pipes that are extremely loud and nobody minds you being there.

Its a NP for a reason and not a racing track. If people behaved themselves a bit many idiotic laws would never come into existence. Just minding where you are does a lot of good.

I'd recommend you take a look at your posting style. I've noticed on this as well as other threads, the manner in which you come across (preaching know-it-all on a soapbox) just plainly, for want of a better description, pisses people off! Hence the reaction.

I'd recommend you take a look at your posting style. I've noticed on this as well as other threads, the manner in which you come across (preaching know-it-all on a soapbox) just plainly, for want of a better description, pisses people off! Hence the reaction.

Just look at your own posting style first, that is what influences my posts to you.

Normal sensible posts don't tick me off people understanding you need to keep in mind that its a NP and drive sensible would never gotten a response. Talking about driving over monkeys ect isn't a good thing.

Sensible motorbike drivers have no beef with me. You seem to tick of loads more people as me.

• Like 1

^ pot kettle...soapbox much...

Repeat. "Don't feed the trolls, don't feed the trolls...".

Just look at your own posting style first, that is what influences my posts to you.

Talking about driving over monkeys ect isn't a good thing.

Ah, the old "It wasn't me, it was him" defense.

And you didn't realize I was joking about running over the monkeys? rolleyes.gif

^ pot kettle...soapbox much...

Repeat. "Don't feed the trolls, don't feed the trolls...".

Talking about driving over monkeys ect isn't a good thing.

Ah, the old "It wasn't me, it was him" defense.

And you didn't realize I was joking about running over the monkeys? rolleyes.gif

You.. i really would not put it past you and that is how you came across. Normally I pick humor up in this case you really sounded like someone with total disrespects for nature parks. Not someone who could adapt to his surroundings and would condone the things you described.

You.. i really would not put it past you and that is how you came across. Normally I pick humor up in this case you really sounded like someone with total disrespects for nature parks. Not someone who could adapt to his surroundings and would condone the things you described.
Or maybe you're just a poor judge of people? Someone who thinks he knows someone from a few posts on a forum and just not as smart as he thinks he is and is unable to read someone's character correctly.

Maybe you only understand very basic humour as some comments appear to go completely over your head. Your posts also show certain narcissistic tendencies with your OTT reactions against posters who dare disagree with you.

Maybe your just an argumentative know-it-all who gets offended everytime someone calls him out on his BS?

Now I don't really know you, hence the word 'Maybe '!

Or maybe you're just a poor judge of people? Someone who thinks he knows someone from a few posts on a forum and just not as smart as he thinks he is and is unable to read someone's character correctly.

Maybe you only understand very basic humour as some comments appear to go completely over your head. Your posts also show certain narcissistic tendencies with your OTT reactions against posters who dare disagree with you.

Maybe your just an argumentative know-it-all who gets offended everytime someone calls him out on his BS?

Now I don't really know you, hence the word 'Maybe '!

Neither do I know you and like you I call em as I see em. Not much else to do here.

Anyway did you do your trip ? anything to report back ?

I don't think the park should be closed for bikes at all provided they are not too loud and don't act like <deleted> like those Thais did. It is still a nature park. I have been there a few times (not on bike but by car) I like it there even did some hiking there(tip don't hike when its raining.. too many leeches)

I guess all tv members will have to wait as we went so fast we missed the gate by 70 kilometers :). Maybe ill get to be denied entrance on my next trip

Hope they dont get one of those pollution detectors as next week i am going to cut my catalytic convertor out. When i go through the park the monkey wont worry about going death as i will kill them with noxious gas.

Edited by yankee99