The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

18 hours ago, matta330 said:

I tried the Great American Sandwich Company tonight.  The menu was as posted above.  I was torn between the Philly Cheesteak and the Club Hoagie, but went with the Philly since I had chicken earlier in the day.  The sandwich itself was very good, the only negative was the cheese sauce left a little to be desired, but the meat was cooked perfectly and the green pepper was still slightly crunchy.

The fries were cooked perfectly as well.

I will be back.

20170324_171556.jpg

Just classic industrial "food", I wonder why even eating it ?

1 minute ago, Rajab Al Zarahni said:

Food to further the world obesity crisis.

I've seen worse and there aren't many foods that aren't OK to eat on rare occasions. 

This is not a health topic.

Please read the OP for guidance. 

Please back to Pattaya restaurant news/snippets/"reviews"/information, etc. 

• Like 2

If you cross Pattaya Glang from the Soi Buakhao Junction, and walk a little right, you will come across 2 new Japanese places, the smaller one of the two looks more interesting.

And a new Vietnamese Restaurant, that looks interesting, as it is a Pho type place.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

If you cross Pattaya Glang from the Soi Buakhao Junction, and walk a little right, you will come across 2 new Japanese places, the smaller one of the two looks more interesting.

And a new Vietnamese Restaurant, that looks interesting, as it is a Pho type place.

Yes, thank you for mentioning. I have noticed the two Japanese places and looked at the menus but not yet motivated to try them. One of them (name something like Maguro, not sure?) claims to have a Japanese chef. The other one seems linked in some way to some kind of lady entertainment nightlife type thingie, not sure, but I get that vibe. 

I did not notice the new VIETNAMESE place you mentioned! Very interesting that. Can you possibly provide some clues as to where it is more exactly?

On 25/03/2017 at 7:46 AM, KittenKong said:

Retox original.

Retox Game On.

Retox Darkside.

Add to that Robin Hood and some resort on an island somewhere. And apparently the owner is considering opening in Bangkok.

Do the Retox group not also have something to do with Bite Me on 3rd road now?

35 minutes ago, Mattd said:

At one point Bite Me were going to have some sort of arrangement with Robin Hood but it never really happened. Not surprising as the clientele is quite different but a shame none the less as Bite Me offered more upmarket food at a reasonable price.

2 hours ago, Mattd said:

There is a Retox sign hanging above the place but it has looked closed when I have been past it recently?

Many of you probably know about this place.  Tonight is what I feel is the greatest buffet in Pattaya.  The greatest for the quality of food, preparation, variety, and price.

399 b at Cherry's.  It is just off 3rd road down the street from Bliss lounge. :)

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

Just now, bkk6060 said:

Many of you probably know about this place.  Tonight is what I feel is the greatest buffet in Pattaya.  The greatest for the quality of food, preparation, variety, and price.

399 b at Cherry's. 

An oldie but goody.  Are they still packed for that? 

New most likely casual "authentic" Chinese restaurant opening soon in South Pattaya!

It will be located in the sadly closed New Pars Iranian restaurant on 2nd road near the Beverly Plaza Hotel. 

All I know now is that it's Chinese and it's a restaurant. I can tell because all the signage is in Chinese and the joint has restaurant tables. It's not large enough to be only for tour groups so that's good. I'm less than optimistic that they will have an English menu. I'm guessing the prices will not be overly high based on the neighborhood and casual look of redesign. 

There is always google translate with pictures and other apps specifically for Chinese language translation.

Edited by Jingthing

Hopefully this is appropriate, it is related to the local Pattaya restaurant scene.  I've received interesting "Line" messages from Robin Hood and Retox.  Apparently they're related.  

I am in no way affiliated with nor do I have an interest in being part of their organization.

Choose your Carvery or Roast Dinner location today 
We got all the bases covered 
Darkside.  All you can eat 375 baht 

Robin Hood All you can eat 395 baht 

Retox Lengkee.    Dinner in huge Yorkshire Pudding 199 baht

Retox Honey. Small plated 199 baht 
                        Large Plated 299 baht
More roast dinners than ANYONE else.....
Come and see why.

Now you can ….. Get involved.
Phase 1 is now completed.
We now have 4 Retox Bars, The Robin Hood Tavern and a production kitchen as part of the group
This makes us the Biggest Sports bar/restaurant group in Thailand
Now onto phase 2
We are now actively seeking partners/investors as part of our controlled expansion of the Retox Brand into , 2 locations in Bangkok, Phuket, Koh Samui , Chiang Mai, Udon Thani , China , Cambodia and Vietnam
Proven model with guaranteed returns 

Edited by Roger Lee

Well, I suppose, but claims of guaranteed returns of 8 percent seems more of a business forum topic.

It's interesting they mention that they already have a production kitchen.

The Bite Me location had a production kitchen. Is that where they mean?

That certainly is good information on all of their brand's options for Sunday roasts!

Edited by Jingthing

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well, I suppose, but claims of guaranteed returns of 8 percent seems more of a business forum topic.

It's interesting they mention that they already have a production kitchen.

The Bite Me location had a production kitchen. Is that where they mean?

That certainly is good information on all of their brand's options for Sunday roasts!

I removed the photo, if you want back just let me know.  I agree perhaps it was a little bit off topic and even gaudy.  Just trying to stay on topic!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Could not find it or anything close to it other than a Filipino restaurant. The two or three Japanese joints do seem to mix in with karaoke venues next door. Who knows if they are in fact related. I did not look on the opposite side of Klang for the Vietnamese Restaurant but I do know that area sort of as well as I do my own palm. There you don't of course need your own palm. God Bless You and OO. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2017 at 10:14 AM, TaaSaparot said:

If you cross Pattaya Glang from the Soi Buakhao Junction, and walk a little right

I am not sure how clearer I can be with my directions, unless I take you by the hand and personally take you there ?

3 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

I am not sure how clearer I can be with my directions, unless I take you by the hand and personally take you there ?

Again, please provide more specific information on where the new VIETNAMESE restaurant you mentioned is located. I know that area well, and recently, and have never seen it. 

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Again, please provide more specific information on where the new VIETNAMESE restaurant you mentioned is located. I know that area well, and recently, and have never seen it. 

I just went back over there due to an illness. Coming out of Pattaya Memorial crossing Klang, turning right, and making clear logical observations I went all the way to Third Road and didn't find a Vietnamese restaurant. This concerns me because the member said "pho" was served, which is just noodles but I like noodle soup with Vietnamese spices(other than dog). God Be With You and OO. 

48 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It is EXACTLY 4 doors up from the Japanese restaurants.

In a nation built on appalling communication and misinformation, this place is a masterpiece of bad advertising as there is no indication of any type at ground level as to what the place is, apart from a billboard outside that simply says "food" and "drink" with a half-dozen photos. However if you cross over the road and look upwards it has two large signs announcing that it is Vietnamese. Ideal for people who walk in the gutter whilst looking at the stars, I suppose.

I would be interested to know what the pho is like, if indeed they sell it. I miss pho. And laksa (not Vietnamese).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well we're getting there. But I'm aware of two Japanese restaurants in that area, not adjacent. So 4 doors "up" from which Japanese restaurant ... and what does "up" mean? Towards 2nd or 3rd? 

Hmm. Do I sense a wind-up?

I saw a group of Japanese restaurants. I didnt count them. This place is four doors from the last of the group. It is "up" in the sense of "up the hill" and also "up" as in "further" when coming from Soi Buakow and "up" as in "going from 2nd to 3rd".

Honestly if you cant find the place from my original description then you need a guide dog and white stick. Even if you check all the places within four doors on either side, it's only eight places in total. I will guarantee that only one of the eight is a Vietnamese restaurant.