Big Bike Ban In Khao Yai

Whale

Went through Pak Chong gate today, was on the CBR250 and was followed by an ER6, no problems getting in for both, no noise testing.

Good news but i take it you had a standard exhaust.. i think they just stop loud bikes not standard ones. Next month I probably will try to go there too.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes standard exhaust - no need for aftermarket on a lower cc bike - it is just all noise and no go! Fair enough if you have a pure track bike, but for the road it is just silly and annoying to everyone else.

I have no problem with them banning very noisy bikes, just hope they keep up the not discriminating against all bikes and will let small groups in if their bikes are not noisy.

100% in agreement.

Anyway if they don't let you in, just turn around from the Pak Chong gate, take the first turning on the right, and follow that road all the way up to the 304 (about 80 km) - nice road with some nice corners around the lake and some beautiful scenery, reminded me of Italy or France. Makes a nice alternative to get to the park too.

From Bangkok I took the Suwintiwong Road - 304 then turn left on to the 3481/3293 to Prachinburi (nice back road with light traffic), then through Prachinburi following the river (3069) then the 3452 up to the 33, turn right and take the 33 towards Kabinburi, then left on the 33 just before Kabinburi to go past the lake and on to the 304, take the 304 all the way up the mountain, past the police stop at the top (if they see you are farrang they just wave you on), then take the first left as soon as you see the shops and the road just starts to become a dual carriageway (don't know the road number), but can't miss it as it is the first sign of a lot of shops etc after the police stop - follow this road all the way to the Pak Chong gate the area is called Wang Nam Khiao - Khao Yai park is signposted all the way - then through the park, back to Prachinburi and back on the 3293/3481 to Bangkok.

A nice loop and mostly quiet back roads except the 33 and 304 - but on a Sunday these roads aren't too bad.

Yes standard exhaust - no need for aftermarket on a lower cc bike - it is just all noise and no go! Fair enough if you have a pure track bike, but for the road it is just silly and annoying to everyone else.

I have no problem with them banning very noisy bikes, just hope they keep up the not discriminating against all bikes and will let small groups in if their bikes are not noisy.

It's not that all aftermarket exhaust are crazy loud all well known manufacturer producing to meet Eu or other regulations. If the owner takes out the silencer or riding a race only exhaust on public roads that's a different story. And yes ill mostly replace the stock exhaust on all of my bikes mostly because of looks and weight. On the other hand it can improve the bikes ridebility.

• Like 1

"This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Showbags. View it anyway?"

No thanks!!!

My Yoshimura exhaust should be arriving sometime this month. Silencer in or out? All the GSXR bike forums say out.

Decisions, decisions.

Edited by H1w4yR1da

It's not that all aftermarket exhaust are crazy loud all well known manufacturer producing to meet Eu or other regulations. If the owner takes out the silencer or riding a race only exhaust on public roads that's a different story. And yes ill mostly replace the stock exhaust on all of my bikes mostly because of looks and weight. On the other hand it can improve the bikes ridebility.

Understand, for legit aftermarket exhausts, but the Thai made ones are mostly just horribly noisy etc.

Also for the CBR250R the handling is awesome even with the standard exhaust, plus it is just a single cylinder 250, great for knocking around on and fun to ride, but for me personally I wouldn't invest 15,000+ for an exhaust on this bike.

The only thing I upgraded was the tyres to Pirrelli Rosso IIs. It does make me chuckle when you see the 250s really blinged out and with the aftermarket exhausts but running shit rubber.

• Like 1

I am happy with my higher sounding aftermarket pipes all the time as my life us saved many times and i care about my life than some sensitive ears really!

I dont agree on bribing my way but i feel like the reason for this db check is all about this.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I am happy with my higher sounding aftermarket pipes all the time as my life us saved many times and i care about my life than some sensitive ears really!

I dont agree on bribing my way but i feel like the reason for this db check is all about this.

'loud pipes save lives' is mostly bullshit to justify stupidly noisy bikes, and I am not talking about a good quality aftermarket pipe that has a slight increase in dB, but the idiots who tamper with the end can or run straight pipes - but that is a whole new topic.

it might be buls.it for you but i, of course!, trust my own experience than your bulls.it naturally and many times my life is saved due to higher sounding pipes.

Keep in mind, i do not like super loud straight pipes fitted to scooters or two strokers by local teenagers just talking about as you stated, good and recognized aftermarket pipes.

• Like 1

Yeah I think there's a big difference between say Akras, Termis or Yoshis, even with the baffles removed, than say straight pipes on a Hardley.

And I disagree with the 'loud pipes saves lives is bullshit' comment.

Edited by H1w4yR1da
  • Like 1

^

Its off topic too, so no need to discuss such weird theory in this thread. If you fear riding "normal" bikes than ride your noisy thingies somewhere else, not into national parks. Of course i am NOT talking about legal aftermarket pipes with a decent db level coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

No need to be so aggressive in your posts.....

Bit confused now really because I am talking about aftermarket legit pipes which I call loud pipes especially at high revs and you say you have no problem with them.

Anyway as wanton the mod has pointed out cannot discuss it here as it of topic.

Enjoy your day

P.s wanton have you got a little alarm or something on your computer that goes of as soon as I make a post ,cause everytime within minutes you are there with a reply

Enjoy your day too

Edited by taninthai
  • Like 1

last time i beeped my horn in the car ,the guy called me a <deleted> and wanted to shoot me,beeping your horn seems to make a lot of thai drivers lose it ,i don't recommend it at all.

i thought this was pretty common knowledge for people that have lived here a while ,guaranteed go round beeping at everyone and they will just wipe you out with their car.

Edited by taninthai
  • Like 1

last time i beeped my horn in the car ,the guy called me a <deleted> and wanted to shoot me,beeping your horn seems to make a lot of thai drivers lose it ,i don't recommend it at all.

i thought this was pretty common knowledge for people that have lived here a while ,guaranteed go round beeping at everyone and they will just wipe you out with their car.

Yeah, if someone is advising me to use my horn in thailand and complain about loud pipes, i start to wonder too what type of people we deal here:huh:

Yeah, if someone is advising me to use my horn in thailand and complain about loud pipes, i start to wonder too what type of people we deal here:huh:

...complain about loud pipes in national parks. Too complicated to get it into your head?

• Like 1

...complain about loud pipes in national parks. Too complicated to get it into your head?

i dont like to hear a scooter or two stroker in national park or anywhere with straight ultra loud pipes and teenagers on them as well, it is disturbing.

But a proper aftermarket pipe is not a very loud something still you are in a big bike means you are a millionaire farang so lets get some tea money from him, right?

and OK, lets say bikes make a lot of sound, what about cars, trucks, tractors, tuk tuks and tak taks and karaokes until the morning in the national park, they dont disturb you?

And all this db things seems like a way to get some tea money from big bike riders especially from farang. do you get that wantan? just be fair man!

^

taninthai, you didn't get it. You should not "beep at everyone". Its a different concept to using loud pipes smile.png

get what wanton ,someone recommended using your horn ,well 2 people actually ,i simply do not recommend it on thai roads,it brings the red mist down with thais,everyday i see thais cutting into each other with no signals hogging the fast lane etc etc and do you ever see a thai start beeping ,no because they do not work the way we do in the west ,same as flash your lights in the west means your giving way ,over here it means I'm coming through no matter what.

do you have a thai misses ask her if its wise to start beeping everything that annoys you on the road.

below is the comment i was referring to

When the situation arises that you might need some noise to get the car to notice you, say you are filtering and you want one of the cars to move to the side more - I have found normal pipes or legit aftermarket pipes on big bikes to be loud enough to be noticed, or use your horn! Horns are a great way to get yourself noticed, a short and sharp noise that will get you noticed, not an endless drone that makes it hard to pin-point where the noise is coming from.

my opinion is the horn will get you noticed alright , it will also get you 7 shades of <deleted> kicked out of you.

Edited by taninthai

^

taninthai, you didn't get it. You should not "beep at everyone". Its a different concept to using loud pipes smile.png

get what wanton ,someone recommended using your horn ,well 2 people actually ,i simply do not recommend it on thai roads,it brings the red mist down with thais,everyday i see thais cutting into each other with no signals hogging the fast lane etc etc and do you ever see a thai start beeping ,no because they do not work the way we do in the west ,same as flash your lights in the west means your giving way ,over here it means I'm coming through no matter what.

do you have a thai misses ask her if its wise to start beeping everything that annoys you on the road.

i witnessed my first and last knife fight in Thailand after a road rage originated by a guy pressing the horn hard!

i dont recommend horn in Thailand too! especially in a national park!!! as macaques might get disturbedbiggrin.png

Edited by ll2

Beeping is common place in Bangkok now. The idea that beeping at someone results in instant execution is way off. It's not really polite, but it's pretty much accepted like cutting in front of someone. I beep at people, and they beep at me. Never been shot at.

I certainly wouldn't 'not' beep at someone that was about no knock me off my bike in case it offended them and they assassinated me and the next red light. Would you?

• Like 2

Forum rules do apply to the Bikes in Thailand forum:

In using Thai Visa I agree:

1) To respect fellow members.

3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane.

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Some posts in violation of the above forum rules have been removed.

To continue the beeping discussion. For me there are different types of beep. A little tap 'bip' just to let someone know you're there doesn't really bother anyone and is generally accepted. Many Thais have issues with the longer 'beeeeeeeep' as their poor driving has been pointed out for all to see with resulting loss of face.

I always try to use the former 'bip' but have used the longer one when some numbnut has tried to run me off the road. It's usually followed by me punching off their wing mirror.

And don't get me started about those bloody macaques blocking the road in Khao Yai. They're fast little buggers; I haven't managed to kick one yet.