For The Birds !

samuijimmy

I have the dame problems with white - it is a real problem with Canon. I am not ken on ND filters (I like to use them but for birding shots they are too awkward for me) I usually just set at -3 to -6 and this usually works but in overcast or dull jungle lighting this can be a problem also. My 6D seems to cope a bit better than the 60D in this respect but this is most likely the extra data that can be used in RAW processing.

White-crowned Forktail from Mae Wong NP.

Still working out how not to blow out the whites on subjects like this.

1/50sec; F5; Av mode; ISO 1250.

15758812849_e1943a2b9e_b.jpg

I have the dame problems with white - it is a real problem with Canon. I am not ken on ND filters (I like to use them but for birding shots they are too awkward for me) I usually just set at -3 to -6 and this usually works but in overcast or dull jungle lighting this can be a problem also. My 6D seems to cope a bit better than the 60D in this respect but this is most likely the extra data that can be used in RAW processing.

Should have used Man mode for this shot to slightly underexpose it and use ACR to tweak it. But as usual with this fidgety subjects one grabs the chance offered. I must have another dozeb shots which are no good, mainly motion blur. The 6D being FF would have helped here I think.

Sea birds ... but I know enough it is not Seagulls! whistling.gif

Look to be Great Crested Tern's Jimmy.

Never seen one, must come down your way some time.

You or anyone else on this photo forum, will be more than welcome .... thumbsup.gif

DAL will confirm I am a pretty good tour guide! ... Say yes DAL tongue.png

I am not sure if I have seen these Terns before around here!