Thaksin Not To Blame For Soap Being Canned: Pheu Thai

Lite Beer

Let's face it any reason that removes any lakorn from TV has got to be a good thing. Christ they make Telenovelas look like "Citizen Kane" biggrin.png

Well, they simply replaced it with another equally infantile tears-laden shouting match, this time without the political overtones.

What next, is he going to issue a statement saying he wasn't to blame for the Holocaust.

Anything to keep his name in print.

the irony!! His opponents in the media, and to a lesser extent people on here keep him in the print far more than any of his supporters. On TV any subject is within 5 posts brought or blamed on Thaksin, and his name is not raised by his supporters or people who are more rational about the situation on here.

As if Thaksin could be bothered about a) trying to view some thai soup opera cool.png if he was watching it, which is probably a 1 in a million chance, he could be bothered to phone up and get them to cut it. Some people are really living in another universe on here.

Chances are he didn't watch the soupy. He is however very aware of how easily his followers can be brainwashed though as are the UDD. Having seen the stark similarities between the soup and Thaksin in regards to corruption, his sons name, the corrupt deputy prime minister etc etc they decided it was in Thaksins and the parties best interests not to have the show broadcast lest the easily led supporters start to see the similarities themselves and (heaven forbid) start to see the reality of the criminals they are supporting.

cheesy.gif Just love how all the nutbags come out and blame Thaksin for everything. If the sun don't shine, bloody Thaksin, if they burn thier toast bloody Thaksin. It is very entertaining listening to them all.

Go ahead and laugh, perhaps your laughter will turn to deep concern when your kids live in a family and cronies run dictatorship.

DO YOU REALLY THINK that thaksin has the time or inclination to watch such trash? I think not,

I would guess that his time would be on a few things other than this trip!!!

All the thaksin and red shirt bashers have an OVER active imadgination what a joke!!! GET A LIFEpassifier.gif

Point in case from my above comment.

What next, is he going to issue a statement saying he wasn't to blame for the Holocaust.

the irony!! His opponents in the media, and to a lesser extent people on here keep him in the print far more than any of his supporters. On TV any subject is within 5 posts brought or blamed on Thaksin, and his name is not raised by his supporters or people who are more rational about the situation on here.

As if Thaksin could be bothered about a) trying to view some thai soup opera cool.png if he was watching it, which is probably a 1 in a million chance, he could be bothered to phone up and get them to cut it. Some people are really living in another universe on here.

Chances are he didn't watch the soupy. He is however very aware of how easily his followers can be brainwashed though as are the UDD. Having seen the stark similarities between the soup and Thaksin in regards to corruption, his sons name, the corrupt deputy prime minister etc etc they decided it was in Thaksins and the parties best interests not to have the show broadcast lest the easily led supporters start to see the similarities themselves and (heaven forbid) start to see the reality of the criminals they are supporting.

This is obviously your opinion, not fact.

"Former PM Thaksin stays overseas and he certainly could not view this drama, so he had nothing to do with this matter,"

But Thais in new Zealand can, I am reliably (?) informed. I suppose they could have more expertise with telecommunications..........

Hmmm, my wife in the US is watching it now on youtube. Along with many other stupid Thai soap operas.

This should be of concern to all the good people of Thailand , channel 3 pulling a program ,it would be nice if Channel 3 would offer some excuse , so that all the paranoia, gobbly gook and the BullS!!t stops and we all start living.coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Publicity publicity publicity. Wait for an announcement saying that due to public demand the final three episodes will be shown, quickly followed by a dawn DSI raid on the studio. However all will be well as the producer will escape out of a window and down a drainpipe with the episodes on disc. These will then be broadcast via the Christmas Day spaceships entertainment system using the moon as a screen.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

This should be of concern to all the good people of Thailand , channel 3 pulling a program ,it would be nice if Channel 3 would offer some excuse , so that all the paranoia, gobbly gook and the BullS!!t stops and we all start living.coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Personally I couldn't care less if they removed every single soap from the Television. This hasn't effected my quality of life and I am still living as normal.thumbsup.gif Oh and those irritating comedy shows with the canned laughter and sound effects.

Even if it is true, it does sound pretty stupid to be complaining about a thing like this. While there are serious ramifications if this were true... what is the opposition doing about it except bicker and whine?

I'm starting to root for Thaksin and the reds really. Why? Because they have their sh*t together. The yellow-shirt buffoons had their chance when they seized power -- but all they did was fight and claw over who gets the money. They are no better than the reds when it comes to morals and they are seemingly more incompetent.

For example -- the DSI. The yellows couldn't use them to their advantage -- which they SHOULD have. But the reds? Maximum effect.

cheesy.gif Just love how all the nutbags come out and blame Thaksin for everything. If the sun don't shine, bloody Thaksin, if they burn thier toast bloody Thaksin. It is very entertaining listening to them all.

I

don't think you or some of the other posters have either seen the soap or know what it is about. It was all very close to the bone. Rumours on the Thai social networking are that it was pulled because of Yingluck, I have only seen the reference to Thaksin today. One thing is for sure, regardless what you think about the soap, hundreds of thousands of people are really really pi**ed off. With Thais, this move was definitely not a vote winner thats for sure, and these folks bear a grudge for a long long time.

• Like 1

This is obviously your opinion, not fact.

Same as your opinion that Thaksin would not watch it.. amazing you must travel with him to know what he watches. Many Thais all around the world watch Thai TV on the net. Why not Thaksin?

Do you know WHY the series was canned?

sent from my Q6

• Like 1

Go ahead and laugh, perhaps your laughter will turn to deep concern when your kids live in a family and cronies run dictatorship.

DO YOU REALLY THINK that thaksin has the time or inclination to watch such trash? I think not,

All the thaksin and red shirt bashers have an OVER active imadgination what a joke!!! GET A LIFEpassifier.gif

The food chain pyramid depending on him includes scores of people ready or instructed to care for all matters interfering with his image or interests.

Sure he doesn't need to take care of it personally. Orders have been given long ago

Reminds me of this interesting talk show on a Thai channel where Hong Kong anti-corruption officials had been invited to explain how HK had achieved substantial results in the field.

And how the signal was cut after a few minutes... Airing resumed later with a traditional Thai theater show instead.

Can you smell the same putrid odor?

I

don't think you or some of the other posters have either seen the soap or know what it is about. It was all very close to the bone. Rumours on the Thai social networking are that it was pulled because of Yingluck, I have only seen the reference to Thaksin today. One thing is for sure, regardless what you think about the soap, hundreds of thousands of people are really really pi**ed off. With Thais, this move was definitely not a vote winner thats for sure, and these folks bear a grudge for a long long time.

Indeed, don't mess with soap operas, now that's some serious s**t.

DO YOU REALLY THINK that thaksin has the time or inclination to watch such trash?

Yes, I agree with this. "Don't bother me with this <deleted>!" would be an appropriate response.

But that his minions issued such a statement of denial raises suspicions, and we all know they don't do anything without the approval of Big Boss.

I saw movie once where cops were cruising down the street and they saw a hooker they knew.

They called out to her by name, and she said "I ain't working, I just went out to the store. And I don't know nothin' about no taxi cab stick-up!"

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra was not behind the abrupt termination on Friday night of the soap opera "Nua Mek 2"

Well, whoever was behind it, did us all a great favour. The question is, why don't they terminate all the soap operas?

Perhaps the millions of Thais who are p*ssed off that the show has been cancelled for portraying Thai politicians as corrupt sleazebags may start to ponder along the lines that there is no smoke without fire.....

I've met Indonesians who have a healthy (and helpless) attitude about corruption in their country, sort of a cynical "We're #1!"

I wonder, if put the right way, certain Thais might take this stand as a competitive challenge.

Maybe every year ASEAN should issue a gold statuette for Most Corrupt ASEAN member nation.

Of course he doesn't have to watch but he knows everything that happens here as he has enough loyal followers desperate to be recognised to keep him informed. After all he's running the country !

Does the paymaster watch Thai TV in Dubai or wherever he is? Probably does catch a few programs.

Is he personally trying to monitor every word that is said or written about him / pt / udd / red shirts, etc etc. Probably no, but with his big ego, maybe yes to some extent.

Does he have personal staff or does he use professional agencies which provide these continuous monitoring and quick reporting services? (They do exist - I worked for years for an international company which used several of these agencies for global marketing intelligence, and they are professinal outfits.)

Probably a big YES imho. Amsterdam or his associates probably have been / maybe still are part of this activity.

Or as another member said - plenty of red minions desperate to please the big man.

Edited by scorecard

Even if it is true, it does sound pretty stupid to be complaining about a thing like this. While there are serious ramifications if this were true... what is the opposition doing about it except bicker and whine?

I'm starting to root for Thaksin and the reds really. Why? Because they have their sh*t together. The yellow-shirt buffoons had their chance when they seized power -- but all they did was fight and claw over who gets the money. They are no better than the reds when it comes to morals and they are seemingly more incompetent.

For example -- the DSI. The yellows couldn't use them to their advantage -- which they SHOULD have. But the reds? Maximum effect.

I sincerely hope you don't teach English

• Like 2

You are making the arguement for the Democrats with those statements. DSI should not be used as apolitical tool at all. It just shows the red shirts are manipulative and abusing there power. AND in the case of the DSI obviously throwing maney to certain parties to make them pliable to the twisted red shirt ideology.

The yellow-shirt buffoons had their chance when they seized power -- but all they did was fight and claw over who gets the money. Abhisit introduced the policy that all Democrat MPs would have to declare their assets and any involvement in private companies as opposed to only members of the cabinet. Thaksin would never have made it as a Democrat under those conditions as would 99% of the PTP members.

If your comments were sarcasim however I take my hat off to you. I could not have written a better fairy tale myself.

Or recent history. The yellow shirts seized power? Not in the 16 years that I've lived here. You are also somewhat economical with the truth about starting to support Thaksin & the reds - I seem to remember you doing that before. Back to topic.

It may only be a soap opera but it is a big deal to Thais (millions) who watch the genre avidly. The strength of the denial about Thaksin's involvement points to his minions doing it for him. How many times have we seen lies (aka denials) about his involvement about cabinet places, the rice scam, his whitewash, the constitution - just about everytning the PTP does actually.

It wouldn't have taken much in the way of pressure on the Maleenonts (one of whom was a deputy minister in either TRT or PPP, when in government) to pull the plug.

• Like 2

Does the paymaster watch Thai TV in Dubai or wherever he is? Probably does catch a few programs.

Is he personally trying to monitor every word that is said or written about him / pt / udd / red shirts, etc etc. Probably no, but with his big ego, maybe yes to some extent.

Does he have personal staff or does he use professional agencies which provide these continuous monitoring and quick reporting services? (They do exist - I worked for years for an international company which used several of these agencies for global marketing intelligence, and they are professinal outfits.)

Probably a big YES imho. Amsterdam or his associates probably have been / maybe still are part of this activity.

Or as another member said - plenty of red minions desperate to please the big man.

Let's have a reality dose here. Given Thaksin's massive ego, does anyone think for one second that Thaksin would NOT

watch a TV show about him?? That is simply impossible. Bet he had a few laughs in Dubai, before picking up the phone

and getting the show canceled. And for those of you who think a Thai TV show cannot be watched in Dubai, step away from

your computer because you do not deserve to operate such an amazing device...

Never forget the famous catch phrase, Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts.

• Like 1

Let's have a reality dose here. Given Thaksin's massive ego, does anyone think for one second that Thaksin would NOT

watch a TV show about him?? That is simply impossible. Bet he had a few laughs in Dubai, before picking up the phone

and getting the show canceled. And for those of you who think a Thai TV show cannot be watched in Dubai, step away from

your computer because you do not deserve to operate such an amazing device...

Never forget the famous catch phrase, Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts.

A M E N.