Farm Photos

shaggy1969

How does the chook go looking after ducklings?I'll bet they had her scratching her head when they hatched.

I am sorry but I have run out of likes for the day.Very impressed with your photo's.

Hi Ron.....and a big welcome smile.png

Thank you for sharing your photos with us thumbsup.gif

Regarding the hen taking care of the ducklings.

Had some cases in the past where the mother ducks were stolen from the nest whilst she was sitting on her eggs and so we introduced an old broody hen to sit and hatch out the eggs.

It only became a problem when the ducklings would go for a swim and leave the foster hen and the side of the water and she would stand there shouting at the kids to get back on dry land w00t.gif

Also had cases like this where the old hen would bully a duck off her nest so the hen could sit the eggs herself.

1-001.jpg

• Like 2

How does the chook go looking after ducklings?I'll bet they had her scratching her head when they hatched.

I am sorry but I have run out of likes for the day.Very impressed with your photo's.

Had some cases in the past where the mother ducks were stolen from the nest whilst she was sitting on her eggs and so we introduced an old broody hen to sit and hatch out the eggs.

It only became a problem when the ducklings would go for a swim and leave the foster hen and the side of the water and she would stand there shouting at the kids to get back on dry land w00t.gif

Also had cases like this where the old hen would bully a duck off her nest so the hen could sit the eggs herself.

Hello Ron! Very nice to see you here! And after Shaggy i want to say. Good you discovered this amazing thread especially because you andyour familysmile.png started harvesting now. I think those big harvesters look very impressive and i only saw 1 upclose at a fair.

post-70928-0-15499900-1367555603_thumb.j

Now these babies go for a rough B2.000.000.

But i think you hire the boys and the machine from the village to get things done?

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hello Ron! Very nice to see you here! And after Shaggy i want to say. Good you discovered this amazing thread especially because you andyour familysmile.png started harvesting now. I think those big harvesters look very impressive and i only saw 1 upclose at a fair.

attachicon.gifIMG_7659 (1000 x 562).jpg

But i think you hire the boys and the machine from the village to get things done?

Cheers!

Yes we do hire these to do the job.From what I have been told around 20% goes right though and finishes back on the ground,I feel that from what I have seen that they are driven too fast forwards and maybe that could be looked at.At the present there is no better option although there is a smaller one made by Kubota who claim only a 3% loss and I think the cost per unit is only aroound half of those new larger ones.In our area anyone thinking of purchasing any type now should think again because there are too many around already. post-140056-0-16127900-1367557300_thumb. post-140056-0-18657000-1367557949_thumb.

• Like 1

Wow 2 million baht for one of these harvesters .... w00t.gif

When I started heading to this small farming village in Songkhla about 6 or 7 years ago, the was one of these machines in the village, where I stay, that was it!!!! My last trip a few weeks ago I counted about 14 of them within about an 8 km radius....

They all provide harvesting services.... what's strange now, is within the last 5 years or so, many of the paddies have be transformed to grow Palm Oil.... so less rice to harvest, but I guess enough rice to make the investment of these machines viable!

IMG_8414.JPG

• Like 2

Cheers!

Got to love all those wonderful adornments on the front of the harvester!

Cheers!

Yes we do hire these to do the job.From what I have been told around 20% goes right though and finishes back on the ground,I feel that from what I have seen that they are driven too fast forwards and maybe that could be looked at.At the present there is no better option although there is a smaller one made by Kubota who claim only a 3% loss and I think the cost per unit is only aroound half of those new larger ones.In our area anyone thinking of purchasing any type now should think again because there are too many around already. attachicon.gifKubota.JPG attachicon.gifkubota no2.jpg

People mainly buying them on credit?

Or is it a status thing to own one?

BookMan, Re Post #520 People mainly buying them on credit?

Or is it a status thing to own one?

It's probably a bit of both and it's the same with the Kubota and Yanmar tractors with so many in our area that they can't all hope to recoup their investment by hiring out tractor with driver.

• Like 1

They really are that pricy. At the fair i attended i could get a B10000 discount if i decided to buy 1 that evening. I respectfully declined and browsed around more at the next stands.... Where everyone was looking at! ....They even ignored the promo girl on the right!w00t.gif

post-70928-0-10763800-1367573406_thumb.j

Nissan! Or was it Honda..blink.png

post-70928-0-90721500-1367573411_thumb.j

Ay the machine appears quite diabolical and seems to have a life of its own like a transformer!

I am intrigued by it's design. Here's another 1wub.png

post-70928-0-82973100-1367573417_thumb.j

For all you farmers out there if there ever i a farmer's fair in town. Do check it outthumbsup.gif

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 2

They really are that pricy. At the fair i attended i could get a B10000 discount if i decided to buy 1 that evening. I respectfully declined and browsed around more at the next stands.... Where everyone was looking at! ....They even ignored the promo girl on the right!w00t.gif

attachicon.gifIMG_7748 (1000 x 562).jpg

Nissan! Or was it Honda..blink.png

attachicon.gifIMG_7750 (1000 x 562).jpg

Ay the machine appears quite diabolical and seems to have a life of its own like a transformer!

I am intrigued by it's design. Here's another 1wub.png

attachicon.gifIMG_7754 (1000 x 562).jpg

For all you farmers out there if there ever i a farmer's fair in town. Do check it outthumbsup.gif

10,000 baht discount. That's half of one percent ermm.gif

Those promo girls look lovely. I notice in the picture with the two of them together that they are both giving you the eye DAL tongue.png

Shaggy not the only one with a new born today, 9 of the 15 brown duck eggs I brought back from Songkhla several weeks ago, hatched today...

Surrogate mother and babies seem to be doing fine! A few shy ones are hiding!

Hmmmmm,have got a sneaky feeling that those brown duck eggs may turn out to be white duckies mate blink.png !!!

I could be wrong whistling.gif .....time will tell .

Keep us updated Jim thumbsup.gif

(no painting them brown if they turn out to be white)

Shaggy not the only one with a new born today, 9 of the 15 brown duck eggs I brought back from Songkhla several weeks ago, hatched today...

Surrogate mother and babies seem to be doing fine! A few shy ones are hiding!

Hmmmmm,have got a sneaky feeling that those brown duck eggs may turn out to be white duckies mate blink.png !!!

I could be wrong whistling.gif .....time will tell .

Keep us updated Jim thumbsup.gif

(no painting them brown if they turn out to be white)

Oh no, I hope not, what makes you say that? w00t.gif

They came from a farm that only has brown duckies! and the nice lady there, assured us they were going to be brown ... whistling.gif

Oh no, I hope not, what makes you say that? w00t.gif

They came from a farm that only has brown duckies! and the nice lady there, assured us they were going to be brown ... whistling.gif

Ooooops !!! Shaggy thinks that Shaggy's thoughts should sometimes only stay in Shaggy's head and not be shared with other people !!!! blink.png

If all the ducks were brown ones then there is a very,very good chance that yours will be brown also. thumbsup.gif

Ahem......In my defense,The natal down of a duckling 'usually' depicts the colour that the adult bird will become.

Yellow = white,black/yellow = black/white,brown = brown or dark plumage and so on ......

I bet your neighbours young lad is over the moon with the new arrivals biggrin.png

(couldn't resist throwing in a couple of duck shots) whistling.gif

Well poor old Shaggy possibly a bit short on sleep! ... Time will tell I guess whether they turn brown or ? maybe pink! tongue.pngbiggrin.png I keep everyone posted!

Pics are great too....thumbsup.gif

Here's my Italian Basil.... not a good angle shot.... wink.png

Needs picking to make some pesto soon! But this will last months if keep in cut back... thumbsup.gif

2013-05-03-620.jpg

My Chillies not fairing so well... sad.png

2013-05-03-619.jpg

And not sure why the Dill is soooo slow! blink.png

2013-05-03-621.jpg

• Like 1

Needs picking to make some pesto soon! But this will last months if keep in cut back... thumbsup.gif

Unusual. Dill normally grows like an out of control weed

Unusual. Dill normally grows like an out of control weed

yeah I know, maybe this is a new dwarf type! ...wink.pngsad.pngor it did not get enough TLC because I was giving DAL too much when he was visitingbiggrin.pngtongue.png

AHA! Throwing in the puny Italian BASIL now, are we! I am on to youtongue.png.

Tsk, that it has to come to this..whistling.gif

I will counter with some freshly picked lemongrass i used later that day for my tomyammoo.

post-70928-0-95923500-1367669727_thumb.j post-70928-0-55119500-1367669734_thumb.j post-70928-0-62738300-1367669741_thumb.j.

Moewahahahalaugh.png

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 1