Farm Photos

shaggy1969

cheesy.gif <deleted> Carlos,will you try and hold you computer the right way up when using cheesy.gif

Ditto......giving me a headache when looking at Carlos' photos....still great to see though.

...and thanks DAL for turning them up right.

Cheers.

• Like 1

:cheesy: <deleted> Carlos,will you try and hold you computer the right way up when using :cheesy:

Ditto......giving me a headache when looking at Carlos' photos....still great to see though.

...and thanks DAL for turning them up right.

Cheers.

Ditto ditto....

Doesn't matter which way up I hold the IPad, the pics look ok until I load them to here !

Pretty sure it is a site software issue and not me :)

Time for a bit of bull.... :P

ban%252520Khoa%252520Jan%2525202010%2525

That is a fine specimen..

They are very popular down south from us, on the way through Nakhon Si Tammarat.. Often see guys out walking there 'cash' cows...

Vicious horns on them, don't think I could ever go to a fight.. Too sick..

• Like 1

post-85853-0-43738800-1371103243_thumb.j

Welcome, Nora :)

post-85853-0-19710500-1371103329_thumb.j

Hope Mrs Cornish has learnt that putting 1 egg in the incubator everyday, makes for a long drawn out hatching process. Next time we will have a batch of the little fellas breaking free at the same time.

4 days now and 3 successful newbies.. Only 6 remaining...

• Like 2

Time for a bit of bull.... tongue.png

Does that nice colourful necklace signify anything ?

I am really not sure about the necklace, but think he was being cleaned up for a show?.... there seemed to be a few bulls around the village, that day, having a BULL Wash! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Time for a bit of bull.... tongue.png

ban%252520Khoa%252520Jan%2525202010%2525

That is a fine specimen..

They are very popular down south from us, on the way through Nakhon Si Tammarat.. Often see guys out walking there 'cash' cows...

Vicious horns on them, don't think I could ever go to a fight.. Too sick..

The bullfights in Thailand are something maybe the Spanish public could appreciate and embrace. Two Alpha males battling until exhaustion declares a winner. Never yet seen a bad injury. The odd scratch and scrape. 'And they are always up for it, 'cause they like it.

Regards.

Edit: this was Laos TV

post-25023-0-16615000-1371118393_thumb.j

post-25023-0-03845100-1371118419_thumb.j

Edited by teletiger

Rice machine.

what does it do Shaggy?

Hi Naam

As Dal Showed in another post,it is used for 'cleaning the rice'.

The rice seed would go in the right side pass through 3 rollers (2 rubber and 1 stone) to split the rice seed.

The rice grain would drop out the front,the husk would be blown out the back and the bran would fall out the left side.

Any broken rice would be collected under the machine.

post-126208-0-92185400-1371142975_thumb. post-126208-0-96456200-1371142973_thumb.post-126208-0-10593700-1371142975_thumb.

• Like 2

Good folks

This is just a friendly reminder that this is the Farming Forum and not Pub and Entertainment.

(Sorry if that sounds a little like Shaggy is 'up his own arse' but I feel that it needs to be said.)

I started this thread to show my own farm photos and hopefully in return you would show yours.

Please don't get me wrong,there have been many wonderful posts and I think I can safely

speak for all of us when I say that we have all enjoyed viewing them and still do,but it is starting

to become what I had hoped it wouldn't.

Believe me when I say that it was not easy for me to share my own photos,because I knew that

I would have to publicly admit to everyone that I had failed,none the less I continued and in my

eyes this thread has become a nice place to come and to view what myself and you guys have made

and are making for yourselves in Thailand.

So lets please try and keep this thread on track.

Many thanks and kind regards

Shaggy

• Like 2

Ha Ha ... I forgot about them.

I'm sure that they are Prawn Farming thread # 89 ... rolleyes.gif

EDIT ... that last one above ... I really like.

It was one of two favourite shots from that morning ...

post-104736-0-74852500-1371161326_thumb. . post-104736-0-30217600-1371161323_thumb.

Shows the real character of MissFarmGirl ... wub.png

I'm back on the Farm in a couple of months ... can't wait!

Edited by David48
  • Like 2

But not all Farm photos revolve around animals ...

post-104736-0-13051500-1371163280_thumb.

Farm Father repairing a motor

Above is one of the jobs the Farm routine involves.

That engine is probably older then my birthdate.

He simply strips it down, repairs what is needed and rebuilds it.

If anyone is asking, those blue circles are the tops off barrels which have been set into the ground for when the dirt turns to mud.

This is a similar style (notice the change in flywheel size) in action powering one of the Farm paddle wheels.

shaggy1969 ... I hope I and MissFarmGirl have anticipated what you were looking for in a return to the Threads focus?

Let us know ...

• Like 1