Big Bike Ban In Khao Yai

Whale

last time i beeped my horn in the car ,the guy called me a <deleted> and wanted to shoot me,beeping your horn seems to make a lot of thai drivers lose it ,i don't recommend it at all.

i thought this was pretty common knowledge for people that have lived here a while ,guaranteed go round beeping at everyone and they will just wipe you out with their car.

Yeah, if someone is advising me to use my horn in thailand and complain about loud pipes, i start to wonder too what type of people we deal here:huh:

...complain about loud pipes in national parks. Too complicated to get it into your head?

i dont like to hear a scooter or two stroker in national park or anywhere with straight ultra loud pipes and teenagers on them as well, it is disturbing.

But a proper aftermarket pipe is not a very loud something still you are in a big bike means you are a millionaire farang so lets get some tea money from him, right?

and OK, lets say bikes make a lot of sound, what about cars, trucks, tractors, tuk tuks and tak taks and karaokes until the morning in the national park, they dont disturb you?

And all this db things seems like a way to get some tea money from big bike riders especially from farang. do you get that wantan? just be fair man!

No, don't get it. Sorry, but that type of mixing facts, assumptions and claims is too complicated for me. For me they are just trying to protect the park. I can not see any complot against farangs on big bikes.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^

i thought whistles were the in thing in bkk now

bkk don't go there so don't know but down south beeping not good ,as said common knowledge to anyone thats been here a while ,many stories on this forum about it.

Your average driver in Bangkok is a 20k a month admin assistant trying to pay off the loan on their Vios. Not exactly terrifying...

The Phuket Isuzu driver is far more dangerous. South of that my experience is limited to a couple of trips to Trang but I would guess the Amulet wearing truck driver is in full force down there, way more dangerous than the commuters in Bangkok...

^

taninthai, you didn't get it. You should not "beep at everyone". Its a different concept to using loud pipes smile.png

get what wanton ,someone recommended using your horn ,well 2 people actually ,i simply do not recommend it on thai roads,it brings the red mist down with thais,everyday i see thais cutting into each other with no signals hogging the fast lane etc etc and do you ever see a thai start beeping ,no because they do not work the way we do in the west ,same as flash your lights in the west means your giving way ,over here it means I'm coming through no matter what.

do you have a thai misses ask her if its wise to start beeping everything that annoys you on the road.

below is the comment i was referring to

When the situation arises that you might need some noise to get the car to notice you, say you are filtering and you want one of the cars to move to the side more - I have found normal pipes or legit aftermarket pipes on big bikes to be loud enough to be noticed, or use your horn! Horns are a great way to get yourself noticed, a short and sharp noise that will get you noticed, not an endless drone that makes it hard to pin-point where the noise is coming from.

my opinion is the horn will get you noticed alright , it will also get you 7 shades of <deleted> kicked out of you.

It seems i am not the only one using my horn and still being alive. Maybe i am still alive because i used it?

Sure you should avoid any kind of road rage. Road rage often starts with unneeded beeping to tell someone he has done something wrong. Using the horn when someone is cutting you is wrong. Cutting others is accepted and you have to slow down, not start beeping. Simple.

But this all is way offtopic. Use your loud pipes if you need them, but avoid national parks. Thats all smile.png

^

i thought whistles were the in thing in bkk now

bkk don't go there so don't know but down south beeping not good ,as said common knowledge to anyone thats been here a while ,many stories on this forum about it.

Your average driver in Bangkok is a 20k a month admin assistant trying to pay off the loan on their Vios. Not exactly terrifying...

The Phuket Isuzu driver is far more dangerous. South of that my experience is limited to a couple of trips to Trang but I would guess the Amulet wearing truck driver is in full force down there, way more dangerous than the commuters in Bangkok...

yep you got it jonny and the minivan drivers ,we'll we won't even go there.
  • Like 1

last time i beeped my horn in the car ,the guy called me a <deleted> and wanted to shoot me,beeping your horn seems to make a lot of thai drivers lose it ,i don't recommend it at all.

i thought this was pretty common knowledge for people that have lived here a while ,guaranteed go round beeping at everyone and they will just wipe you out with their car.

Yeah, if someone is advising me to use my horn in thailand and complain about loud pipes, i start to wonder too what type of people we deal here:huh:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Beeping is common place in Bangkok now. The idea that beeping at someone results in instant execution is way off. It's not really polite, but it's pretty much accepted like cutting in front of someone. I beep at people, and they beep at me. Never been shot at.

I certainly wouldn't 'not' beep at someone that was about no knock me off my bike in case it offended them and they assassinated me and the next red light. Would you?

Beeping is commonplace on the roads I use in Bangkok. I try to be conservative with my use of the horn but will use it to stop someone cutting me up. My wife and my Thai friends make liberal use of the thing when driving around Bangkok. Never had a problem.

^

But Khao Yai is much nearer to BKK than Phuket. So your "rules of the south" are somehow misplaced in this thread.

well i live in bangkok and using horn is dangerous and disrespectful anywhere in thailand.

the only time i use my horn is a short beep to the cars waiting for u turn and only if their rims are turning.

you became misplaced in this thread wantan.

^

But Khao Yai is much nearer to BKK than Phuket. So your "rules of the south" are somehow misplaced in this thread.

well i live in bangkok and using horn is dangerous and disrespectful anywhere in thailand.

the only time i use my horn is a short beep to the cars waiting for u turn and only if their rims are turning.

you became misplaced in this thread wantan.

You think your pipe isn't loud enough for cars at the u-turn? So you start beeping which you claim is "dangerous and disrespectful". But i am wrong if i use my horn instead of changing the pipe? Funny world you live in.

^

why don't you try to contribute to the thread instead of nit picking everyone else's contributions,they are not my rules either it's the way the Thai people live down here ,relaxed and laid back.

Oh and for the record I do not live Phuket ,visited a couple of times and can't stand the place.

"This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Showbags. View it anyway?"

No thanks!!!

My Yoshimura exhaust should be arriving sometime this month. Silencer in or out? All the GSXR bike forums say out.

Decisions, decisions.

that you felt the need to make this comment is interesting on so many levels.

• Like 1

^

Come back to topic and we can start to talk. But instead most here want to spread their "real bikers wisdom" about "loud pipes save lifes" and other off topic nonsense smile.png

I remember revving my Termis on a previous bike to scare off an alpha male primate who was getting too close a while back at KY. Had no effect whatsoever.

Anyway, what about beeping at macaques? Will they take offense? Then chase after me mob-handed or tooled-up?

Edited by H1w4yR1da

^

Come back to topic and we can start to talk. But instead most here want to spread their "real bikers wisdom" about "loud pipes save lifes" and other off topic nonsense smile.png

ok wanton so if people have different opinions from yourself it's nonsense according you,bit of a childish mentality you are showing there,at least these people are giving their opinions and not nitpicking with sly digs at posters constantly telling people what they can and can't say in this and other threads in the motorbike forum.gets pretty boring and repetitive don't you think.
  • Like 1

The troll always bites!

oh dear...

anyone care to explain the concept of 'ignore' to the person above.....l cannot, cos he is ignoring me.

LOL, yep agree, lots of funny people here clap2.gif

^

ok wanton so if people have different opinions from yourself it's nonsense according you,bit of a childish mentality you are showing there,at least these people are giving their opinions and not nitpicking with sly digs at posters constantly telling people what they can and can't say in this and other threads in the motorbike forum.gets pretty boring and repetitive don't you think.
taninthai, its nice to have you back on board. Hope you had a good time. I missed your grinch attitude and your skills in staying offtopic laugh.png

Seriously, do you have anything ontopic to add to the "Big Bike Ban in Khao Yai"? I already wrote a lot. But your only contribution so far is "beeping is bad, loud pipes are good", besides a bit trolling.

anyone care to explain the concept of 'ignore' to the person above.....l cannot, cos he is ignoring me.

Unfortunately, the Thai Visa app is still showing your dumbass posts even though I have you on ignore. "Poor assumptions for 600, Alex".

Unbelievable. How in the hell did a post titled "Big Bike Ban In Khao Yai" turn into some sort of horn squabble?? I still haven't figured out why I was singled out at Khao Yai. Well, part of it I imagine was because I am a farang and the Knob that stopped me was hoping for a bribe. I have no idea what db levels are acceptable, or if there really is an official limit. For the record the bike was a 2007 Harley Sportster 1200 with Vance and Hines baffled pipes. I would guess the db output would be around 90db, maybe a little more? There are certainly much louder bikes out there than mine.

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

I use my horn and never had any problems.

Unbelievable. How in the hell did a post titled "Big Bike Ban In Khao Yai" turn into some sort of horn squabble?? I still haven't figured out why I was singled out at Khao Yai. Well, part of it I imagine was because I am a farang and the Knob that stopped me was hoping for a bribe. I have no idea what db levels are acceptable, or if there really is an official limit. For the record the bike was a 2007 Harley Sportster 1200 with Vance and Hines baffled pipes. I would guess the db output would be around 90db, maybe a little more? There are certainly much louder bikes out there than mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40ZG1_uURBs

Quite loud actually for idle if this is similar to yours. The fact that there are louder bikes is of course moot if yours is already too loud.

my opinion is the horn will get you noticed alright , it will also get you 7 shades of <deleted> kicked out of you
Only if the Thai has a car full of mates or a gun. Otherwise, not going to happen. Edited by H1w4yR1da

Quite loud actually for idle if this is similar to yours. The fact that there are louder bikes is of course moot if yours is already too loud.

Yeah, I suppose I can believe those readings in the video. The db meter in relation to the Sportster is located in the area I would expect the db readings to be the loudest. The definition of "too loud" varies with the individual smile.png .

Yeah, I suppose I can believe those readings in the video. The db meter in relation to the Sportster is located in the area I would expect the db readings to be the loudest. The definition of "too loud" varies with the individual smile.png .

Of course that varies with the person that is why there should be set limits and procedures. But if its that loud just ideling I don't want to know how loud it is riding.

But anyway a standardized test like x cm / inches from the exhaust with a meter of x brand on x setting would be good. Then its fair for everyone and then you know ahead if your able to go in or not.

But too loud in a nature park is sooner of course then too loud on a racing track (don't go to a racing track if you don't like the sound of engines and too loud in the afternoon is different as too loud at night near the bedroom of someone) But that is why a standardized test would be good. Doubt they have it though.