New Honda Pcx 300Cc Available In Thailand

Xonax

I got my new black Forza some days ago from my Honda dealer in Hua Hin.

The Forza 300 is a pleasure to ride - far more «mature» than my former PCX 125. I very liked the PCX, but it was too small for my rides to the town. WIth Forza I can travel the same speed as the cars and in their lane, with no fear to be overtaken. The bike is also very stable on a windy day.

The Forza is not as mobile in city traffic as the PCX, but I always try driving safe and not in Thai style. Fuel consumption is currently as claimed from Honda: 30 km/l in town (3.3 l/100km), up to 33 km/l (3 l/100km) cross-country (not exceeding 5000 to 6000 rpm).

The storage under the seat is enough for some stuff. I can now store my helmet plus motor jacket and gloves without any problem. Currently I don't need an additional storage box.

I like the red and white PCX, but the Forza looks better (more bold) in black.

• Like 1

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I pulled up outside the Mityon Special Parts Bike Shop on Pattaya Tai late afternoon and lo 'n' behold there was a white Forza parked in front. Amazing difference a colour change makes. I like it it white.

It was my bike, I was asking a few tuning parts

It's a 300! What on earth do you want tuning parts for???

My question is...how do size 48 shoes fit on there? I would upgrade the PCX 125 to the Forza if I knew my feet weren't hanging off the edge when riding it which happens with both the old Airblade and the PCX. If I can't fit on there well than there's really no reason to upgrade for everyone else is there?

My Thai chum just bought a 400cc Suzuki scooter. Think it is called Skywave. Single cylinder auto. smile.png

Have a pic on my phone, will post if you want to see it.

Also called a Burgman. Puts out about 32 HP. 0-100 km/h is some 10 seconds. Goes 130 (?) km/h top speed.

My Thai chum just bought a 400cc Suzuki scooter. Think it is called Skywave. Single cylinder auto. smile.png

Also called a Burgman. Puts out about 32 HP. 0-100 km/h is some 10 seconds. Goes 130 (?) km/h top speed.

We did 150. whistling.gif

We did 150. whistling.gif

Two up? That's quite impressive if so.

I pulled up outside the Mityon Special Parts Bike Shop on Pattaya Tai late afternoon and lo 'n' behold there was a white Forza parked in front. Amazing difference a colour change makes. I like it it white.

It was my bike, I was asking a few tuning parts

It's a 300! What on earth do you want tuning parts for???

Probably the same reason that chopper riders want to chrome up their overly wide too loud bikes....because they can.

• Like 1

My question is...how do size 48 shoes fit on there? I would upgrade the PCX 125 to the Forza if I knew my feet weren't hanging off the edge when riding it which happens with both the old Airblade and the PCX. If I can't fit on there well than there's really no reason to upgrade for everyone else is there?

I have 45 and no problem at all - just visit a show room an try for yourself, should be fine

I have 45 and no problem at all - just visit a show room an try for yourself, should be fine

Thanks.

48 ?!? have you been taking those HGH again ?

I grew up baan nok and rarely wore shoes. Now my feet are duck shaped. :(

Well i'm Donald Duck incarnate myself, but they still arent longer than 44, or here in thailand, 45/46.

pity, i'd like some nice shoes preferably with steel toe but cant find my size

Mostly stick to New Balance or Asics as they are wide enough. Even with that the latest New Balance I bought were 49 and fit ok enough on the width but have around 2 1/4 cm hanging off the end of my big toe.

Went to have a look at one today in LadKrabang

170,000baht all in (tax, plates, insurance).......

The seat was surprisingly low for such a bulky scooter, but i guess they have

to keep the vertically challenged happy ;)

While there i popped open all the compartments and the first thing i thought when

i lifted the seat 'My Shoei will never fit in there' Guess what, it didn't no

matter what angle i tried.

Two full sized helmets my hide!

Went to have a look at one today in LadKrabang

170,000baht all in (tax, plates, insurance).......

The seat was surprisingly low for such a bulky scooter, but i guess they have

to keep the vertically challenged happy ;)

While there i popped open all the compartments and the first thing i thought when

i lifted the seat 'My Shoei will never fit in there' Guess what, it didn't no

matter what angle i tried.

Two full sized helmets my hide!

Carlos my shoei fits in it. But you need to remove something plastic where you place the chin part.

Edited by loserlazer

You have to keep in mind that it´s a urban scooter and we rarely see here in Thailand, at least in Pattaya, two persons with full face helmets on small motorbikes.

I checked it out last week at Mityon on thep prasit road and our two Schuberth J1 (jet helmets) could fit in.

I regret that the seat cannot open in a more vertical way or, like on the tmax, by lifting the front instead of the back. It would be more convenient to fill it in but it´s no big deal.

Still better than having a topcase.

I haven't had the chance to test ride it but I really would like to as I was thinking about buying it for the wife.

I guess I will wait a few weeks and end up renting one for a few days.

You have to keep in mind that it´s a urban scooter and we rarely see here in Thailand, at least in Pattaya, two persons with full face helmets on small motorbikes. I checked it out last week at Mityon on thep prasit road and our two Schuberth J1 (jet helmets) could fit in. I regret that the seat cannot open in a more vertical way or, like on the tmax, by lifting the front instead of the back. It would be more convenient to fill it in but it´s no big deal. Still better than having a topcase. I haven't had the chance to test ride it but I really would like to as I was thinking about buying it for the wife. I guess I will wait a few weeks and end up renting one for a few days.

there is already one for rent at the left end of Soi 16 Naklua/Wongamt - German owner, i think 400 per day

You have to keep in mind that it´s a urban scooter and we rarely see here in Thailand, at least in Pattaya, two persons with full face helmets on small motorbikes. I checked it out last week at Mityon on thep prasit road and our two Schuberth J1 (jet helmets) could fit in. I regret that the seat cannot open in a more vertical way or, like on the tmax, by lifting the front instead of the back. It would be more convenient to fill it in but it´s no big deal. Still better than having a topcase. I haven't had the chance to test ride it but I really would like to as I was thinking about buying it for the wife. I guess I will wait a few weeks and end up renting one for a few days.

there is already one for rent at the left end of Soi 16 Naklua/Wongamt - German owner, i think 400 per day
400 per day? he must be either desperate or its not forza. PCX is around 300-400 per day, Forza would be double that

400 per day? he must be either desperate or its not forza. PCX is around 300-400 per day, Forza would be double that

i just rented a PCX for THB 5.500/month for a friend, so not even 200THB/day - i guess it depends on the lengths of rent

i just rented a PCX for THB 5.500/month for a friend, so not even 200THB/day - i guess it depends on the lengths of rent

No long time rent always way cheaper as with cars.

When I am on Phuket, I always rent a 125PCX from the same guy in Patong and only for 2-3 days and he charge me 300 bath pr day. I get a slight lower price because we now know each other a bit. The PCX I rent there now fells & looks old and tired compared to my own PCX150 but he don't take very good care of it, to him it's just a tool for making a living.

The new Fonza must be way more to rent, I would also think 6-800 pr day depending of how long time.

I still haven't seen one on the streets of Pattaya.

guzzi850m2, on 26 Feb 2013 - 21:37, said:

No long time rent always way cheaper as with cars.

When I am on Phuket, I always rent a 125PCX from the same guy in Patong and only for 2-3 days and he charge me 300 bath pr day. I get a slight lower price because we now know each other a bit. The PCX I rent there now fells & looks old and tired compared to my own PCX150 but he don't take very good care of it, to him it's just a tool for making a living.

The new Fonza must be way more to rent, I would also think 6-800 pr day depending of how long time.

I still haven't seen one on the streets of Pattaya.

Hopefully you will see one in 10 days or so, i ordered mine already biggrin.png

As for rental, absolutely, it should be double the price of PCX if not more being a new bike.

I also assume the up keep would be more expansive than the PCX, so the rental price would be pretty high

After my first 500km with the FORZA I have to say, really great bike, don't miss the PCX 150 for a second. Great driving comfort, huge storage, very quite ride and in all situations plenty of power/torque left for your own safety. Gasoline consumption was 3.7 l/100km with mixed city and overland tours. I didnt expected the very easy handling at low speed in city traffic - even my gf with 1.48m/39kg can ride it easily..........