Farm Photos

shaggy1969

I've converted the backyard of my mubaan into a farm to grow veggies as a trial. Pretty good results I would say from the yield that I get. I'm using cow dung here.

I realize that cow manure is good fertiliser as long as it has been composted because if it's not you usually get a lot of weeds.How are you getting around that?

I've converted the backyard of my mubaan into a farm to grow veggies as a trial. Pretty good results I would say from the yield that I get. I'm using cow dung here.

I realize that cow manure is good fertiliser as long as it has been composted because if it's not you usually get a lot of weeds.How are you getting around that?

If you think cow poo is bad .... don't try chicken poo, it's even worse for weeds and hotter too !... w00t.gif you should know that Ron, with them big cluckers you have up your way! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Edited by samuijimmy

I was told by my wife that the guy who reared the cows have them composted for a month or more before he sells them. Otherwise it will kill the veggies.

• Like 1

Ron if You grow Dragon Fruit ive found that putting a big sewer pipe around each of the post improves the fruit quality. , bit late now you've done the posts.wub.pngthumbsup.gif

That's interesting,haven't heard of that before for dragon fruit.Do you have the sewer pipe above ground and fill it up with soil mix ?

Yes, and it makes a difference. Old Fruit Farmer told me.

• Like 1

Hi lawrence

Great work with your backyard,thanks for sharing it with us.

I bet the veggies taste even better knowing you have grown them yourself.

I was told by my wife that the guy who reared the cows have them composted for a month or more before he sells them. Otherwise it will kill the veggies.

That's the way to do it.I use it in liquid form and let it age for at least a month before applying it to the plants.