Realestate Market

BKK90210

Most of the posts indicate to me that the posters have no interest in nightlife and being far from any city doesn't seem to be a problem. I would think that you guys are on the wrong side of the Gulf. The area around Pra Chuap Kirikhan is absolutely beautiful. Beaches are pristine and national parks, waterfalls and mountains are nearby.

I mention this because I think most of the better building sites on the Eastern Seaboard are now owned by speculators and there are very few bargains left. I would have looked seriously at Pra Chuap as well as Nong Kai near the Mekong river if my Thai wife had not had a home in Loei province. As it is we are in a very scenic area. There are VERY few farangs and no superstores in this area. After a couple of years here I have learned to do without the farang activities and stores but it would be nice to have the convenience without driving 150 kilometers.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure I could be further away than 20 minutes from Pattaya / Jomtien.A weekend home somewhere further afield maybe but permanant residence, I need to be pretty close.There are huge problems with organising a development so the chances are nothing will come of it but it is possible, look at some of the existing developments 8-10 houses and a lot where done this way.Somebody naturally has to take the Lead and then there's a lot of trust involved.Now I don't mean to be negative but Trust & Pattaya are 2 words that don't often go together.

Well for me I prefer not to live too close to Pattaya/Jomtien ……and Bang Saray is the closet I can have. I’m even thinking about Rayong too at this moment…. Having more unspoiled local beaches and plenty of local activities which I love and enjoy very much.

I don’t drink..... so bars scene is not for me. My wife is Thai/American architect practicing in the US, so owning the land is not a problem for us, I trust her – been married to her for 20 yrs.

If we could not get together to do this, then I and my wife were thinking of developing our own small development somewhere in Rayong, because she had also expressed her desire to open the “Head-Start program” for local thai preschoolers in the area. She also has some thai relatives owning a small resort in RiverKwai – Kanchanaburi area, in which we might be looking around that area too, but I very much doubt it – because I can not live without a seaview …..mountains and lakes are just not for me.

Edited by BKK90210

Rayong :o ??

Wouldn't go nearer than Ban Chang.

The Rayong people are arrogant, unpleasant parvenus. Loud, never smile and speak the ugliest Thai I've ever heard.

Also the pollution of the environment is far from tolerable. I am not a friend of Pattaya but if I had to choose I always would give Pattaya the go!

I can't believe that your wife would like to stay in Rayong!

Patex

Rayong :o ??

Wouldn't go nearer than Ban Chang.

The Rayong people are arrogant, unpleasant parvenus. Loud, never smile and speak the ugliest Thai I've ever heard.

Also the pollution of the environment is far from tolerable. I am not a friend of Pattaya but if I had to choose I always would give Pattaya the go!

I can't believe that your wife would like to stay in Rayong!

Patex

Want to elaborate more about it?

Both of us haven’t been to Rayong and have no idea what the place likes, Just look at the map and many websites, it seems to be a ok place. We're planning to check the place out at the end of the year when we will be in Jomtien again. My wife is from Bangkok but I wouldn't live there with all those pollution and traffics!

Man Oh Man…..this land hunting thing is giving me a headache more and more….

...The Rayong people are arrogant, unpleasant parvenus. Loud, never smile and speak the ugliest Thai I've ever heard....

Want to elaborate more about it?...

I know, this was a little generalizing :o. Not so long ago, Rayong was famous for the "Nam Blaa", nothing more. The people were fisherman or farmer.

Now they are the "Detroit of Thailand".

Some of them became rich from selling their land.

Nowadays a lot of them are well-earning, skilled workers, trying hard to keep up with the Joneses.

Btw, the oceanview is one of the sadest all around Thailand :D .

Patex

...The Rayong people are arrogant, unpleasant parvenus. Loud, never smile and speak the ugliest Thai I've ever heard....

Want to elaborate more about it?...

I know, this was a little generalizing :o. Not so long ago, Rayong was famous for the "Nam Blaa", nothing more. The people were fisherman or farmer.

Now they are the "Detroit of Thailand".

Some of them became rich from selling their land.

Nowadays a lot of them are well-earning, skilled workers, trying hard to keep up with the Joneses.

Btw, the oceanview is one of the sadest all around Thailand :D .

Patex

Correct me if I'm wrong - and I probably am - but when I went to Rayong some years ago, the beaches weren't too bad, but no swimming was allowed - too dangerous. Is all of Rayong like this?

Correct me if I'm wrong - and I probably am - but when I went to Rayong some years ago, the beaches weren't too bad, but no swimming was allowed - too dangerous. Is all of Rayong like this?
Over long distances the beach is tree/shadowless or close to industrial facilities.Boring coastline. Water always murky, not very inviting for a swim. Also the "dangerous- part" is believeable.

Maybe there are a few, not so bad places but I don't know them :o .

Patex

• 2 weeks later...
So in your little paradise, thaivisa sam buys plot number 3 - he is a really good guy - but he puts the property in his Thai girlfriends name - suddenly he has a heart attack 5 months into the building and dies without leaving a will. She gets no money from his estate and has no real desire on what to do about a house thats 60% finished. Well, the roof is on, the window frames are in but no aircon and kitchen. Never mind she can bring the family down to help her finish it. Only problem is they have no money to finish it. The GF's mother says, why dont we open a shop in the front - that way we can raise some money by selling somtam and stuff. GF's brother says, well if we are going to do that we might as well bring down the karioke machine from Buriram and plug it into the old guys TV and start selling beer as well. The other concerned residents get out their covenants and say "but you cant do that" Thai GF says, try and stop me - then what do you do? Things get heated, police get dragged in (after a communal donation to the police widow and orphan fund) - basically say look my dear, you cant sell alcohol. So she is peeved and goes and buys 20 chickens to let wander around the garden - can always sell the eggs.

Remaining paragraphs snipped for brevity.

I am a bit late to the party but very funny satire Digger. Eagerly awaiting your next installment. :o