True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

I have been watching this thread for a while hoping to find out how i can watch the footy in the sticks 66km outside Surin next season.

Happy that CTH decided to offer sat coverage and taking in all the advice and views offered I took the plunge and decided to make contact with them.

The wife called the number listed on the website as our local provider to be met with a firm no we don't cover your area. We are only 16km from the town this supplier was listed as being in but he assured my wife he was in fact nowhere near us and based in another town completely.sad.png

Ok lets contact the call centre, 3 days without any answer has made me decide to leave it another few weeks. Maybe they are just toooo busy with all these football mad falangs registering.

I think the next step maybe to try the Surin number and hope they will come out my way. (Sangkha)

I have cancelled True and agree with many others no matter what other sports they offer the premiership is the most important for me and will go with whoever has the rights. If I can get in touch with them before kick off.

My other alternative would seem to be online streaming but it is a bit of a pain finding the right site that is easy to use and isn't full of ads.

Alright freddy, best of luck with that, and probably wise to let the dust settle for a bit and try again.

How do you find living in the sticks? I might end up there myself at some point if it comes down to that or the UK biggrin.png

Hotandhumid

Your name is perfect for living in the sticks.

Probably something that has been addressed many times in other threads and forums so i wont risk moderators wrath by going to off theme.

The pros and cons are many I've been here more than 5 years now and would say that it has got easier each year. Some things will surprise you more than you can imagine both good and bad.

If you crave falang company its not usually to far and if you crave falang comforts they are also just a city trip away. If you just want to chill or try to live Thai style thats on your doorstep. Suffice to say its better than the UK and thats what matters. (my opinion only so no backlash about the wonders of good old blighty please)

• Like 2

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went into the CTH agents shop on Pattaya Tai yesterday. He said satellite boxes are due to be delivered at the start of July. We've signed up for CTH via satellite, which included free installation in 2 rooms. Dish due to be installed after the weekend and the box once it arrives, hopefully in 10 days or so.

I went to Pattaya shop today,after they had told me 20th then 23rd, today she said July 2nd definitely...so hopefully,

I went into the CTH agents shop on Pattaya Tai yesterday. He said satellite boxes are due to be delivered at the start of July. We've signed up for CTH via satellite, which included free installation in 2 rooms. Dish due to be installed after the weekend and the box once it arrives, hopefully in 10 days or so.

I went to Pattaya shop today,after they had told me 20th then 23rd, today she said July 2nd definitely...so hopefully,

Cheers for the update. As long as I'm ready by August I'm not panicking.

• Like 1

Cheers for the update. As long as I'm ready by August I'm not panicking.

No problem,yes that's what I thought theres plenty of time yet so no panic.

Dish installed. Boxes end of June / beginning of July. smile.png

when they install new channel that broadcast EPL? I'm still wonder about this Point! Abd they will share EPL To true if the installation already? I know Ture really can't live without EPL. True must find some solutions or they lose many more customers

True needs to pull its finger out how the hell could they lose the EPL to a small time operator I can only think it is because it employs dimwits to renegotiate the license and because they are to tight to cough up the asking price I still have True and will hope that a deal can be done by the start of the new season if this is not the case it will be another customer loss to them and I will spend my 2,155 baht per month on DVDs. They messed up the Euro's last year you would have thought that lessons would have been learnt if they can not come up with the EPL I can see them closing shop within a year due to the huge loss of customers It is time the Thai Government opened up the cable network to global companies it is true to say that True are truly hopeless as a provider !!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

True needs to pull its finger out how the hell could they lose the EPL to a small time operator I can only think it is because it employs dimwits to renegotiate the license and because they are to tight to cough up the asking price I still have True and will hope that a deal can be done by the start of the new season if this is not the case it will be another customer loss to them and I will spend my 2,155 baht per month on DVDs. They messed up the Euro's last year you would have thought that lessons would have been learnt if they can not come up with the EPL I can see them closing shop within a year due to the huge loss of customers It is time the Thai Government opened up the cable network to global companies it is true to say that True are truly hopeless as a provider !!!!!!!!!

they've probably been bleeding out the profits of their monopoly for years and were also well aware this time was coming. Doubt they care much either.

Yes, that is the cost of the box. There may be a small additional payment for installation, but I'm not sure on that. Everything will be much clearer around 16th-20th June.

TIT. Wanna bet BB?laugh.png

Ha ha ha... oh you are so funny and original. A genius, perhaps.

.... and accurate, yeah?

I think the best ploy is to leave it to the last minute and see what happens.

We can always find some watering hole to watch the first month of the season if there then is a big demand in your area for installation,that is what my local satellite shop guy told me in Thinglish.

they've probably been bleeding out the profits of their monopoly for years and were also well aware this time was coming. Doubt they care much either.

I think a few thousand maybe ??? people cancelling because of losing the EPL deal is not going to shake TRUE'S business core its just one arm of their companies money making interests and we will never know how many cancelled,we can only speculate. The frustrating thing for me is there are many sports on TRUE I am loathe to lose eg Rugby League and Union, the current extensive coverage golf and tennis tournaments and BBC/CNN. So I guess its for everyone to make their own decision, punt on CTH, as yet unproven or hold out for a while to see if TRUE can negotiate a share deal. There is no certainty either way, as we all know, of any rumours/promises in this country being upheld. Add the fact that both the CTH and TRUE web sites are hardly worth looking at.

Having heard of some other people getting discounts after phoning their call centre and threatening to cancel, i decided to do likewise this week. The call centre girl first asks you why you are cancelling, and then tries to get you to change your mind by telling you how fantastic their service is. And with regards the football, they say they are trying to get in place one channel - she mumbled something about Man United TV i think - but no info on what games would be shown, if any. All very vague and i really do think if there was any chance of them broadcasting the Premiership, they would be saying something more along the lines of "we are in negotiations, please be patient and wait for an announcement" as they have said about other sporting events in the past.

Anyway, so i told her thanks but no thanks. Three or four days later, i was contacted by someone from their cancellation team, last gasp saloon type thing, and her final sell to me was that they would discount 25% of the gold subscriber fee, or give me Platinum for the same rate i currently pay. I have no interest in Platinum and as far as the discount is concerned, once they add on fees for rental, for PVR, for extra outlet, i would still end up paying 1,700 baht, which is only 3 or 400 less than what i pay now. Not worth it. Told her to go ahead and cancel. As of the end of this month, i'll be True free! I will miss the PVR function, as that was one brilliant thing about their service, but hopefully CTH will provide something similar in the future. I say them putting on a promotion event in front of Paragorn the other day, so it looks like they are getting into full swing.

That's certainly interesting as originally I dropped down to the Entertainment Plus package and upon hearing similar news decided to try the cancellation route. I was fully prepared to cancel as w/out Cartoon Network or AXN none of my family are interested much.

5 days later I was called and offered my Gold package back for 775 a month for 3 months...

In today's Bangkok Post there is an article about MCOT and how they have the rights to 17 EPL games. How will we be able to watch these games?

MCOT is a freebie channel. I think it's Channel 9.

So there will be 17 EPL games on free to air TV?

If the deal goes ahead, yes. At the moment it appears only the Chairman and Vice are behind it. The cost for the 17 games (51 in total over three years)will be 480m baht. There are doubts whether this will be covered by additional advertising.

I hope it gets sorted quick Chiqoc. In the last 5 years we have had absolutely superb coverage of English football here. I didn't miss a single City league game last year.

No problem bj, with all your money you can just fly over to Thailand every week to watch the game laugh.png

I hope it gets sorted quick Chiqoc. In the last 5 years we have had absolutely superb coverage of English football here. I didn't miss a single City league game last year.

No problem bj, with all your money you can just fly over to Thailand every week to watch the game laugh.png

But I don't like flying alfie. It does my head in and is a necessary evil as part of my job. I have to go to the UK on business next week and have tried my best to dodge it. Still, the wife and daughter have beggared off to Thailand for summer hols, so I will at least have my 50th birthday with the family in the UK.

Oh yeah and I can bring back my new Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin speaker dock. Can't wait to hear the little (or big) beauties.

I think a few thousand maybe ??? people cancelling because of losing the EPL deal is not going to shake TRUE'S business core its just one arm of their companies money making interests and we will never know how many cancelled,we can only speculate. The frustrating thing for me is there are many sports on TRUE I am loathe to lose eg Rugby League and Union, the current extensive coverage golf and tennis tournaments and BBC/CNN. So I guess its for everyone to make their own decision, punt on CTH, as yet unproven or hold out for a while to see if TRUE can negotiate a share deal. There is no certainty either way, as we all know, of any rumours/promises in this country being upheld. Add the fact that both the CTH and TRUE web sites are hardly worth looking at.

As stated on numerous occassions already you will NOT lose the tennis and golf majors as CTH have FOX Sports. You will lose the Rugby though. Speaking of which...

As stated on numerous occassions already you will NOT lose the tennis and golf majors as CTH have FOX Sports. You will lose the Rugby though. Speaking of which...

What about all the tennis and golf that True show but Fox Sports don't? Presumably you'd lose those particular tourneys by switching to CTH, but at least you'd then be spared all that bloody boxing angry.png and basketball angry.pngsaai.gif which True seem hell-bent on inflicting on us sufferers of their increasingly grotty service nowadays

The pure hatred for TRUE on here nevr ceazes to amaze me. Sad people.

You sound like a fully paid-up PR consultant for TRUE in most of your posts, hotandhumid. Equally sad IMHO.

More sad than having genuine anger and biterness towards what is basically a tv operator that you don't even have to subscribe to?

It's utterly pathetic.

The pure hatred for TRUE on here nevr ceazes to amaze me. Sad people.

You sound like a fully paid-up PR consultant for TRUE in most of your posts, hotandhumid. Equally sad IMHO.

More sad than having genuine anger and biterness towards what is basically a tv operator that you don't even have to subscribe to?

It's utterly pathetic.

For many years, people have to subscribe to them - either that or get to see no coverage - because UBC/True have enjoyed a monopoly in the market place, and have taken advantage of that complete lack of competition by delivering at times appalling service, because they knew they could. And yeah, people do get pissed off when that happens and when a company messes them around.That doesn't make them sad or pathetic, it simply makes them normal consumers with reasonable expectations.

Either you aren't normal, or you haven't experienced the poor service others have. Whichever it is, you certainly do get strangely defensive on their behalf, and are quick to attack people who have complaints about this company. I remember when i myself posted about some problems i had had with them, you came immediately to the conclusion before i had even had a chance to explain my issues in detail, that i must simply be making it up, and was complaining for the sake of complaining. Bizarre.

• Like 2