Farm Photos

shaggy1969

That's a beauty Ron ^

Makes for a better photo when there is no fog or smoke haze and you've got clouds as a bonus.

Apart from a little sharpening, it is as taken

Have to get rid of the dog as well.

Edited by Ron19

ron, the fertrilizer unit appears somewhat of a overkill, investestment wise, but i am not farming sugar cane in thailand and really have no desire too.

I wouldn't call it overkill as I imagine the fertilizer is placed below the roots and because the ground in this area is so hard at this time of the year that a unit such as this would be required.Each fertilizer hopper has a three pronged ripper below and that is why the larger tractor is required.A little Kubota or Yanmar wouldn't be in the hunt even for one box and if the unit is used on regrowth that would be more so.

Another thing is i'd imagine not many people growing sugarcane would have such a unit so this particular rig would be contracted out allowing the owner to recoup some of the costs and when not required the unit would be taken off and the tractor used for other work such as cultivation. I will see if I can take a better shot of the ripper prongs which are substantial.

• Like 2