Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Speaking of Bananas and so that Shaggy doesn't think I don't post on his thread (I have soooooooooooo many Farm photos)

Thanks for sharing mate.

Nice series of shots.

Beautiful how nature takes care of nature.

Did the eggs hatch out?

Edited by shaggy1969

Speaking of Bananas and so that Shaggy doesn't think I don't post on his thread (I have soooooooooooo many Farm photos)

Thanks for sharing mate.

Nice series of shots.

Beautiful how nature takes care of nature.

Did the eggs hatch out?

Mate ... don't know.

I think that was taken not long before I left the Farm.

Any particular Farm Photo you would like to see? Mind you we don't have chooks or pigs or the like.

Up to you fella.

I have never seen a bad photo from you yet.

So anything you choose to share will be fine and appreciated by myself and anyone else that views them.

Mate, better then the Sunsets (in my opinion) is getting the kids to and from school.

By page 24 ... there are few who actually keep tuned to this however ... I really liked making these two Videos.

post-104736-0-47465200-1368160474_thumb.

The Farm Transport at the boat dock (not the Farm)

The Farm Mother (grandmother to the kids) has just taken them to the nearest Soi, waited for them to be collected by the School Bus and is now heading home (below)

post-104736-0-84530600-1368160400_thumb.

Just Farm Mother and me about 7am after the kids are gone and we are returning home.

Part 2 of the above YouTube ...

EDIT ... I got the sequence wrong with the 2 Videos.

Edited by David48
  • Like 2

attachicon.gifLR DSCF7412.JPG

One of a million or so Sunsets at the Farm.

Awesome shot David thumbsup.gif

I spent the last 5 minutes just looking and soaking in the scene.

Have you thought about posting some of your sunset photos here?

I think that you should,would be a shame to keep them hidden away sad.png

Mate ... I can't compete with the semi-pros.

My stuff just comes from the heart.

Easily digestible ... don't have to chew (think) to mut ... biggrin.png

@ David48

You really should give yourself more credit for your photo skills mate !!!!

Photos that come from the heart are always welcome here.

Thanks also for post #581.thumbsup.gif

That boat looks like a fun way to get about.

Hat's off to Farm Mother,she handles that boat like a pro !!!

• Like 1

@ RBH

" You want some Shaggy ? w00t.gif ... Bullfrog tapoles !!! sick.gif "

I think I will pass on that one mate,if it is all the same to you !!!

Sorry about your breakfast !!!

Maybe when your missus gets back she can knock you up a Tadpole omelet licklips.gif

Plastic bags on fruit trees.... BAT BAGS! ..... To prevent fruit bats and insects getting to the fruit! thumbsup.gif

Sorry Jimmy I meant to reply to your post after seeing it but I got sidetracked.

What a simple but clever way of protecting the fruit !!!

How many trees does your neighbor have and does he do that with them all?

It must be very time consuming but worth it in the end,with the added bonus of the fruit already being bagged up smile.png

Here you have also a good usage of plastic bags.

Many rubber farmers will use an additive to turn their rubber sap into a solid form.

The ones that choose no to do this must try and protect the harvesting cups from the rain washing their crop away.

bag.JPG

• Like 2

Plastic bags on fruit trees.... BAT BAGS! ..... To prevent fruit bats and insects getting to the fruit! thumbsup.gif

Sorry Jimmy I meant to reply to your post after seeing it but I got sidetracked.

What a simple but clever way of protecting the fruit !!!

How many trees does your neighbor have and does he do that with them all?

It must be very time consuming but worth it in the end,with the added bonus of the fruit already being bagged up smile.png

Here you have also a good usage of plastic bags.

Many rubber farmers will use an additive to turn their rubber sap into a solid form.

The ones that choose no to do this must try and protect the harvesting cups from the rain washing their crop away.

Hi Shaggy.... well the guy actually doing the bagging was doing it for his landlord, only three or four mango trees on the property...

What caught my eye as I was driving by is I had never seen anyone doing this before, so I stopped to take photos.... he's a very approachable guy anyway and English is good... we often chit chat.. he's one of those Thai's who is always busy doing something for someone, even a volunteer for Samui rescue.... after his day job, I admire people like that! thumbsup.gif

I have never seen that on rubber trees around here or one my trips to the south... but then maybe not seen at the right time?

If anyone want's more detailed shots of how this thing is made just ask here... I'll get better close up pics, i don't think it is something on could go buy at a shop!

• Like 1

Is that Elvis !?!!

post-42398-0-18954400-1368198732_thumb.j

Not Photoshop, see that white farm quarter on the bottom right ? There's where i sleep beside the ponds.

It has been raining very night here in Chiang Rai, massive clouds.

post-42398-0-91008700-1368199291_thumb.ppost-42398-0-98525600-1368199521_thumb.p

Edited by RedBullHorn
  • Like 2

... see that white farm quarter on the bottom right ? There's where i sleep beside the ponds.

... and that's something that maybe few here realise ... is that the serious Farmers sleep next to their ponds.

The Farm Fathers brother, has a lovely house, but has to sleep in a corrugated tin shed to guard the ponds.

• Like 1

The photo below is one of the traditional carts from post #557.

Sorry if the photo is a little out of focus,we had just been racing with the Russian couple in the photo and my hands were a little shaky.

I didn't realize just how fast those bulls could run.An exhilarating experience,even if it was a bit painful on the old buttocks blink.png

DSCF3130-001.JPG

• Like 2

Second picture is the view around the corner in the first one.

The weather is still a problem and a constant worry.

Now its time to start weeding and replace the dead sticks.

I hope that you get the rain that you and many farmer badly need.

Great shots of your land and new crop btw thumbsup.gif

Second picture is the view around the corner in the first one.

The weather is still a problem and a constant worry.

Now its time to start weeding and replace the dead sticks.

I hope that you get the rain that you and many farmer badly need.

Great shots of your land and new crop btw thumbsup.gif

@ Shaggy i can vouch for this theft is really happening these days. Many farmers even go so far as to sleep right at the field they are working on. To protect their crops. I would do this myself if i was in their place. I have experienced this feeling @thefarm. It always seems to dominate the cause of the day. Many times at sundown my farm papa went to 1 of the active fields to "water" them, even when it wasn't necessary..

Luckily i am reunited with my big screen monitor to be able to enjoy the wonderful pictures of soidog again. When browsing on a notebook this is quite annoyingwhistling.gif

Edited by Dancealot

Luckily i am reunited with my big screen monitor to be able to enjoy the wonderful pictures of soidog again. When browsing on a notebook this is quite annoyingwhistling.gif

I have to concur with Dancealot on this.

To soidog2 and Sammi ... some all excellent photos but ...

But, they really distort the screen.

Maybe you guys use Explorer for your web browser and the photos are automaticly 're-sized for you'?

My browser doesn't do this and not only do the photos go off page ... so does the text.

I wish to enjoy all that you post, so don't stop posting because I'm moaning on ...

Just that I thought that I could add one more post to get to the #600 so we can drop

to a new page and no distortion ... biggrin.png

Edited by David48

I have to concur with Dancealot on this.

To soidog2 and Sammi ... some all excellent photos but ...

But, they really distort the screen.

Maybe you guys use Explorer for your web browser and the photos are automaticly 're-sized for you'?

My browser doesn't do this and not only do the photos go off page ... so does the text.

I wish to enjoy all that you post, so don't stop posting because I'm moaning on ...

Just that I thought that I could add one more post to get to the #600 so we can drop

to a new page and no distortion ... biggrin.png

I have experienced this feeling of relief David, we have the unique opportunity to initiate this right now. The previous "violator" didn't know what he did wrong until this was brought to his attention by caring members and there the problem was solved.

(between you and me)His pics are very detailed and refined, i looked at them for a long time. #599