How High Are The Coasts For A Fm License Radio Station?

Sandman77

hello!

Here in Thailand we have everywhere many around 60 and serval hundred radio station in Thailand! Only want know is it easy to open a fm station ? How much the license one year?

Can everybody open, or are the most pirate stations ?

When someone send in Thailand without license , how high are the fines?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Good luck to you! I have been trying to open a station for over 12 months!

The problem is your station is not allowed to broadcast unless registered and no further applications for registration are allowed, so no new stations. When the regulatory body finaly gets around to it they will go through the registered stations and decide who can have a license. If either a community or commercial license is not granted you will have to stop broadcasting.

The situation before last year was that all stations were neither licensed or registered and there was no government body to regulate brodcasting. All stations broadcasting had to register before a certain date or they would be illegal. This date passed about a year ago. Any station starting to broadcast now will be a pirate and if it was a farang behind the station he would probably be prosecuted.

Another major problem in a built up area like Pattaya is that every frequency is taken! I have done many scans of the whole band and could not find one clear channel where you could broadcast without causing interferance to other stations. But this does not seem to stop the temples just turning on a transmitter and broadcasting to the area around them, wiping out any station already there!

Chris